Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately it does seem as though his injuries might be restricting his ability to run into space and offer options to the midfield and defence. His movement off the ball doesn’t seem to be as good recently as I remember it in the past. But I don’t agree that he is a passenger

He can't move. He was supposed to assist Son for the goal, but he never got his feet going

The squad is fractured in every sense.

Maybe a new voice would change things.

Maybe we need new players or maybe it's all change.

Fcuk me it's hard.

Fractured is a good word. I actually thought we saw some great flashes of interplay between Kane, Son, and Dele.

Lo Celso looks like a player who will grab control of the game. He needs to be playing centrally. Being wasted on the right side.

Weird that Harry looks tired because he was sick and has played a full 90 minutes in every game bar one this season...and just happens to be the only natural senior centre forward at the club after not replacing Llorente.

It's almost like he's human.

He gets zero quality service from out wide.
I don't disagree that he isn't on top of it like he used to be, but if we can't even put in genuinely dangerous balls to him, I don't see how he can do the business.
There's relevance in your point, but we just can't afford to have him jogging around with no dynamic movement, waiting for the ball in to feet in the box.

It's clear we get much more value out of him playing him off the front, now.

It's easy to blame defenders and midfielders, but it would be easier for them if pressure was applied a bit earlier. I think we've seen this too much from Kane over the last year. Don't care if he looks mustard for England against the likes of Bulgaria and other lower nations
I thought he looked unwell today, like he is not really over whatever he was sick with last week.

Was the crowd backing sporadic or constant? Sounded good when they got going but the stream I had didn’t pick up all the noise.

Just lost for words.

We used to build healthy leads of two/three even four goals in previous seasons at half time. You can count on hand probably how many times we've scored in the first half of a league game in 2019.

That's why we struggle so much against bus parkers. We piss away the first 45 minutes pretty much every time. Today we played alright in the first half but no end product and then after breaking the deadlock we just stopped playing. Sheffield United for the first hour struggled to get out of their half but in the last half an hour could have won it.
They didn’t park the bus. They pressed the hell out of us and we couldn’t play out of the back

Mood when Poch rolls out platitudes about being berry heppy with the performance:

joker-movie-shooter-warning-incel.gif

Back
Top Bottom