Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't care that Red Star sucked. We were aggressive, making runs, threading passes. Loved Kane-Son-Lamela-Dele, LOVED LOVED Ndombele in the middle, Glad for the pace Sanchez can provide on defense--have to build his confidence back up, and this is a start.

COYS! Let's bring this energy into Anfield this weekend!

Very good performance all round.

Ndombele's passing is a joy to watch. So perfectly weighted almost every time and often it's first time passes which don't allow the defence to settle. Kane and Son must love when he's playing.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have a 6/DM, just that playing someone who isn't very good at it isn't the answer.
if you watched the game closely dier was the first midfielder to collect the ball in the middle from defense he then slots in the middle to sure up the defense very much needed sissoko ndembele lo celso love going foward we need protection for our defense.

I was trying to work out exactly what Sissoko was up to. He basically played as a DM but dropped into the back 4, to replace anyone that moved forward.

It worked. He didn't try and overplay anything.

There's something there.

I was trying to work out exactly what Sissoko was up to. He basically played as a DM but dropped into the back 4, to replace anyone that moved forward.

It worked. He didn't try and overplay anything.

There's something there.

Yep, and this is the perfect role for him with us.
He's too shit in front of goal to risk moving into attack.
Much better patrolling the back line to support the FBs, track runs and clean up loose balls

giphy.gif

Dier began at right back innit
In Dier's first season with us Dier started at RB but was 'training' as CB and stayed away from the U21s in order to concentrate on CB. In Poch's 2nd season as manager Dier was put at DM. and IIRC their time with is is the same, no?

Back
Top Bottom