Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree entirely - but I don’t think the tactics let him! Always horrifies me when Toby / Jan (and especially Sanchez) start trying to dribble out and then turn back and pass to him under pressure.
At times I think do the players not see what us fans see that Lloris is poor with his feet and should never be given the ball when an opposition player is close. Just get rid and never give it back to him unless Lloris is free.

It is not just Lloris but all footballers that go down and apparently in agony and most are running around fine a few minutes later. Another massive mistake but we cannot forget that when Bale left and we brought in 7 players that was a disaster. We simply cannot replace everyone and Eriksen and Toby are definate leavers andWanyama and Aurier should be. Rose is also likely to leave. Not sure we can cope with any more.

Yeah, he would because it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was made out to be, that's the truth, maybe you should check what I said in the matchday thread before you spout more of your bollocks off again about me, here's what I said.

"Hope Hugo is ok, genuinely do but let's not let that distract us from the fact that Brighton haven't scored in 5 games and it has taken them less than 3 mins to score against us. Utterly fucking pathetic. Get well soon Hugo. "

I wasn't blaming Hugo for the goal there btw either, I was blaming the entire team for the piss poor defending, I genuinely thought Hugo was badly injured.

Had nothing to do with his blunder whatsoever but in retrospect now, it does because I think he lacked the courage to walk off BECAUSE of his blunder.

I wasn't mocking his injury either, so again, stop spouting bollocks, I have even said, in this very thread, I hope he gets better soon and don't want him injured, I simply said I think it was weak the way he dealt with it, that's not me acting "cuntish" that's me telling what I believe is the truth, you just don't like it because you approach everything with this undying cult like loyalty and think it's some sort of blasphemy to dare speak ill of anything our players, manager or chairman does (especially the chairman.)

I am not lashing out about the blunder, I couldn't give a fuck about the blunder, we lost the game regardless didn't we and I am not professing to be a "tough guy" either.

As far as you calling me a "melt" over the summer, you mean the one day I got pissed off because someone told me to kill myself? The same thing you refused to condemn? Is that what we are talking about?

Because from where I was sitting mate, YOU were the one complaining in every single thread because people wouldn't agree with you about Levy and our spending, you were the one constantly having meltdowns calling people names and spitting your dummy out, saying how people were fickle supporters because they wanted us to buy a RB, calling everyone negative and melts because they didn't agree with your world view.

I only got pissed off about another poster telling me to kill myself because I don't think it's appropriate, in the same way I didn't think you saying retarded was appropriate either but you know, by all means, keep telling your little forum lies.

Christ you spout some shit.....

You've been banging on about how you've had far worse etc. etc.

Evidently I wasn't the only one that picked up on this.

As for your summer denial.... You're a whining bitch. Laterz.

Hugo is supposed to be the captain, the leader, fearless, the guy who stays with the ship when it's sinking or at least shows to the other players that when something bad happens you keep fighting and refuse to give up or hold your head up with pride, it seems to me he suffered an injury but the pain of knowing he fucked up again was the most unbearable part for him, hence why he took the cowards way out.

Now I am not saying he could have stayed on the pitch but come on now...

skysports-tottenham-brighton-4795841.png

All that for a dislocated elbow for fuck sake, are you kidding me? Lower pain threshold? My 7 year old would deal with pain better than that, like I said before, this is supposed to be the leader of the team, look at the difference between how him and Kane reacted when injured.

Yeah, this is how Captains behave when injured.....

h_00242436.jpg

He broke his leg but got strechered off, what a fucking pussy!

h_00243897.jpg

He didn't even try to walk himself into the back of the ambulance, coward!

tottenham-hotspur-winghalf-dave-mackay-is-lifted-into-an-ambulance-at-picture-id146291518

Going off on a stretcher, with oxygen for a fucking dislocated elbow, sums up the mentality of the team, WEAK.

Captain my fucking arse, what a pussy, sick of these flakey players with these flakey mentalities, behaving like babies not doing their jobs properly when they get paid an absolute fortune to kick a fucking bag of air.

It's pathetic honestly.

You're a fucking muppet.

