Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No it is actually totally opposite situation.
You are saying that we should stick with Poch is metaphore for a donkey, or stagnation to put it differently. When first cars came around there were certainly guys who were all like "oh, come on. we have old reliable solution right here. do you know that you can badly fail with your new fancy ass solution. come on does that automobile thing even make sense? how do you control it?!? it sounds so risky, let's just stick with the current option, shall we?!?"

this "sought after" manager bit is very much open. We can assess this when he leaves the club. I don't believe that any of the big clubs would come after him. He is tactically immature - he has one plan - be very fit, outrun the opposition, dominate posession, play high line, win ball high upfield. If that does not work, he is out of alternatives. Plus he is maddly stubborn.

I would be totally willing to make a bet, if that wasnt for
1) too long of a timeline to remember
2) against ppl who I've never actually met
that Poch, unless a domestically dominant club such as PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern, Ajax, Celtic, Juventus would give him a go, he will never win silverware as a manager.

P.S you are totally ignoring the fact that Poch himself threatened to leave if he wins something.
I mean you don't build a team according to manager wishes for long term if manager says such things. We put up significant amount into players this summer, what if we do it in next 2 windows as well, and then he just f**cs off, and new coach does not rate those players that were brought?
So he has a preferred method of playing the game, and that differs from every manager in the world - how?

As to tactical inflexibility, he has played a back three and a back 4. He has put out 433 and 442 and this diamond formation that has been fluid depending on who has been in the line up.
He has even changed formations mid game.

How does that make him inflexible?

The drop in performance of Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, Rose and Eriksen in that time, the change in formation that doesn't suit players and of course injuries have all played a major factor.

Last night after a few minutes I looked at that Bayern attack and thought "Shit, if we play a high line, we're fucked". Jan and Toby have now become two of the slowest centre halves in the league and their inability to form a partnership like they once had is cause for alarm. Serge, who the fuck knows what you are going to get from him, mainly disappointment.

There are many, many things wrong with both the players and the manager at the minute, many are simple fixes like stop passing the ball around the box so much, close down the area 25 yards out from goal when we are defending, and stop defending so fucking narrow. But these are either being left unaddressed or the players won't follow instructions.

Poch needs to show us he has the cajones to stay on and fix things, or he needs to get out now.

Simply continuing on our merry way, and we're in danger of being teleported back to the good old days of Gerry Francis and such.
How many t
At 1-1, they WERE good players... even at 1-2 at HT out wasn't the end of the world...
Amazing what 45mins of switching off can do! Which is what GREAT players DON'T do... (at least not collectively!)

We STILL have a GOOD team, with one or two GREAT players... but we don't have a great TEAM.

still, the one positive, at least last night has taken the fear of ever getting tonked at home ever again...
It's done now, it's in the history books for all the wrong reasons. But it's happened, and the plaster is off.

Time to move on, and take out ALL our frustrations on the next poor fucker we come across...

Sorry Brighton.

THIS COCK HAS BEEN SPANKED... YOU'RE GONNA GET IT ALL IN YOUR FACE ON SATURDAY....

Sorry, that last bit was a text meant for someone else!! :pochfacepalm::pochbye:

....aaaaaand SEND!
Don't be too sure.....

The attitude of the English media is absurd. Every day they put something of the City and / United: things like if Pogba brought the dog out or if Guardiola ate vegan. Tottenham speaks only if there are problems. They seem almost happy ....
It doesn’t lighten your demerits but this media attack isn’t correct.
mirror2.jpg

Agree,

Have always tried to remain upbeat, but this loss ( or, more so the capitulation ), in the last 20, has broken my faith in the camp.

TBH, even at 2-4, I held hope for a draw. To then fold the way we did was gut wrenching.
I often wonder just how much the management and the players really care about the fans? So long as enough people come through the gate, Levy is happy but what about the players and the coach(es)?.

Isn’t it mad how much can happen in 90 mins? At 1-1 we had a couple of good chances, Kane taking it round neuer, the Ndombele hit that was saved? We were playing well.

All of a sudden everything changes! We gave up at the end! Bayern took their chances well and all their goals were good! They walked through us!!

Winks really let us down last night, gave the ball away 3/4 times - one of those led to one of Gnabry’s goals but there were others too that put us in real danger and got bailed out by Sissoko etc.
That game is one of the strangest games I've ever watched.

The first 30mins we played the best football for over a year (we've played the odd half really well but not against this level of opponent, which is why I'm saying it was our best period of football for a year or so).

The scoreline (the important part) is a total embarrassment.

But this morning I do not share the doom and gloom so many others do, the only thing that hurts is rival fanbase's and the clickbait media doing what they do. The Colchester game was a worry, the Newcastle game realy fucked me off but looking solely at the performance this game doesn't. I am worried what it might do psychologically though, that is a worry but Bayern genuinely got away with being spanked by us, the difference was Son not scoring his TWO one on ones, Ndombele not scoring his and whilst it would have been a cracker Eriksen not scoring his shot from outside of the box.

If anyone can be bothered to actually read some focused analytical stuff rather than the clickbaite then I urge you all to read this:

I'm by no means suggesting we don't have our issues (not maintaining a high-press, lose a midfield when Ndombele went off, shit fullbacks - Rose was worse than Auier last night) but last night's game isn't the game used to magnify them. The one thing that has worked well for us in the last for seasons is having a manager and team (collective and individual) motivated by proving people wrong, I really hope that all the negative stuff surrounding us in the media right now is fuel to invoke them again.

Impossible to tell, they scored the 1-2 at a perfect moment. Also could've ended in a 4-4 if we somehow would've been 2-1 up at half time.

You simply don't know how Munich would've started the second half if they were 2-1 down and how vulnerable they would've been to counter attacks, their defence isn't that great and gave 4/5 good chances away in the first 35 mins of the game alone.
Does it really matter? We were spanked...the end.

Theyd be the same if we won 7-.2 though.......we are a fucking joke, of course the press will have a field day

True, it is striking but if you had won with a more normal result (1-0?) On the front page they would have put Salah's diet for ramadan, an interview on the colors used by Klopp etc. I say this as an opposing fan so maybe objective: the English press seems to always want to penalize you. Among other things, the race for second place in the group is feasible for you, you have not compromised anything in CL. It is clear, this is a bad indicator on the Spurs environment implemented

Dolphin is a common name of aquatic mammals within the infraorder Cetacea. The term dolphin usually refers to the extant families Delphinidae, Platanistidae, Iniidae, and Pontoporiidae, and the extinct Lipotidae. There are 40 extant species named as dolphins.
I knew they were intelligent but I didn't realise they played football. How about recruiting a RB for the January TW!!!!

Quite right Mrs P. There's certain players that need to train with the kids as punishment and open up spaces for someone who feels proud to pull the shirt on. Maybe we reduce quality on paper but after 9 months of this it can't get any worse.

Send the rotten apples to rub off on our already talent-less youngsters?

They toxic players should be quarantined off far and away from any player that still loves and wants to play for the club

My hope is that this result is the wake-up call everyone at the club needed. It's an awful result, but it's in the group stages and nothing's lost yet. We can still get out of this group, but we need to buck up our ideas. Hopefully the team comes out of this with a desire to make things right, and go on a run.

Wishful thinking, I know, but I've been stewing over this result and now I'm trying to move on to the weekends match.

Back
Top Bottom