Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Against Man Citeh, our first ever CL goal at the new stadium.

He didn't score against Ajax granted but that was because he was suspended.

I knew this (just rhetorical); I just don't see it as being important whatsoever.

Personally I'd drop Eriksen but for Lamela not Lucas. Son and Kane both have to start imo.

I'd pick Lucas AND Son.

Either Lamela or Eriksen to come on according to if we need more grit or more creativity as the game unfolds.

I don't expect us to dominate the ball so pace to counter and industry from 3 in the centre is my preference.

What about that peach of a goal away to Olympiakos?

What about all those crucial away goals though?

No group stages without Lucas. No final without Lucas.

When's the last time Sonny scored a CL goal at home?

Aren't away goals typically deemed harder to come by anyway?

I see little to laugh about.

Ahhhh.... Your true agenda revealed once more. Your "anyone but Son" fanboyism is what's "absurd" if your core interest here is Spurs (rather than Heung Min Son, the individual).

Kane was rested a week ago; not even on the bench for Colchester... Pressumably so he could play against BM.

The comment on Lucas not scoring home goals was more of a joke. Of course Lucas is important but not important enough for Son to be dropped every time Lucas plays. It becomes ever more ridicolous considering that players like Eriksen have probably played more and subbed less than Son. When has Son ever ever caused problems over contracts or showed attitude problems.

Son scored the only home goal against Man City.

I can say the same about people fan boying Kane. Kane was dropped for colchester (which was a meh no meaning game anyway) but has played in every other game including that first champions league games. Also Son has been subbed around the 70th minute almost every time so has had more rest.

It time to realise that tottenham is more than kane and that he does not need to play in every game. Kane is not messi or ronaldo.

I knew this (just rhetorical); I just don't see it as being important whatsoever.

I'd pick Lucas AND Son.

Either Lamela or Eriksen to come on according to if we need more grit or more creativity as the game unfolds.

I don't expect us to dominate the ball so pace to counter and industry from 3 in the centre is my preference.

:roseunsure:

It time to realise that tottenham is more than kane and that he does not need to play in every game. Kane is not messi or ronaldo.
As close as we will ever have, Poch is more than clever enough to realise that Kane should start tonight in a match of this calibre and importance, don't worry about that.

Last edited:
The comment on Lucas not scoring home goals was more of a joke. Of course Lucas is important but not important enough for Son to be dropped every time Lucas plays. It becomes ever more ridicolous considering that players like Eriksen have probably played more and subbed less than Son. When has Son ever ever caused problems over contracts or showed attitude problems.

Son scored the only home goal against Man City.

I can say the same about people fan boying Kane. Kane was dropped for colchester (which was a meh no meaning game anyway) but has played in every other game including that first champions league games. Also Son has been subbed around the 70th minute almost every time so has had more rest.

You can't; that's why you're reaching again. It doesn't matter how un-prestigeous the Colchester game was; it was a rest. You're just getting rattled by the idea that Son won't be on display in a glamour fixture. So much so that you're default is to play him off against a player who plays a different position. For no justifiable reason you'd opt to drop a player that has scored 10 goals in ten games so far this season.

Now you drag Eriksen into it.... There's plenty of reason's why Eriksen has accumulated as much game time as as he has since Son arrived, but I bet you're wrong when comparing his gametime to Son this season.

You don't understand what "fanboy" means.

You talk like Son's form is evergreen. It isn't; far from it.

It's time for YOU to realise that supporting a CLUB is not simply about tooting the horn for your fellow countryman any chance you get.

------------Lloris------------
Sissoko-Toby-Jan-Davies
-Winks-Dier-Ndombele-
--Moura---Kane--Son----

Come on now, gimme a 4-3-3 with a DM plzzzz. We need someone to support the defense and give more freedom to Ndombele, how many times do I have to ask it ?!?

This would give quite some options to pick a strong bench - Gazza, KWP, Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Rose, Skipp, Lamela, Eriksen, Alli

COYS!!!

how can you think having Lucas over Son is a good idea.

Son should definitely be first name in the sheet like Kane

Son is definitely a better player but my gut tells me Lucas could do something special in a game like this. The bloke is monster when it comes to scoring Champions League goals an drew when that happens sometimes you've just got to run with it.

I'd let Lucas off the leash, it's in my waters that we should, especially wi most of our boys slightly leggy after having to run a lot for for an hour after Serge took us down to ten men at the weekend.

Lads, can you remember the early noughties, we couldn't have dreamed of being a fixture in CL football. These are the nights we could only dream of. I think we win 3-1 tonight. Sonny with a brace, kane penalty. Aurier OG :lamelaaghh:
How about Hugo instead of Serge? Just tell him to get rid of it quickly.

I will be surprised if Bayern don’t have Gnabry & Coeman both sprinting at Lloris every time he get the ball after the weekend.

:harrysmile:

Last edited:
Sucks, but it's been that way for years now.... Last season at the old Lane was a bit more tolerant, but if had near misses on a number of occasions in the past. In truth, it's little to do with the new gaff.

Since we've been away peeps seem to have convinced themselves certain sections such as Park Lane were so-called standing areas. They weren't.

Yeah I know.
Used to be a lot less hassle than now though.

Learning to sit, eat my hot dog and then some popcorn, clap politely when we score and then go home. Like the cinema. But colder. With less comfortable seats.

Yeah I know.
Used to be a lot less hassle than now though.

Learning to sit, eat my hot dog and then some popcorn, clap politely when we score and then go home. Like the cinema. But colder. With less comfortable seats.

I get ya....

I'm a tall fucker so always get noticed by stewards too (even though I'm as respectful as poss. to the needs of those behind me).

I usually get to a point when I just give up and stay sat down; only to get royally pissed off by the irony of having to get up and down all the time to accommodate people making a mid-game dash for beers, food and a piss all the fecking time!

Things often seem to be a bit more relaxed for evening games, so hopefully you guys get to stand, shout and be merry as much as poss.

Having a good COYSy night! :tobyarm:

Best team tonight as Bayen are best team in this group. However the best team is one with a few fresh faces as playing with 10 men Saturday would have been tough. I would play Aurier as he seems better in Europe and cannot play Saturday. Not sure Ndombele fit enough for tonight as a starter.
Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Jan, Davies, Winks, Dier, Eriksen, Moura, Kane, Lamela.

Back
Top Bottom