I'm going to skin you alive in front of your pig-ignorant family, and watch you squeal, piggy.

Was listening to David Preece at the weekend, he was saying it wasn't an error, it was a miss-hit cross, which will catch out many a keeper (see it every year Kane against Everton, Aurier's attempted cross etc), especially as the expected starting position for any keeper would NOT be to be standing on your line, he was saying Lloris was in the ideal position prior to the ball being miss-hit and that he did well to get to it and stop himself carrying it over the line. "Sometimes it’s just about keeping it. Tough one for him".

I like Lloris but he's been in patchy form for a while now. I think this is a reasonable opportunity to phase him out.
Regardless of the injury he's still fucked up beforehand. He's fucked up even worse v Southampton and was lucky we held on (accepting he made a couple of good saves). His kicking is getting worse, offers nothing in that department.
He's our captain but doesn't instil confidence or determination.
He deserves respect but is another that is in danger of shitting all over their legacy.

Was listening to David Preece at the weekend, he was saying it wasn't an error, it was a miss-hit cross, which will catch out many a keeper (see it every year Kane against Everton, Aurier's attempted cross etc), especially as the expected starting position for any keeper would NOT be to be standing on your line, he was saying Lloris was in the ideal position prior to the ball being miss-hit and that he did well to get to it and stop himself carrying it over the line. "Sometimes it’s just about keeping it. Tough one for him".
David Preece is wrong. Of course it was an error to add to his countless other errors.

He needs replacing but at the end of the season.

David Preece is wrong. Of course it was an error to add to his countless other errors.

He needs replacing but at the end of the season.
When it comes to Goal Keepers I listen to him and what he has to say. Outfield players no fuck all about how to play in goal, positioning etc on account that he was a 'keeper I think he knows more than most gobby shite ex-pros.

There aren't any/enough ex-keepers that comment in the game which is why it's important to listen and learn from them. He thinks you are wrong, given your relative backgrounds on the subject matter excuse me for siding with an infinitely more qualified option.

When it comes to Goal Keepers I listen to him and what he has to say. Outfield players no fuck all about how to play in goal, positioning etc on account that he was a 'keeper I think he knows more than most gobby shite ex-pros.

There aren't any/enough ex-keepers that comment in the game which is why it's important to listen and learn from them. He thinks you are wrong, given your relative backgrounds on the subject matter excuse me for siding with an infinitely more qualified option.
Honestly mate you would side with anyone that goes with your opinion is at the time and it's been proven time and time again.

What did your eyes tell you? That he misjudged the flight of the ball and decided to cushion it down and control it rather then put it over the bar for a corner? If not that then please explain what you saw?

Oh the ex professional says this so that's what it is. Give me a break.

That strikes me as utter nonsense by Preece, the 1-0 was for 90 percent on Hugo and I'm sure he will be the first to admit it.

You can be sure that for example Van der Sar would've caught such a ball 999 out of 1000 times.

Last edited:
Honestly mate you would side with anyone that goes with your opinion is at the time and it's been proven time and time again.

What did your eyes tell you? That he misjudged the flight of the ball and decided to cushion it down and control it rather then put it over the bar for a corner? If not that then please explain what you saw?

Oh the ex professional says this so that's what it is. Give me a break.
I have posted ZERO opinion on it and my post shows this to be the case! This is because I'm not nor have I ever been a 'keeper (I've gone in goal twice in my life and it was fucking horrendous as I didn't have a fucking clue what I was doing, when to come out, when to stay on my line, if I should save with my feet, catch it or kick it). It's why when it comes to 'Keepers unless you are a 'keeper you know absolutely fuck all, this is the same when listening to the pundits. It's why Preece is great because he contradicts most of what the pundits (outfield players) say then gives a very reasoned response from the 'Keeper point of view, he's not afraid to say when a 'keeper (including Lloris has fucked up too).

Why do you think every team has on its backroom staff a goalkeeping coach? Why doesn't Klopp, Pep or Poch coach the 'Keepers?

Just a thought.

