Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be honest, the chanting is still not quite there, is it? Our school report would say, "Must try harder".

Christ... he looks like he's APOLOGISING for being one of our best players on the night... it's not like he scored an own goal!

What IS it with these South Koreans... they're so fucking reverential!! Lighten up man... WE FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!
Loved that moment. He walked off on the East Stand side and slowly milked the applause in the South Stand. So much love for Sonny. He was possessed from the start. Atmosphere was so good today.

If I were a Spurs player, I would be going to bed buzzing and happy tonight - and wanting to play like that again in the next game.

This has kicked our season into life. Onward and upward!

Missed the start of the game so just watched the first 30 minutes. Absolutely bossed it, the tempo and energy was perfect.
The whole team played great imo, Kane, Son and Ndombele were great. Saw the best of Aurier tonight too.

Okay, finished watching it. I liked it.

I think the starting XI and the substitutions were smart. Recipe: Danny Rose and Eriksen should not be playing for Spurs any longer, then pick one of the two crocked Belgian CBs, start Ndombele, start Son. Aurier looks stronger when you’re not perpetually 1–0 down.

Then the substitutions: Dier (still marginally useful), Foyth (let’s get ready), and Lo Celso. Those were the right subs to make, better than giving Lucas Moura or Oliver Skipp pointless run-outs.

Let’s start this XI and make these same subs against the car thieves at the weekend, no?

Were they kept back after the whistle and made to show their tickets - it's probably easier than tracing them back to the turnstile on CCTV to find the ticket numbers.
Lets hope Spurs' action is as strong and effective as the measures they're taking to stop fans persistently standing in the South Stand.

This Red Star team were awful. They were worse than Colchester on the night.
They gave us so much space it was unreal - and wasted so much possession. They made it very easy for us.

Happy with what looked like a 451 to me. Players helped each other out and played as a team.

Some very valuable minutes given out too.

Back
Top Bottom