Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck off Worse than Colchester? Idiot.

Yeh, Colchester were disciplined and frustrated us.
They got in close and made sure most of our shots or dangerous passes were blocked.

With the ball Red Star were certainly more of a threat than Colchester - but ultimately they conceded 5 goals and deserved to concede more.

Maybe watch the goals again and pay attention to their defending as well as our attacking.

Twat.
(I guess we sign off with insults here?)

Yeh, Colchester were disciplined and frustrated us.
They got in close and made sure most of our shots or dangerous passes were blocked.

With the ball Red Star were certainly more of a threat than Colchester - but ultimately they conceded 5 goals and deserved to concede more.

Maybe watch the goals again and pay attention to their defending as well as our attacking.

Twat.
(I guess we sign off with insults here?)
Don’t patronise me - I watched the game. That team wasn’t the same team that played Colchester. If you’re so desperate to denigrate Spurs, maybe find a different correspondent? There are plenty on here to chose from.

Apologies for the ‘twat’ - you’re clearly new Spurs to the bone.

We’ve played plenty of shite teams recently and not won 5-0. Some people literally hate the fact we played well tonight. I thought the problem was that we couldn’t beat shite teams? What a place. I’ll leave you to your misery.
It's nonsense to act like they are some kind of League Two side anyway; earlier this season they beat Olympiacos 3-1 and in Munich it was only 1-0 until Lewandowski scored the 2-0 in the 80th minute. Serbia's SuperLiga is obviously not the greatest league in Europe, but you don't win 10 out of 11 matches there with a bunch of farmers.

Last season they got a result against Liverpool and Napoli in the group stage of the CL.

Last edited:
Don’t patronise me - I watched the game. That team wasn’t the same team that played Colchester. If you’re so desperate to denigrate Spurs, maybe find a different correspondent? There are plenty on here to chose from.

Apologies for the ‘twat’ - you’re clearly new Spurs to the bone.

I think you may be slightly confused in your apparent rage.

My criticism was aimed at Red Star.
I praised Spurs for helping each other and playing as a team.
I posted in response to you quoting me.

Sorry, what defines 'new Spurs'? Is there a set criteria? I can neither confirm nor deny without further definition.

Your criticism of Red Star was clearly an attempt to take the gloss off Spurs’ performance. I’m not daft, I’m not raging and I’m not confused - and it’s ‘criterion’. That team didn’t play Colchester, so why pretend it did? You can guess the rest. Once we start to win a few games I don’t expect to see you around so much.

Last edited:
Your criticism of Red Star was clearly an attempt to take the gloss off Spurs’ performance. I’m not daft, I’m not raging and I’m not confused - and it’s ‘criterion’. That team didn’t play Colchester, so why pretend it did? You can guess the rest.

Really wasn't 'attempting to take the gloss off it' but I wont get carried away with the result either.
After the Palace game I had that level of belief.. 'fool me once' and all that.

Criterion.. oh wow. So there's 1 rule? Please, enlighten me.

(or has your attempt to be pedantic with a grammar correction backfired? I won't make fun of you if that's the case.)

I think 7 players appeared in both games?
In particular, Dele was good tonight and dreadful against Colchester. Very valuable minutes for him too.
But I think you're missing the point. I said Colchester on that night were better than Red Star last night.

I'm happy with how we played though like originally posted - they worked for each other.
Davies was covering Jan, Dele and Son were helping Davies for example.
When players moved out of positions, people were looking to fill gaps and take joint responsibility.
Some of Kanes passing was fantastic. We broke - and ran at them. But none of that changes the fact that they didn't seem to know how to defend at times - especially number 77.

What a great team performance, I can't think of a single player who had a poor game. Kane, Lamela, Ndombele and Son were all fantastic. Those of us who have been clamoring for Davies to start were given a lot of material to work with. Even Aurier played well.

Was I seeing things or were we playing 4-3-3 when Dier came on? I know the opposition was poor but I wonder if there's something there.

Just on a very basic level this is pretty disingenuous. Nobody is suggesting swapping Winks and NDombele around - ie playing Ndombele as the deep holder and Winks as the progressive 8.
You sure BC?

To be fair; give Winks the Ndombele role and you'll see a different Winks.
This was the message to which I was replying. Disingenuousness case dismissed.

I think until everyone is fit, and we get a proper 6, Winks is still viable in some capacity. After that, I think he becomes a squad player.
I think Winks has got a longterm role as well (unlike Carroll and all the other MF academy folks you defend beyond their abilities). But stop using descriptive stats to justify. Yes, on the whole Winks might hit some 'forward' passes. The issue that folks are talking about is he rarely breaks a line with a pass i.e. does anything with the ball. Hitting a ball from deep to a FB that is positioned slightly ahead of him is a a forward pass and that is tied up in your statistics. But when was the last time you saw him break a line with a pass? It's all in front of the defense and no fucking threat.

Ndombele has hurt every team we have played this season with a pass that has broken through a MF or backline. And I'm not even talking about some of his sublime passes. Some players have certain talents that others should not be judged against. I'm talking about simple passes though, the ones that are always available to Winks and he doesn't take them...usually because he brain is already on backpass autopilot.

Last edited:
The end-game of VAR is to legitimise American-style NFL/ice hockey advertisement breaks during the game. The longer the delay, the more the TV viewing public needs “something else” to look at....
'Murican sports don't typically go to commercial/ads during replay.

What a place. I’ll leave you to your misery.

Simpatico Joe Clash Joe Clash .... Been off the forums during this stretch as I figured it has been an awful place to talk football. I have been twisted in knots with some of the performances recently. What a pleasure to see us play so well tonight under the lights.

They are not Bayern, but I don't care.

Watching us grab posssession at midfield, whip, turn and race towards goal like a squadron of F-16's does my heart good. Watching the communication, the touches just right, the through balls on target, the ruthless finishing......if you cannot smile and be happy at this, then I fear for your soul.

Just what we needed before going to Anfield.

COYS

We need at least a draw at Anfield now. Then we can say we've turned the corner.
The end-game of VAR is to legitimise American-style NFL/ice hockey advertisement breaks during the game. The longer the delay, the more the TV viewing public needs “something else” to look at....
I think Americans go for a snack or a beer every ad break which is literally every 5 minutes. No wonder the obesity rate is so high over there.

Back
Top Bottom