Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't think Potchettino wants to be here. We played such great football in the week. Then we come back and play defensive against the best attacking squad in the league? What the hell? We blame Rose and Aurier whi were bought primarily for their attacking ability. They were never ever good Defenders. Like we play now days, we may just as well buy another 2 Centre backs and play them on the wing. POTCH MUST GO. Not even Levys fault

I'm not sure that kicking a players legs in the box and awarding a penalty is based on intention?

It’s not and that is my point. People are up in a roar that it wasn’t a pen because he was in possession and didn’t intend to kick him. He did though and it was rightly called imo. We got the same call against VVD a couple years ago when Lamela got ghost kicked

Was I watching a different game? We got dominated mate and didn’t have a single on target from out goal up til their penalty. We played like cowards and only woke up after they went ahead, but let’s not pretend Liverpool were not always going to win that. I knew instantly we were losing that once we conceded the first.
We’re absolute pony and they needed a dodgy penalty to beat us. City for the title yet again for me

I really think he wants to be sacked now for whatever reason, he seems to have a grudge and is getting his own back and wants a big payout and he knows that will hurt his 'mate' Daniel in the only way he understands( in his pocket). I would never have guessed it would go so bad after the euphoria of June 1st, awful situation, where do we go from here
Has 32 million reasons to get sacked, zero reason to resign

Mixed feelings. Didn’t expect anything. Got to half time ahead, but then the usual shower of a second half.

The 84th minute sub for Moura is genuinely taking the piss though. I genuinely don’t know what the FUCK he is thinking.

Anyway, bottom half. Goodison next. No idea what team we’ll put out.

This team is finished.

I really don’t know why Ndombele is dropped for these games. He’s genuinely our best player along with Kane and Son. He was the best outfield player and came on in the 63rd minute.

Has to start vs Everton

No, so let's get Ranieri in... he won the league with a little fucking BELL!
imagine the self entitled uproar if we got him... or BRENDAN ROGERS in!!

Just imagine!!

Or do you want someone more 'Rock n Roll' like Ancelotti, or Pep, or Klopp ... 'cos I'm sure they'll be more than happy to swap their menial day jobs and come to Spurs, won't they?
Joey Barton. Will bring some fight back.

right have to rant a bit:
was so clear when le celso and ndombele came on they are far better

not all negative but need to vent

Eriksen, Aurier and Rose need to go
Alli needs to be dropped...again
Winks, although better than those above probably shouldn't start, if im being brutally honest, his just a bit of a shit dembelle

The rest are all okay, swap that lot out for lamela - Eriksen, ndombele - Winks, Le Cleso - Alli, Fouth - Aurier and Davies (Sess when fit) - Rose => and we have a decent X11

why Poch isnt starting these players I dont know, trying to transition to the future, so lets take a risk and stop going with oldguar, guess injuries have prevented this but Eriksen is madness - should not be playing

- Eriksen is to weak, too slow, and doesnt care naywhere near as much as he did before
- Aurier needs to fuck off, cant slide tackle for shit, not even mentioning the pen, his positioning is fucking horrendous
- Unless Alli picks up his form he shouldnt play, even at the best of times he is too slow on the ball - if he had pace and passed the ball a bit faster he would be quality but his just too slugish as everything he does, when his not in perfect form his largely crap unfortunately
- although i like winks, his just doesnt quite cut it, too many touches, not as bad as others tho
- Danny rose, full commitment and still offers the team something but he just isnt good enough, the main problems with him are he can no longer cross the ball for shit, passing accuracy is terrible and his positioning at times can be dreadful. That combined with him loosing a yard of pace every year for the past few seasons just increases the problem

Alli started the last two games before this- should never have started this one, should have been rotated out for Lucas out right and Lamela/Lo Celso/Eriksen in the middle.
Poch has no idea what to do with his attackers- it's starting to get really embarassing...

The main players to keep: Kane, Son, Gazza, Sanchez, Sissoko, Maura,Davies, Lamela and summer signings.
The rest on the shelf to be sold.

Last edited:
Found that all too depressingly predictable. We’re in the bottom half of the table now closer in points to the relegation places than the Top 4. That’s a fairly accurate representation of where where we’re at. If state of flux drags on much longer, we’re sucked into a relegation dogfight.

Back
Top Bottom