Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Point is that despite minor tweaks or preferences (Lamela, Davies) we actually have a beautifully balanced squad with sufficient scope for rotation and adaptation to our oppo should we see fit.

....The fact that we've (Poch) been trying to force this diamond upon ourselves for so long is really fucking infuriating.
Yep, the 4-3-3 seems so natural.

Yea, it's weird.

That said, I think Skipp has the potential to far exceed him so would rather put faith in him.

Dier's true value is that he can cover RB, CB and DM.

It may be that Dier has wanted out for years. Kyle Walker revealed he's had his heart set on United for a long time.

I think Dier is just not at the physical level required, he still needs time to work on his fitness. It's been almost a year that he's had a consistent, bizarre combination of illnesses and injuries, only at the start of the summer did he have an operation on a mysterious "issue" that was detected during medical tests on the first day of preseason. It was very strange how little the club said about that so perhaps it was something potentially serious.

If it isn't fitness issues keeping him out I find it strange how he went from Poch's most trusted player, starting virtually every game, to a complete non-entity in the space of half a season.

Right now, I'd like to see us line up without Kane. He is clearly our best player but it seems we cannot provide him service and it is slowing down our attack.

Winks - Ndombele
Eriksen or Alli
Lamela - Son - Moura​

Right now, I'd like to see us line up without Kane. He is clearly our best player but it seems we cannot provide him service and it is slowing down our attack.

Winks - Ndombele
Eriksen or Alli
Lamela - Son - Moura​
It’s in Kane’s contract to play every game though , plus he offers much more than just a striker, he is awesome defending set pieces and he passes how Erisken used to

On simply merit at the moment Kane has to play, still scoring goals and getting other players involved. Dropping him would be nuts. However, if hes having a bad game or the game doesnt suit him then he should be subbable, which Poch never does.

I think Dier is just not at the physical level required, he still needs time to work on his fitness. It's been almost a year that he's had a consistent, bizarre combination of illnesses and injuries, only at the start of the summer did he have an operation on a mysterious "issue" that was detected during medical tests on the first day of preseason. It was very strange how little the club said about that so perhaps it was something potentially serious.

If it isn't fitness issues keeping him out I find it strange how he went from Poch's most trusted player, starting virtually every game, to a complete non-entity in the space of half a season.

Agreed.

Any yet on Saturday, Wanyama gets wheeled on instead!

Some of these managerial decisions defy a rational explanation!

Winks - Ndombele
Eriksen or Alli
Lamela - Son - Moura​

He scored Saturday!

Football's a simple game. You score more than your opponents...

We should be looking at the defence (including the keeper) and the screening the defence should have. Ndombele strolls around catching his breath!

He scored Saturday!

Football's a simple game. You score more than your opponents...

We should be looking at the defence (including the keeper) and the screening the defence should have. Ndombele strolls around catching his breath!
Agreed.

Screening of the defence was good until sissoko went off and we went to diamond.

They didn't look like scoring up until that point

Winks - Ndombele
Eriksen or Alli
Lamela - Son - Moura​
It's hard supplying your striker with service when he's 20 metres inside his own half though.

And as I said in another post..as the saying goes....what does 'familiarity' breed ??..... contempt. Would certainly explain Eriksen's current performances.
There's only one way to combat this not very exciting start to the season....as my old tutor at University would say when I handed in indifferent work......
ac deinceps exortis et superiora loca

Back
Top Bottom