Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mid 70's? Lol that's a fantasy, sorry mate but no way.

If we recover our form straight away and start performing like we have been we'll finish on 65-70.

The point still stands; no need to quibble over a rough estimate. 65-70 has been enough for top 4 plenty of times.

The point still stands; no need to quibble over a rough estimate. 65-70 has been enough for top 4 plenty of times.
I know and I don't think it's a numerical impossibility by any means but it's not as if we're having a normal few months and we will undoubtedly bounce back in a fortnight... I see no signs of improvement and we've gotten worse and worse for months now...

Kane can not play literally every game
Remember last year when Kane was played against a tractor team in the cup and was out for months?
Kane picked up his bad injury v City.
I am pretty sure Harry would rather come on as a sub and maybe score a goal or two than train every day this week. Bad decision not to have him on the bench.

Kane picked up his bad injury v City.
I am pretty sure Harry would rather come on as a sub and maybe score a goal or two than train every day this week. Bad decision not to have him on the bench.
Our rivals weren't playing Aguero, Aubameyang et al tonight though so it would handicap us in the league and we can't risk out only striker against a division 4 team

If we do make top 4, it will be because 2 out of chelsea, Woolwich & United under perform like last season.

....And similarly we'd have not performed as bad as them; thus making us what?

4th best over 38 games. :freundgoal:

I mean I get your point about the remaining fixtures and the gap to top 4 I just think in context, top 4 is less likely than for many years considering how poor we actually are right now.

Really only 10 % on Poch sacked though?
I mean if we don’t improve our form we’re fucked.

But we’re the third most talented team in the league, I don’t even think that is really debatable. It’s all about tactics and putting in a string of performances where we look like we give a shit.

Eriksen needs to wake up or ride the bench. Dele needs to get and stay fit and play further up the pitch. Kane needs to be aggressive and, frankly, a bit more selfish. Jan needs to be sharper. We need Ndombele and Lo Celso to get integrated. It may seem like a lot but that’s all going to work itself out over the next few weeks.

And yes, and 10% may be high to be honest. All this start to the season does in my view is shift a bit more power back to Levy and away from Poch. I just don’t think anyone wants this relationship to end at this point,
Poch or Levy. It’s terrible for both of them, and ultimately it falls under their purview.

Our rivals weren't playing Aguero, Aubameyang et al tonight though so it would handicap us in the league and we can't risk out only striker against a division 4 team
They are footballers not glass statues. City and Woolwich are not on a losing streak.
Would have been a big boost to win tonight.
12 losses in our last 17 away games.

Last edited:
So this is all YOUR fault.
giphy.gif

How can it be my fault I haven’t even got back yet!

I am convinced we can get a point on Saturday

BELIEVE

Eriksen missed all 3 pens in Aug and Sept. This guy is supposed to be world class player. Miss one pen is ok miss two I forgive you miss three shame on you

Well I think there's plenty of blame AND credit to go around... neither is completely at fault or responsible for our recent success and failure.

Agreed.

I think Poch has lost belief in himself and the squad but Levy is equally responsible for the lack of investment in the squad over the past 24 months.

Sad it had to end like this

Shame... You were doing so well being balanced... Then enter hyperbole.

Poch knows we cannot keep competing for all competitions every year. We don't have the depth and if certain players get injured we have a big problem. He needs to rotate and maybe abandon the less important trophy. His eyes are on the big one after last year final. We have the know how as a team to go all the way(like Liverpool had against us) and the coach knows that its a big opportunity.

Fed up beyond words, but can't say we deserved to go through, that was a pretty poor show.

We need to bounce back on Saturday, otherwise Bayern Munich game is going to be a blood bath.

Not much else to say, but work is going to be fun tomorrow - NOT!

Once it got to the penalty shoot-out I was pretty certain we were going out. Just had no confidence whatsoever that they could out-score Colchester in a shoot-out. Colchester. I didn't believe we could beat Colchester. Of League 2. Five of our first-team lining up to take penalties against a League 2 team looked absurd, and to then actually lose is one of the poorest things I've seen a Spurs side do.

Things are rough at the mo.

I still want the stability of a long time manager but Pochettino has made some big mistakes from the outside looking in, which I have stated time and time again.

The pr!cks that go on about some posters being smug forget the loyalty we have purely for THFC.

The reason Pochettinp has and will continue to have some grace (I think) is because he declined offers from United and Madrid. He deservrs longer but it's only the sh!t of Chelsea and United that are buying him that at present.

If he gets to January I expect him to be backed, to cull and to sign. If not then it will be a sad day but then I think we will give another manager of substance and loyalty a chance.

That is likely to mean no Mourinho, no Allegri and no Ancelotti, because for each of them it is short term glory at their age.

Pochettino can maybe still turn it round although this is now heart over head talking.

2 of the BIGGEST GAMES of his managerial Spurs career coming up. Infinitely bigger than a Champions League final, which if we had won would render all this academic.

I don't think any of the posters who wanted more last season have displayed the arrogance that the club did in not buying last season, which has undoubtedly led to a situation only a few of us were willing to say was coming.

And again tonight the worst of it is that nearly to a man we knew we would lose once we got to 75 mins.

Back
Top Bottom