Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All joking aside...that was a seriously shite game...

It was bad, wasn't it.

Feel far worse watching this, than the Liverpool game or any of our previous losses. We're light years off the pace. I'm trying to think of a team that has regressed as much as us recently? I suppose Leicester after their title winning antics.

We have absolutely zero formation or strategy. Look like strangers playing out there.

I also don't have a clue what is going on with Eriksen. I'm not sure if it's Poch looking to make a point, but his continued selection is absurd.

And I miss Dier.

I assume you are neither South Stand ST holder or an away travel supporter.
What did you make of the new signings today?
Oh no wait that’s right.
Ndombele, our best player was taken off after an hour.
Lo Celso got half an hour and Sessegnon got one minute.

I’ll ask you again in 18 months when they are ready to play a whole game

Because Son was the instigator of the injury? Lloris just landed awkwardly.

I once saw some guy have a heart attack after playing squash: nothing to do with me whatsoever and also total by-product of the sport. Shook me up for weeks afterwards.
Now, if he’d been playing me when that had happened? I get why Son is so devestated: I also get why the club might not appeal the card - some things ARE more important...
Son wasn’t the instigator? If anything Aurier was and if anything Gomes hurt himself
It was accidental... which is what made the Red even worse... it insinuated that it was deliberate... which it wasn't...
You could see by Son's expression he was shocked and devastated... yet a red card implicates him 100%
Aurier was the 'force' which broke his leg... it was fucking awful...
I just wonder why when our player snaps his arm in 3 directions, WE don't have the wherewithal to 'win it for him'... yet the sense of injustice the Everton players felt, made them doubly determined to at least equalise, and had there been much more time left, probably win.

I guess OUR players are just heartless cunts who care more about someone else's player than their own.
We went to shit against Brighton... and we had 87 minutes to put that right...

Yet today, the MOMENT the injury happened (AND the board for 12 minutes injury time went up) you just KNEW... fucking KNEW They would equalise.

I'm not a betting man, but I'd have put my remaining Kidney on them scoring once the injury happened.

True it was, no excuses, but it until the ridiculous red card farce it looked like we might win an ugly 3 points, which would have been precious. I'd have been content wth that, all things considered

As would I. Would have loved it.

None of us, if we're honest, have a molecular clue what's going on behind the scenes. It's good fun to speculate (part of being a fun), but we have no idea.

My worry is I'm not even sure changing managers will make a difference. We just look so bad. Technically, on the ball, we're poor. We look slow and ponderous. It's like we're playing in sand.

Also.. people who have been crying for Lucas have seen today why he isn’t trusted.

He barely contributed today, doesn’t hold the ball up and takes a lot away from Son’s game.

Great squad player, but isn’t good enough for our strongest 11.

When the manager isn't putting his players in a position to succeed, it's hard to be angry with them. 10 out of the 11 today looked like they were trying, but once again, it didn't seem like there was a game plan.

Go out and run. Make something happen.

Our goal was a gift, zero creation.

Why Dier or Winks weren't brought on for Eriksen as soon as we went down a man is beyond me.

Poch talks about protecting new and younger players, but throws Sess on with 1 minute left in a very odd and hostile game? For what?

I'm not sure what happened to Poch, but he's not the same person or manager from 2 seasons ago
hes probably been tapped, just after semi final win champions league, it went pear shaped soon after, heres the options, 1 hes lost his mind, 2 he cant manage any more like before when he was good, lost dressing room and players,, 3 he wants the sack, he wont leave, without his money, and hes picking weak teams on purpose, to force levys hand.

What did you make of the new signings today?
Oh no wait that’s right.
Ndombele, our best players was taken off after an hour.
Lo Celso got half an hour and Sessegnon got one minute.

I’ll ask you again 18 months when they are ready to play a whole game
The damage was done in last season 2 TWs.

I have no idea why they built the new stadium for.

Regardless of all else that happened today (and that's quite a lot) can someone from the "Poch In" camp please explain to me (without insult or wit) one thing please.
What was the rationale (from both a tactical and player motivating point of view) in putting Ryan Sessegnon onto the pitch to replace Eriksen after a game that had lasted 101 minutes in total and had just sixty seconds remaining :thumbdown:
Not Poch camp in at all but.....

To waste time, to try and disrupt Everton's late 2nd wind.

He was desperate not to lose the game and was just trying every trick in the book to get to full time with a point.

So sad how low we've fallen.

Yeah so when you were laying into the people you now agree with, it was ok because the game was today?

What?
Win the internet? I’m not hardcore enough....enjoy your 7 hour drive
You are quite something. Everyone agrees that this was a shocking performance. Literally no argument. Bit you’re still trying to be obnoxious. I really pity you at times. We’re all Spurs. No need to constantly rant and act like a dick.

Also.. people who have been crying for Lucas have seen today why he isn’t trusted.

He barely contributed today, doesn’t hold the ball up and takes a lot away from Son’s game.

Great squad player, but isn’t good enough for our strongest 11.
it was just him and son doing anything, alli and eriksen did fuck all, oh yes alli scored gift, but what else, they are both passengers, so moura and son had to work harder.

Back
Top Bottom