I have posted ZERO opinion on it and my post shows this to be the case! This is because I'm not nor have I ever been a 'keeper (I've gone in goal twice in my life and it was fucking horrendous as I didn't have a fucking clue what I was doing, when to come out, when to stay on my line, if I should save with my feet, catch it or kick it). It's why when it comes to 'Keepers unless you are a 'keeper you know absolutely fuck all, this is the same when listening to the pundits. It's why Preece is great because he contradicts most of what the pundits (outfield players) say then gives a very reasoned response from the 'Keeper point of view, he's not afraid to say when a 'keeper (including Lloris has fucked up too).

Why do you think every team has on its backroom staff a goalkeeping coach? Why doesn't Klopp, Pep or Poch coach the 'Keepers?

Just a thought.
Most teams also have an attacking coach...a defensive coach etc etc.

Ok so just to clarify....you have zero opinion because you was never a goalkeeper?

Most teams also have an attacking coach...a defensive coach etc etc.

Ok so just to clarify....you have zero opinion because you was never a goalkeeper?
Who is our attacking & defensive coach? Who is Liverpool's attacking & defensive coach? Who is City's attacking & defensive coach? I can name every single one of their Goal Keeping coaches though! Maybe, just maybe that's because all of them weren't 'keepers.

In this case, I've made no opinion because I know fuck all about goalkeeping, as I said I didn't have a fucking clue on the couple of times I played there (I'd assume Kane would take the same stance when in 20yrs time he's the resident pundit on MOTD and he can speak from experience rather than complete and utter ignorance).

Oh I completely buy that the best he could have done is awkwardly knock it out for a corner....but he needed to awkwardly knock it out for a corner.

His problem was that he thought he had space to catch it and stop himself, but he quickly realized he couldn't without falling back into the net with the ball, and then...

Yeah, this is how Captains behave when injured.....

h_00242436.jpg

He broke his leg but got strechered off, what a fucking pussy!

h_00243897.jpg

He didn't even try to walk himself into the back of the ambulance, coward!

tottenham-hotspur-winghalf-dave-mackay-is-lifted-into-an-ambulance-at-picture-id146291518

That's a ridiculous argument, he broke his fucking leg, he didn't dislocate his elbow, nobody said that Lloris should have continued on and at the time people thought it was a genuinely serious injury so they understood why he was on a stretcher.

If Lloris doesn't have the sack to walk off the pitch after he dislocates his elbow, I don't want him as my captain, sorry if that offends you mate, seems like a lot of projection in here from people who are just as soft and they are getting upset about it.

Who is our attacking & defensive coach? Who is Liverpool's attacking & defensive coach? Who is City's attacking & defensive coach? I can name every single one of their Goal Keeping coaches though! Maybe, just maybe that's because all of them weren't 'keepers.

In this case, I've made no opinion because I know fuck all about goalkeeping, as I said I didn't have a fucking clue on the couple of times I played there (I'd assume Kane would take the same stance when in 20yrs time he's the resident pundit on MOTD and he can speak from experience rather than complete and utter ignorance).
Not sure who is their designated defensive/attacking coach but it's common sense they have a coach that focuses more on the defensive side and one that focuses more on the attacking side. I somehow doubt John Terry is telling Wesley how to go around a keeper in a 1 on 1 situation.

So going by what you've said....you have no opinion as to whether or not Lloris was to blame the week before with the Danny Ings goal against Southampton?

That's a ridiculous argument, he broke his fucking leg, he didn't dislocate his elbow, nobody said that Lloris should have continued on and at the time people thought it was a genuinely serious injury so they understood why he was on a stretcher.

If Lloris doesn't have the sack to walk off the pitch after he dislocates his elbow, I don't want him as my captain, sorry if that offends you mate, seems like a lot of projection in here from people who are just as soft and they are getting upset about it.
It doesn't offend me mate. It just makes you look totally stupid.

You do realise he didn't call for a stretcher like ordering a bag of peanuts! This is the assessment of the medical team and there were many of them there in attendance, sounds to me like you should be venting towards them, the ones who have the responsibility of the players' welfare in their hands.

Back
Top Bottom