Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My favourite season ever was when we went down to the Second Division. It was fantastic.

Yep beating Hull on a wet Wednesday night to get promotion! My mate a Spurs fan's dad was ref that night!!

ps we were almost Spursy in those days, 3 games to go and we lost at home to Sunderland, had a lucky win with a last minute handball goal by Mr Perryman thanks to ref from Deal, Mike Taylor then scraped a 0-0 at Saints.

Last edited:
Yep beating Hull on a wet Wednesday night to get promotion! My mate a Spurs fan's dad was ref that night!!

ps we were almost Spursy in those days, 3 games to go and we lost at home to Sunderland, had a lucky win with a last minute handball goal by Mr Perryman thanks to ref from Deal, Mike Taylor then scraped a 0-0 at Saints.
A result I remember that suited both Saints and Spurs 😉

I was in the lower West stand that night with three school mates. Right at the end one of them started singing 'blow the fucking whistle'. Then the rest of us sang it. Then within seconds the whole crowd was singing it, putting a fuck ton of pressure on your mate's dad to blow his whistle.

I was in the lower West stand that night with three school mates. Right at the end one of them started singing 'blow the fucking whistle'. Then the rest of us sang it. Then within seconds the whole crowd was singing it, putting a fuck ton of pressure on your mate's dad to blow his whistle.
I was in front of the shelf, the relief at the final whistle was palatable!

At one point in the Brighton game I thought, 'maybe this isn't the worst thing if we go back to being shit, then we will like some shit team like Burnley and it will feel fucking great'.

Bump

Football is a chore now more than ever, it’s on every day and not enjoyable at all, on a Carragher podcast the other week he even said watching Liverpool win the league was stressful and didn’t enjoy any of the games

We could still end up with 3 trophies who knows, but if we end up with League cup or FA cup so what, we have been making fun of Woolwich for doing that for a decade, so have already snookered ourselves there

I like Mourinho but the football is turgid, I liked Poch too (is that allowed) the problem is as I have always said, the players. The standard is terrible across the board in the league, nobody wants to win it. The worst Man U side in 30 years are as good as anyone. Where are the stars there were in 90s, De Bruyne with as much charisma as a cardboard box? Awful

The league was there for the taking, every side has thrown away a stupid amount of points in their empty stadiums, with no smiles on faces or inspiring performances, who has been player of the year so far?

We can argue about Dele all day long, but what’s the point? He will come in and either score a couple then disappoint or disappoint, I once saw a documentary on Amazon that showed what happened when he came in to save us when Kane and Son out/off form, he was useless, he needs a new challenge as he epitomizes the league and its players right now

So sit back everyone and enjoy maybe 300 mins of good football this season, I can’t wait for the cricket, winners, legends in an England side taking on India, not the bunch of losers we have in the football team, night and day

COYS

Watch some games but nothing exciting in them and the results are now shit as well. Mourinho ain’t winning the league with us and offers only crap football.

Id happily take Redknapp of 10 years ago back instead especially with this squad.

I must be a stupid optimist, I will criticise the team and the manager but every game I go into with the expectation (not just hope, but expectation) that this time we’ll do great....
I’m especially excited about the game tonight. I know, hopeless case.

A day at the football is a key part of the experience for me.

Even if the results are shit its a good catch up and a few beers.

Without that we have to rely on Spurs to provide the joy which is a horrendous state of affairs!

Back
Top Bottom