Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly think we'll have so much more about us when Foyth is back from his injury (Jan and Davinson both need a fire lit under their arses), Ndombele is up to speed (still very early days for someone who is meant to pull the strings and link defence and attack), and we actually have Sessegnon and Lo Celso getting minutes.

Honestly, if Lo Celso offers half of what Eriksen used to, it'll still be better than what we're currently getting out of Eriksen.

I fully believe that we'll be flying by the time Christmas rolls around and lamenting how inconsistent our start to the season was.

True, which is why I’m hanging on to number 1....

I had hoped the international break was when we “started” - Opening half hour vs Palace certainly looked that way.

If it’s the new year... then we’ll need a great run on the back stretch.... which we're capable of.

That is actually a fucking dumb video that actually confirms VAR works perfectly.
Take for instance the Mahrez offside on that vid . At 2.32 Gray says "you can see there he's onside" but actually take a look at the incident and you actually see Aguero's very fractionally infront of the defender just like the Son decision today. Gray is just saying stuff without any substantial evidence to prove what hes saying.

How is it? Points out how without an actual method to judge when the balls played it's all up to personal interpretation of what's on the screen. So basically VAR hasn't solved anything it's just making everything more contentious, because everything is being scrutinized.

We need to fuck off how we are using VAR and use it like they do in Europe. Let the onfield ref have a proper look not some cunt with a mouse 200 Miles away.

And there needs to be a margin or error with offisde like there is with Hawkeye in Cricket and Tennis. To hard to tell onfield decision stands

Last edited:
Did not see any of the game, but this season is already looking like a fucking disaster. If they carry on like this we will be lucky to get top 6 imo..
All a bit worrying tbh, players unhappy, squad disinterested and a manager who is clearly pissed off.....coys ffs...pull your fingers out and quick

By concentrating so much on VAR, is that taking the attention away from Poch and the players and their part in having lost? I accept that having our 2nd goal ruled out gave Leicester and their fans a huge boost. That said, if we are to fulfill our expectations at the start of the season, this sort of situation is going to happen during the season so the team have to learn how to deal with it.
If we are as good as the pundits said at the start of this season, this is a game we should have won. We didn't and that is not good enough. Winning breeds confidence - too many games like some of those we have had so far will have the opposite effect. No matter which way you look at it, this afternoon's result is a disaster.

COYS

True, which is why I’m hanging on to number 1....

I had hoped the international break was when we “started” - Opening half hour vs Palace certainly looked that way.

If it’s the new year... then we’ll need a great run on the back stretch.... which we're capable of.
It would also be delightful if we could perhaps bring in a new face or two in January, but I won't hold out any hope of that.

Mood's shite around the fanbase right now, but let's put Colchester to the sword and then bounce back against Southampton.

In all honesty, Leicester away was the hardest domestic match in this 7-games-in-3-weeks stretch.

Southampton at home and Brighton away before the next international break (Bayern in the middle). Get wins in those (and a good result against Bayern), and we'll feel a heck of a lot better.

Oh, you'd rather some tool who takes 3 touches, turning almost 360 degress in the process, before playing a square pass.
That describes like half our squad. Can you be more specific?

What I would have like was a true refresh and acknowledgement by the higher ups that the squad needed major surgery. What I would have like was some compromise and planning in recruitment ie Poch working with a bigger squad or players being moved on to open spots etc. Even if things improve this year then next year will be another transition year because players weren't brought in this year. And I wouldn't want a 28 year old.

How is it? Points out how without an actual method to judge when the balls played it's all up to personal interpretation of what's on the screen. So basically VAR hasn't solved anything it's just making everything more contentious, because everything is being scrutinized.

We need to fuck off how we are using VAR and use it like they do in Europe. Let the onfield ref have a proper look not some cut with a mouse 200 Miles away.

And there needs to be a margin or error with offisde like there is with Hawkeye in Cricket and Tennis. To hard to tell onfield decision stands
Thing with Hawkeye in tennis is that the camera setup and the way it's visualised is basically perfect. Similarly, with Hot Spot in cricket, the thermal method leaves no doubt whatsoever over ball-to-bat contact.

As Andy Gray was pointing out, with VAR offside decisions there are three key frames that will be used to judge it (potentially two if the pass is a one-touch) which differ enormously. What we're not seeing in these VAR reviews is a 'flick' between the two frames where the ball is on/has left the passer's foot, which I swear we used to be shown before and would likely have left the VAR booth with an embarassing decision to make this afternoon.

Alas, if you understand the technology properly then it's easy to see the potential pitfalls and how it doesn't replicate the accuracy of, say, Hawkeye at all. The mentality that these marginal offside calls being made must all be absolutely correct is actually rather foolish.

At least with the handball decisions they're pretty clear, if admittedly harsh at times.

By concentrating so much on VAR, is that taking the attention away from Poch and the players and their part in having lost? I accept that having our 2nd goal ruled out gave Leicester and their fans a huge boost. That said, if we are to fulfill our expectations at the start of the season, this sort of situation is going to happen during the season so the team have to learn how to deal with it.
If we are as good as the pundits said at the start of this season, this is a game we should have won. We didn't and that is not good enough. Winning breeds confidence - too many games like some of those we have had so far will have the opposite effect. No matter which way you look at it, this afternoon's result is a disaster.

COYS
If you actually look at the way the lines are drawn on the freeze frame shot used to decide that Son was offside it appears that they were drawn on to Leicester’s advantage. The red dotted line comes down from Son into the ground. The red horizontal solid line is drawn on very thickly from the bottom right hand corner of the broken line. The blue dotted line comes down from the Leicester player and into the ground. The solid blue line is much thinner for Leicester and is actually drawn from the bottom left hand corner of their dotted line. Had both solid lines been the same thickness and been drawn from the same corner of each dotted line then I think Son is shown to be onside.
We were robbed

We need to fuck off how we are using VAR and use it like they do in Europe. Let the onfield ref have a proper look not some cut with a mouse 200 Miles away.

Totally agree , Umpires Decision in cricket reflects the FACT that the technology used is not 100% accurate, but the cunts running football pretend it is.

Really , this is a massive scandal that I'm surprised is being allowed to be brushed under the carpet.

I am always here, win lose or draw, you're only ever here to slag other posters off.

Ironic that you call me a troll after making a post like this, emotionally driven nonsense, just proves that you lack any form of ability to logically look at things when you tell other posters to die.

You aren't cretinousgoat cretinousgoat alt account are you? Or is it just that you and your little gang can't resist telling people to kill themselves?

Pathetic little cunt.

Falsely tag me in one of your shit posts again you diseased fat cunt and it'll be the last thing you ever do.

Fucking leave me alone, shithouse.

Shit result and i am at work until 7.
I have a cold as well.
Even a pint tastes like shit when you have a cold.
And i am sure i noticed a few more grey pubes whilst showering this morning...Fuck my life

Still.. Mustn't grumble

Stop complaining, you've never had it so good. I'm both grey and bald, work that shit out :pochcry:

If you actually look at the way the lines are drawn on the freeze frame shot used to decide that Son was offside it appears that they were drawn on to Leicester’s advantage. The red dotted line comes down from Son into the ground. The red horizontal solid line is drawn on very thickly from the bottom right hand corner of the broken line. The blue dotted line comes down from the Leicester player and into the ground. The solid blue line is much thinner for Leicester and is actually drawn from the bottom left hand corner of their dotted line. Had both solid lines been the same thickness and been drawn from the same corner of each dotted line then I think Son is shown to be onside.
We were robbed
We would have still found a way to not win even if we went 2-0 up!

Whatever Milo 😂
Always jars when people say that...
It's like you KNOW me!
VAR doesn't exist to eliminate supporters arguing/?moaning. It exists to increase the accuracy of the application of football rules. It successfully accomplishes this goal - sometimes the increases accuracy helps you and sometimes it hurts you. Such is life.

For what its worth, VAR won't be the death of football anymore than any other of the games innovations over the past 150 years have. It will change the experience of football from what you have known and loved, but that's it.
As I say... at least it will start to eradicate the pre-arranged goal celebration 'dances'!
.... it woulda been cringeworthy had it stood...
When it's disallowed, it just looks plain stoopid!

Back
Top Bottom