Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DM who was not even capable against Colchester unfortunately.
My faith in him is eroding unfortunately. Poch does not seem to trust him either.

Sorry, but up to now I don't see much separating him from other "soon-to-be" players who never cut it here such as Onomah, Walker-Peters, Pritchards etc.
He was fine against Colchester.

It was our attack that fucked up.

He was DM, and we didn't concede.

Thank you, thought it was just me a bit confused here.

Should we also blame Tanganga for not scoring against Colchester despite him being a CH or what about Gazzanigga, never really got in any goal scoring positions the whole game!

Ah, yea. If you play against league Two side, cannot pass the ball for more than 5 meters, lose posession and your defense bails you out (so you keep a clean sheet) than this is "playing fine". Okay. Roger that. Low bar, but the truth is subjective :)

Each game I’ve seen him in, I’ve seen flashes of what we have bought & it genuinely is exciting.
His fitness isn’t what it should be which is a worry for a professional athlete but last night he played really well and wasn’t blowing out of his arse after half an hour. He makes really difficult stuff look easy but we need to give the lad time. He’s got all the tools to be an absolute midfield general for the next 10 years.
More of last night on Sunday please (if that makes sense)
The scousers really will be a test of his fitness.

I for one thought his fitness looked improved. He was blowing a bit after the first 30 min onslaught but then he got a second wind and was pressing hard right till the end, promising signs.

Really don't know how this Liverpool game will go. They are not untouchable and if we put a shift in we can definitely get something but our Prem form has been so bad it's hard to be hopeful.

We need another Tango masterclass.

Ndombele starting to settle in nicely at Spurs now I feel - 2 goals and 3 assists from his first 10 games as CM is a very decent return.

Still a few concerns about his general level of fitness, but it might be a few months before he seems to hit a wall at about 60 minutes in our faster games, so we might need to assume he needs a sub to see out some games. Also the defensive side of his game probably needs attention, but I think that we'll only truly see the results of that next season - which in turn means that his CM partner (this season) needs to get through a fair amount of work, and given this area will be most tested against the better teams it means his CM partner needs to be positionally very good too, so of the options that might mean Dier (the best DM we have, positionally good and gets through a lot of defensive stuff easily) against the better teams and Winks/Sissoko against lesser teams (Sissoko is positionally poor, Winks may struggle to do all the defensive work of a CM2 against the better teams).

N Dumbo like Lamela looked fantastic against Europa League level Euro bums, although I feel N Dumbo will be more suited to PL once he's adjusted I'm not totally convinced by him, his ability is fine and he looks great when we are playing well but has so far been anonymous when we are not.

Needs to start against Liverpool and show a bit more.

N Dumbo like Lamela looked fantastic against Europa League level Euro bums, although I feel N Dumbo will be more suited to PL once he's adjusted I'm not totally convinced by him, his ability is fine and he looks great when we are playing well but has so far been anonymous when we are not.

Needs to start against Liverpool and show a bit more.
What's up with this 'N Dumbo' though? :pochcmon:

Involved in more goals in his first 10 games for us than Dembele had in his last 100 for us.

:dembelelol: :dembelelol: :dembelelol: :dembelelol: :dembelelol:
Doesn’t tell the full story that.
Dembele controlled games and have others the confidence and space to be creative. You could rely on him to receive & keep the ball in a telephone box space.
We have been lacklustre since Dembele went- shit at times.
Whatever Tanguy is doing, our performances have been mediocre at best & shit at worst apart from last night.

Get him at full fitness and he will prove to be our best central midfielder since Modric.

Perhaps even overtake him due to him being able to do alot more.

Get him at full fitness and he will prove to be our best central midfielder since Modric.

Perhaps even overtake him due to him being able to do alot more.

Scary that he is probably only at 60% now (and 22 years old), wouldn't surprise me at all if people in 2021 will say that he was an absolute bargain at £55m.

Last edited:
DM who was not even capable against Colchester unfortunately.
My faith in him is eroding unfortunately. Poch does not seem to trust him either.

Sorry, but up to now I don't see much separating him from other "soon-to-be" players who never cut it here such as Onomah, Walker-Peters, Pritchards etc.

We dominated Colchester, had 70+ possession, and didn't allow them a sniff in our half, but couldn't;t break them down. That's hardly the fault of the 18yo DM, more to do with having an 18yo striker making his debut and Moura and Alli (and then Son and Lamela) producing fuck all creatively.

We dominated Colchester, had 70+ possession, and didn't allow them a sniff in our half, but couldn't;t break them down. That's hardly the fault of the 18yo DM, more to do with having an 18yo striker making his debut and Moura and Alli (and then Son and Lamela) producing fuck all creatively.

Here I am thinking Skipp was the only player all fans agreed upon as being a positive influence and star of the future. I don't recall ever seeing him put a foot out of place. Which is just what you want for a DM. I wish he got more gametime.

But here we are.

Here I am thinking Skipp was the only player all fans agreed upon as being a positive influence and star of the future. I don't recall ever seeing him put a foot out of place. Which is just what you want for a DM. I wish he got more gametime.

But here we are.

Personally I think it's a fucking scandal that we haven;'t seen more of him the last two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom