Has anyone else had enough?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s just send for Bruce Wayne then pronto.
38vafy.jpg

I think this thread sums up this season.

For everyone.

I reckon even Levy is fucked off with football. He’s realised he enjoyed building the stadium more than overseeing a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

If he can get the stadium profitable off e sports, conferences, concerts, boxing and American football then we could play in the Championship and not have to worry about all the footballers asking for millions.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The future home of anything but premiership football.

(Also can you stand at NFL games??)

I love Tottenham. I always go into the new season with renewed hope even though I know deep in my heart it will peter out as always.

For me football has always been about the whole day out and from that perspective I still enjoy it. Meeting old mates and making new ones. A few beers and a lot of laughs.

If football is only about the winning for a particular individual it is probably not the right sport or right team for them.

A few points that resonate from my original post!

A tip.....

Avoid Twitter and FB. And TV pundits. I find football MUCH more tolerable without them.

Couldn’t agree more. Twatter is the single most reason as to why modern day football is ruined.
Silly little keyboard kids spending all day acting tough and craving attention.. oooh look at me I’m a proper Woolwich fan because I make little Gifs about spurs please press like.. 90% of them have never been anywhere near their clubs ground.
To make matters worse our so called professional pundits copy what these kids say, using terms like Spursy or bottlers. The only interaction with opposition fans used to be before, during and after the game. Now its all about who can post pretty pictures the quickest.
The majority of them have no clue at just how pathetic they make themselves look and it’s pretty much all they have in their pathetic little lives.

What I’d give to go back to the football experience of the 80’s and 90’s.

The only stuff I see on social media is what's posted on here, that's more than enough for me.
Don't need salt rubbing into the wounds, thanks very much.
I know I'm going to sound like a grumpy old woman (but hey, if the cap fits!), but I really don't get why people put up with and complain about cyber bullying, just switch it off, easy to avoid!

Couldn’t agree more. Twatter is the single most reason as to why modern day football is ruined.
Silly little keyboard kids spending all day acting tough and craving attention.. oooh look at me I’m a proper Woolwich fan because I make little Gifs about spurs please press like.. 90% of them have never been anywhere near their clubs ground.
To make matters worse our so called professional pundits copy what these kids say, using terms like Spurs or bottlers. The only interaction with opposition fans used to be before, during and after the game. Now its all about who can post pretty pictures the quickest.
The majority of them have no clue at just how pathetic they make themselves look and it’s pretty much all they have in their pathetic little lives.

What I’d give to go back to the football experience of the 80’s and 90’s.

Totally agree. Although I would also include the 70s.

I was telling my (younger) mates yesterday that although my lot used to go home and away we basically never talked about football between 5pm on a Saturday after the previous game had ended and the following Saturday morning before the next game.

We would basically make plans to meet at the usual time for home games or where we needed to be for an away game. And that was it.

We weren't subjected to football 24/7. And it was far more enjoyable.

I was telling my (younger) mates yesterday that although my lot used to go home and away we basically never talked about football between 5pm on a Saturday after the previous game had ended and the following Saturday morning before the next game.

We would basically make plans to meet at the usual time for home games or where we needed to be for an away game. And that was it.

Couldn't agree more, I love talking about Tottenham as much as the next supporter, but even I have my fill.

Thats why the FA cup was so brilliant, because it was the only televised game and EVERYBODY watched it, it was special.

Thats why the FA cup was so brilliant, because it was the only televised game and EVERYBODY watched it, it was special.

FA Cup final day was brilliant.

I watched it every year from about 1970 to around the early 1990s without fail. I genuinely cannot recall the last time I watched it. Haven't watched a League cup final since ours in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom