Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you mean by that?
Yank term to describe a player whose perceived status/ability/value/import is beyond that of the team. Thus, shit performances are blamed on the coach not getting the best out of them. Magic Johnson (IDK if you know who that is) is the archetypal prick here but LeBron James is the current prickmaster. But these are examples of actually legendarily good players...though i believe both are overrated shitbags.

There are other less able/consistent players that pop up too. The fans think these players are better than they are because they put up big numbers when they can be arsed or conditions are favorable, their highs are high but their averages are on the left side of the bell curve and their variance is high. Think Lukaku scoring Lukaku goals ie the 3rd or 4th in a 4-0 drubbing.

A crucial variable in all of this is temperament. Luckily none of our players (sans Rose) have shown the typical behavior associated with this. But folks are playing mental gymnastics to explain Dele's fall from grace when the answer is he was just never that good. But the fingers always end up pointing back to the coach.

The one good thing about today is that it showed that Harry Kane can still actually sprint.
OMFG I was so happy to actually see his fat arse move. He pressed and harried (pardon the pun) the oppo like it was old times and was rewarded. But we still will not see the Harry of 'old' until we get more control of the game in the MF.

Yank term to describe a player whose perceived status/ability/value/import is beyond that of the team. Thus, shit performances are blamed on the coach not getting the best out of them. Magic Johnson (IDK if you know who that is) is the archetypal prick here but LeBron James is the current prickmaster. But these are examples of actually legendarily good players...though i believe both are overrated shitbags.

There are other less able/consistent players that pop up too. The fans think these players are better than they are because they put up big numbers when they can be arsed or conditions are favorable, their highs are high but their averages are on the left side of the bell curve and their variance is high. Think Lukaku scoring Lukaku goals ie the 3rd or 4th in a 4-0 drubbing.

A crucial variable in all of this is temperament. Luckily none of our players (sans Rose) have shown the typical behavior associated with this. But folks are playing mental gymnastics to explain Dele's fall from grace when the answer is he was just never that good. But the fingers always end up pointing back to the coach.

OMFG I was so happy to actually see his fat arse move. He pressed and harried (pardon the pun) the oppo like it was old times and was rewarded. But we still will not see the Harry of 'old' until we get more control of the game in the MF.
I don't understand most of this...

I don't understand most of this...
Ok. Would you like clarification or does that statement and all of its implications stand on its own? Were all the 'Muricanisms in there throwing you off? Think Chelsea and their 'rats' with Mourinho. Or how they did AVB. It's a player power situation.

Athletes with the 'Coach Killer' Reputation

It seems to happen a lot in the NBA because the teams are small and star players have huge influence. But the makings of it are in the PL too. Just think of people/pundits saying "X coach is not getting the best out of Y player". You could argue 'downing tools' is similar but in a coach killer situation it is less passive-aggressive ie a player giving the 'me or him' ultimatum to management. In the NBA that coach will be gone.

Dear oh dear, I don’t want to go into extreme detail as to the current situation of the club but here are my thoughts

We are currently at the point where Noel Edmonds was when he ran out of ideas at Noel’s house party, he had Blobby, Gunge, Grab a Grand, invented Gogglebox with NTV, years ahead of its time but even good stuff comes to an end, gets stale

NoelAxe.jpg

We desperately need our version of Deal or No Deal or we could end up in the wilderness for years like Edmonds was, we will turn it around but could mean throwing the Mr Blobby suit out as it’s not working anymore

So happy I will be coming home to see first game at new stadium next Saturday, I like a nice pie

COYS
Hope you're going to come and see us - we'll be in the Dispensary :)

Just watching Rocky III. Poch should tell everyone at the club to go rent this shit and watch it, see what glory is supposed to look like.

I expect and want fighters! Get it the fuck together and go murder teams like the cunts I know you can be! No more fucking about, become a fucking team and stop pricking about with all this plastic shit. Last chance saloon for a few of our lot in the twilight of their careers. Time to find a voice or watch it all pass them by. Time to take responsibility, none of this Happy Meal bollocks they've been serving up!

Toby & Jan are the key but only if they take it upon themselves. Where's the fucking fight at the moment? That 6 minutes of injury time and I don't recall troubling their goalkeeper at all? That's a fucking shambles I expect at the very least some heart, not this processed bullshit we are getting at the moment!

Fucking fight for it Spurs! Find your fucking hunger again or please just leave my club! No more excuses, it's time to take it seriously now. Each and everyone one of our boys need to make our club the priority. If they don't then they ain't welcome anymore. 1 away win since January? Look at the talent we have they should all be ashamed of themselves!

Fight or very kindly fuck off! You believed in your own hype Spurs, nows the time to show it was justified. Crunch time let's see what's you're all made of!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom