Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They managed to get 12 crosses from open play out of 20 in total from Sissoko’s side.
He made it difficult for them to put in quality crosses. The dangerous ball came in from Danny's side as I remember. They had to cut back and try and wriggle through to get past Sissoko half the time.

Let's just say we saw it differently.

Well apparently he’s two men, so should have been a doddle for him, no?

Look, he was stuck out there in difficult circumstances, no problem saying that, but why fucking bullshit about what actually happened? Why this pathological need to constantly make stuff up about him? It’s fucking puerile.

I rate Eriksen and he was out there too, as a RM, doing a different type of defensive job, but I’m not saying “what a fucking Trojan Eriksen was”, because he wasn’t, he was as bad as Sissoko at closing them down.
I haven’t said he’s a Trojan, just that I thought he played well in the circumstances. I’ve been openly criticising him this season as I don’t think he’s had the best of starts, but he certainly doesn’t deserve criticism for his performance on Saturday

Toby re: MS on Sat:

''He was wonderful..... That's quality, to play in a position that maybe he never played in before and then put in a performance like that. Of course, it helps as a team that everyone was coaching and helping and communicating, so that was important, but massive credit to him.'"

Fuck him; what does he know....? He clearly didn't check the stats. :angryscouser:

Last edited:

What?
I am chalking it down as Poch learning to keep his mouth shut. Had he started talking about Sissoko's new deal it would inevitably have invited questions about new deals for Eriksen, Jan and Toby etc. Questions he doesn't want to answer and possibly cannot give a good answer to.

I am chalking it down as Poch learning to keep his mouth shut. Had he started talking about Sissoko's new deal it would inevitably have invited questions about new deals for Eriksen, Jan and Toby etc. Questions he doesn't want to answer and possibly cannot give a good answer to.

Pochettino distances himself from media scumbags because they're "filthy, conniving wankers".

But he didn’t keep his mouth shut, did he? I read it as “as I said before, I’m only a coach, not the manager”.

Keeping his mouth shut would have been wrong too, but a simple “he’s done well and deserves a new deal” would have been just fine. What he said just opened himself up to twats like me reading into what he said.

Sissoko questions Pochettino's tactics following Bayern loss

So, Sissoko supporting my repeated position, the players are fatigued (how can everyone else not see it, I don't know, we exude it, to my eyes).

"The players suffer in training, so they don't on the pitch" What a flaming loon...

Slice it whichever way you want, deep down we all know he has run the older (longer serving) players into the ground, adding more, to a level that now even the new players aren't "Animals" like the Watford manager said of us season 2 under Poch (?).

Einstein, over and over, insanity...

Quick shoutout to a player who is reliable this season, who puts in a shift, who covers up any position if needed and who started every PL game so far. Now, his performances may not always be amazing, but there are bits of play where he gets the ball and shruggs of a player, creating some space and finding the forward pass. In this current squad of injured and low performing players, it's nice to see Sissoko doing well for us after a tough start at our club.

Back
Top Bottom