Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IS it only me than that thinks(in parts) we weren't that bad yesterday? Or has my standards really dropped that much?...
C'mon Sean, you should know that bringing this kind of rational, circumspect evaluation of the match doesn't cut it here on TFC.... where's the bile, the hatred, the blindness to any possibility of positives?

IS it only me than that thinks(in parts) we weren't that bad yesterday? Or has my standards really dropped that much?...
I don't think we were awful, I just think team selection cost us. We defended as a team fairly well and were pretty good on the break. Problem is we had players out there that shouldn't have been, who cost us.

I think people are frustrated that this was a game we "lost" more than Liverpool "won" and team selection had a ton to do with it.

I thought a lot of our lot had a go at least. I want to be positive, I really do. But it's difficult when you've got a manager who keeps choosing lineups that make about as much sense as Jemima Puddle Duck in a titty bar.

It was obviously a game where our counter was everything so why leave one of the fastest pair of goal scoring legs on the bench until the 83rd(?) minute?

Danny Rose Redux is nowhere near Danny Rose v2.0 from the KW days. Davies did well the other night and should have played. Eriksen doesn't look like a guy interested in playing football any more. Just please for the love of god ditch him.

Absolutely inevitable -from the lineup to the performance, the way we lost, subs.
Obviously Liverpool are a good team but once again Poch got so many things wrong and already our 4th loss in the league this season.

Can anybody honestly say that the current situation is going to be rectified by buying a few players and moving a few on?

If you are Levy would you even want to sanction more siginings under Poch?
Didn't see the game but read the posts. It's inexplicable to me why they buy good players and Poch benches them. Not much point in buying anyone whilst Poch is still there. And if stays and keeps this up, with GLC on loan, he's not going to hang around. And RM are sniffing around Kane. I love what Poch has been able to do but he's peaked.

You mean the one intended for Llorente? Right. With that type of memory I bet you can make anyone seem a world beater in retrospect. You should watch them again and you would realize his ball wasn't intended where it ended up. Both 'assists' from that game were bumbles. If you don't believe me I can post the article...that is if it will change your mind.

And you've brought up 4 moments. I can bring up 4 moments in 1 big game where he's killed a move or slowed us down with his many, many touches to just control a ball. But I don't need to get into this with you. Like you said we can agree to disagree on the past. But in the present he isn't a very effective footballer. And in the future I imagine he will be plying his trade away from WHL.

I stand behind my <10 more England caps in his career.

I would just like to point out that I got Mrs P's stamp of approval. Suck it, losers!!!!

Was and still am a Yankees fan there Sammy. But I get what you're trying to say but you'd be wrong again.

And I don't ever remember seeing Dele run at players with the ball mostly because he hasn't...ever! That would necessitate some degree of close control. Feel free to provide video of these amazing Messi-like runs. Otherwise it is just as I said, confabulation.

But that is all neither here nor there. We agree that he is not playing well and going forward it doesn't look like it will improve. But that's not Poch's fault.

I concede that he’s not playing well at the moment but I don’t want to give up on him
A while on the bench may help and I’d still start him in preference to CE

Yes you may have a powerful ally in Mrs P but I hear that she can be bought for a vodka or three!!
(Only kidding.....gulp)

this poch saga happened just before champions league final, just after semi win, and we heard all the rumours manure looking to poch, before they gave ole the job, but is that just a fill in till pochs arrival, then we heard levy and poch arguements rumours, and then we have the cl final, where we didnt turn up, and then later hes saying , i have no say in signings, dont ask me, I AM THE COACH ask mr levy,
too right you shouldnt have absolute power in transfers and signings, you could sell players, which would be personal, not professional decisions, leaving us weaker, chairman should be in charge of transfers and signings.

I can understand a lot of the frustration after that game, but Poch is on a hiding to nothing these days, he'll be getting grief no matter what he does...
He's only reaping his just rewards to be fair. That line up yesterday would have been funny if it hadn't been tragic. He invites derision. I think he's definitely looking for the sack and DL won't because there's money involved. Even saving money on GLC won't cover the loss of revenue by not being in any European competition next year. And if the unthinkable happens, how much revenue will the Championship bring in? I'd be willing to bet money that if we are relegated, (please Mr. God, don't let that happen), ENIC will have us up for sale. So the foreseeable future really rests with Levy. He has to act and act now. Let's face it. 30 mil is an unobtainable sum for us but pocket (or should I say Pochett) money for ENIC.

Just watched the highlights again, Danny Rose on the 1st goal, what are you doing man? Playing him over Davies could very well have cost us the game. Rose has cost us many goals this year, enough is enough.

levy hates manure, and will never give them anything, and if poch is playing games with levy, there is only one winner, some fans may hate levy, (i dont) but you cant deny hes a very clever man.

He's only reaping his just rewards to be fair. That line up yesterday would have been funny if it hadn't been tragic. He invites derision. I think he's definitely looking for the sack and DL won't because there's money involved. Even saving money on GLC won't cover the loss of revenue by not being in any European competition next year. And if the unthinkable happens, how much revenue will the Championship bring in? I'd be willing to bet money that if we are relegated, (please Mr. God, don't let that happen), ENIC will have us up for sale. So the foreseeable future really rests with Levy. He has to act and act now. Let's face it. 30 mil is an unobtainable sum for us but pocket (or should I say Pochett) money for ENIC.
we wont go down, and we will climb up the table, when the right players are chosen.

I found yesterday pretty depressing thinking about the evolution of both teams over the past few seasons. If we hadn't got that early goal, reckon we could have got a serious tonking. Bin Dippers had over 70% possession. I was reading this morning when we went there and drew 2-2 two seasons back, we had 66% possession and even last season when we lost unluckily 2-1 we had 51% possession. Fabinho had 91 passes yesterday which was seemingly more than the combined total of Eriksen, Winks and Sissoko.

We finished above them in the league 8 out of 9 seasons prior to last season. Summer before last they went out and signed Fabinho for £40 million, Allison for £55 million and Van Dijk for £70. £165 million that has transformed them into a big trophy winning team largely financed by the sale for £105 million of Coutinho who many perceived to be their best player and madness to sell. That was the summer we didn't sign anyone. Throw in a 20 year old youth academy graduate Trent Alexander-Arnold who was given a proper go at right back and the Bin Dippers are a transformed team.

Supports nothing only you and how you tried to portray me but hey I'm not going to argue we need to be upbeat otherwise we will be as miserable as our crap team.

So what you're saying is post gibberish and more fool anyone that doesn't understand it....

Sound! :adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom