Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very hard to defend Pochettino today. And mystifying - the same Pochettino who was ruthless in getting rid of bad influences when he joined, now insists on playing the likes of Eriksen, Rose, even Toby, when neither form or commitment justify it.

Aside from two defensive errors, pretty solid at the back against arguably the best attack line in the world.
Son was unreal.
Gazzaniga unreal.
Just thought it was a very tight game against an excellent Liverpool team and Tottenham were the most competitive I’ve seen them for weeks.
Would have started N’Dombele and Lucas over Alli and Eriksen.
Thought N’Dombele looked excellent when he came on.
Had Son’s effort early in second half went in it would’ve been a different result.
Understand current frustrations but do reckon we’ve still got the manager and players to get firing again.
This squad has given us so much, we should cut them a little bit of slack

Here’s an idea, why not give GLC a fucking start vs everton! No more of this, 5, 10 mins crap..man looks good, but how can he be judged when he’s been handled with kid gloves. Start him next week and give 65-70 mins, can’t be any worse then Erikson was today.
Yeah but who would we drop ?

:memelol:

Here’s an idea, why not give GLC a fucking start vs everton! No more of this, 5, 10 mins crap..man looks good, but how can he be judged when he’s been handled with kid gloves. Start him next week and give 65-70 mins, can’t be any worse then Erikson was today.

His “fitness” is only good enough for 6 mins a game.

Maybe we’ll get to see Sess come on at the 90min next week.

But would you all be saying the same if Son’s second off the bar had gone in? Or if we’d held on for a 1-1.

performance was poor, but according to plan to frustrate. Unhelpful penalty and earlier subs would have helped, but looking more hopeful than against Brighton, for example.
We don't do if and butts.
We lost.

I can understand a lot of the frustration after that game, but Poch is on a hiding to nothing these days, he'll be getting grief no matter what he does...
So many posters contradicting themselves. "Same team as midweek". After we lose, "should have started Lucas".

"Aurier is a disgrace to the shirt". "Start him today" We lose, "aurier is a car crash".

" Don't sign players in january as they won't be ready until the following season".
"Why is poch bedding in lo Celso for so long".

"Ndombele looks unfit & gassed". "Why didnt poch start ndombele for 2 games in 5 days".

He wasn’t the only one I’ll grant you but he was atrocious and letting Taylor make a decision for the penalty was unforgivable
He’d won the ball back in the area so get rid of it anywhere but no he hesitated and let Mane pull his pants down
Amateurish at best

Not after a cunt off so let’s agree to disagree
I don't agree with you Baz but I'm happy with can have a disagreement without calling each other cunts.

I don't agree. It was a stone cold penalty for me whether we like it or not, but if I was Mane, I would be utterly f*cking furious that the crowd was signing Salah's song when all he did was knock in the pen. Mane was a threat throughout and had far more influence over the 90.

Maybe we can stir the pot and get him in January. :levylol:
I’d cut off my own legs to have Mane

Very hard to defend Pochettino today. And mystifying - the same Pochettino who was ruthless in getting rid of bad influences when he joined, now insists on playing the likes of Eriksen, Rose, even Toby, when neither form or commitment justify it.
Walker was done for less.

The bin dippers will never win the title this year, thoroughly overated, spoony penalties are rescuing them every game.

Eriksen is an absolute fucking disgrace and I never want to see his face again. Ndombele and Lo Celso genuinely turned us into a different team, incisive forward passes and dribbling.

never expected anything from this game but very disappointed after the final whistle, not only with the wimpy strategy we employed but also because Liverpool were there to beat today
Given that the majority were predicting a cricket score...

Yeah we lost, but the majority (not all) players turned up. Glaring misses were most of the usual suspects - I think Toby had a good game. Rose tried really hard, but showed how short he is. Eriksen can piss off and Dele just needs some time.

Poch is in a hole now because NDombele changed the dynamic completely and no it wasn't a tactical masterclass, it was a tactical mistake from the start.

I have a very different view from the majority that has spoke their mind here.
I blame Poch for a lot of our losses recently. But i think he has done well here, in terms of the strategy and approach of the games.
Ultimately i feel we lacked quality in FB section and thats why today happens.
Get a good FB and throw Eriksen anywhere i dont care, i believe we are as good as them. Hell, you swap our FB i bet you anything we would have won.

Ndombele looked so good, so confident and commanding.

But losses were always hard to swallow, it could dent on our confidence and halting any rebound momentum we would have like.
But i hope we build on this, and with Kane on the armband, i'm cautiously confident.
Kane, Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Ndombele has to play every game. Put in some new blood in the form of GLC, Sessegnon and in some way KWP, Foyth. I hope we can then find some form.

Nb : Toby played so well, his best game for ages.

Well it is a Forum

😳

You can say if this and if that in any football match and ofcourse sometimes the margins go against you

But the situation here is that we are losing match after match with no sign of change in sight
True enough- but I always like to look at the match not the result. Was a poor performance but going to plan...always will be fine margins against the better teams.

Back
Top Bottom