Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ you spout some absolute drive!

Who built the stadium?

75% of the league don't win trophies (even LIverpool have just gone 10 years without a trophy!). What's more most of the fuckers barely muster up a decent cup run through fear of not making the magic 40 point mark.

The Sugar era left us in the shit hole that Levy has been trying to drag us out of ever since he arrived.

If "Team selection cost us the game" then why even bother us with your ill-informed Levy ranting?

Idiot.
Champions League? That not a prize, you cunt

I'll name 5.
Left back, Right back, Central defence considering Jan and Toby are playing out contracts. Midfield, and up front considering Kane has had no real competition for years.
You could arguably add the goalkeeping position to that scenario as we're fucked without Hugo too.

:dembelelol:

Gimme 5 players for each position, damn-it!. :angryscouser:

...And pay them all 250kpw whilst yer at it.

[email protected]

Aurier got better second half but both himself and Rose were massive issues today. when we were using the FBs to stretch the game then they need to be quick. These two tody slowed everything down allowing the Watford double block of four to get back behind the ball and crowd us out.

Not only were Danny and Serge slow thinkers, they play the ball at a walking pace, but they both physically slow too.

Winks wants too much time on the ball, The Belgian CBs have regressed years. I think I'd honestly trade them to have Dunk and Duffy.

Sissoko and Ndombele don't hold onto the ball well enough, like Winks, often turning into trouble.

the biggest prob was we just didn't get the ball to Son/Lucas enough to use the pace and trickery they have to run at the Watford defence!

Alli, I thought was pretty good, a few lovely little passes, took his goal well. I hear people giving out about his flicks and tricks etc but tbh at least he's trying something, okay it doesn't always come off but it's creative and honestly I rather see him try something tricky than watch 3/4 mins of us passing it left to right and then back across to not even muster a shot at the end!

I hate how much I love this club, I hate how much bad performances affect my mood and ruin my weekend. Tottenham are killing me these days and I feel awful for it.

True, but at the crucial time we had two transfer windows to start to rectify that. To refresh, rejuvenate. Challenge those who saw themselves as undroppable.

A significant number of regulars here (including some who are shitting the bed the most now) were totally down with that approach. Those who weren't were vilified as being "new fan types", "Sky transfer window fans" and the like. Not a single one of the former group has ever suggested that they may have been wrong, even slightly.

Others, sometimes the same, overly hyped our yootdem, seemingly oblivious to the fact that (a) they hadn't challenged for the top spots in their leagues for a couple of seasons and (b) those that were out on loan, to piss-poor teams in the main, were struggling to get a start. Both those two facts are very evident this season too.
We feared the worse, & it is now happening. To be fair, I thought it would have happened a bit sooner, BUT it was always going to catch up with us eventually.

I’m drinking. Heavily. Was pissed before I got home. Now I’m on the Guinness. I don’t even drink fucking Guinness. Please don’t give me another ‘90s’ year or another Sherwood year. I’ve had a ST since 1996. Please spare me Lord. I can’t take it any more. Was last season a sick torment of a dream? CL Final? Fucking joke. Shambles all round. Big stupid stadium of corporate misery. Fuck off.

A massive opportunity was squandered last summer.
I think it'll take around 4-5 years to recover lost ground.
With or without Poch.
... and the summer before, and even the one before that.

If we had the purchased 2/3 players every window, we'd have somewhere in the region of 6-9 players challenging for places. Even with our poor record in signings, 2 or 3 would be regulars (and delivering) in the team today.

Not cutting the deadwood out year after year has resulted in our being teleported back to the end of the AVB era.

Kane, Dele and Eriksen fell into the manager's lap. Eriksen's off, Dele was passably today and heaven knows what will happen if Kane picks up another ankle knock.

Years to recover from this.

Last edited:
We ain't out of touch. Towards the end it was more of the "old" Spurs.
We need GLC back or Eriksen "back."
I would have loved all those corners today to have been taken by Trippier.

I doubt it but you are right, a long way to go yet. But even if we scrape 4th, massive overhaul needed. Spend in january & big in the summer & have a rebuild even if this & next season are just transitional.

We started with 7 defensive players against fucking Watford.

Five at the back. Winks passing the ball sideways and Sissoko running in straight lines towards the nearest bright light.

And we still fucking conceded in the first ten.

I cannot get over how bad we are.

We started with 7 defensive players against fucking Watford.

Five at the back. Winks passing the ball sideways and Sissoko running in straight lines towards the nearest bright light.

And we still fucking conceded in the first ten.

I cannot get over how bad we are.

It was obvious once the line-up was announced we were not winning.

I came so, so close to my Watford to win bet paying off. 8/1. Crazy odds considering how shit we are. Have the bookies not been watching us or something?

Back
Top Bottom