Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko's contribution was immense today in helping the defence and we saw the importance when he was subbed for Wanyama. The game changed to their favour.

If Wanyama is the best you have or you think you have Poch, then probably we wouldn't have lost even if Sissoko was sent off later in the game.

BTW, Poch takes off Sissoko (who was brilliant!) because he was on a yellow, and Wanyama (who was slow to everything) got an instant yellow after he came on, so what was the point??

I actually thought that was the turning point not the wrongful VAR decision.

VAR will give us good things and take them .
We have had more than our share of good fortune in the not too distant past with it.
We lost today because some of our players didn't stay focused for 90 minutes and shit substitutions.

For me there are two ways to think about today;

1. Two good teams created lots of chances, game was always going to be a coin flip as they are on the up and we’re sorting ourselves out / sliding. This is how it is in a VAR world, it goes for you or against you, but if you dance it tends to go against you. Stop dancing.

2. Third away game in a row we’ve been up at HT and not won. Mentally shot after VAR decision. Never looked like equalising once 2-1. Wanyama cant move. Ndombele needs someone to do his work rate. We can’t make 6 changes every game.... no idea on our number one team or formation. No away win against current PL team in 2019. Nothing to dance about.

I’m trying to hold on to number 1.

:sandroscream:

YouTube video showing how VAR is fucked and legit makes everything more contentious then it needs to be.

My personal opinion is if you can't see it with the naked eye no advantage was gained. If it comes down to mm what difference did it make?

Also the fact that it's still a bloke chosing when to stop the frames and where to place the mouse invites more human error. It's fucked and needs changing

Fucking hell, I find myself agreeing with Andy Gray.

7695d711181b5cff3444575f6b47a1dc955b0df9.gif

I HATE what losing a football match does to us... but there it is...

We hate and blame everything and everyone when Spurs lose.... myself included!

I think you're missing the point...
Fans will STILL argue the decisions of VAR, like they did with Referees... it's just they can't throw 'human error' into the equation... and yet it's humans who are still deciding these things!
We've benefited and now sufferered from the warped version of football That VAR has created!

Which is why VAR will be the death of football.
VAR doesn't exist to eliminate supporters arguing/?moaning. It exists to increase the accuracy of the application of football rules. It successfully accomplishes this goal - sometimes the increases accuracy helps you and sometimes it hurts you. Such is life.

For what its worth, VAR won't be the death of football anymore than any other of the games innovations over the past 150 years have. It will change the experience of football from what you have known and loved, but that's it.

So fucking pissed off , it really rips the soul out of the weekend when we lose. Poch must be trolling us now, my heart sank when he brought Wanyama on, the blokes crocked, he shouldn't even be on the bench let alone getting on the pitch. Anyone with eyes can see this but not our manager apparently. Shit substitutions again and diabolical game management from a bloke who's lost the plot.
Still all's not lost, the wife thinks i'm a miserable git and is not talking to me.
Spot on, well except the last bit, but yours wife's probably right!

Utterly baffling subs by our manager today, what Wanyama was doing on the pitch is beyond me, last season showed he was shot at this level.

Sisokko was having hell of a game. Son did nothing stays on, ndombele did nothing stays on and Eriksen summed himself up when he allowed a centre half to beat him to the ball when starting behind Eriksen.

Pissed off

For me there are two ways to think about today;

1. Two good teams created lots of chances, game was always going to be a coin flip as they are on the up and we’re sorting ourselves out / sliding. This is how it is in a VAR world, it goes for you or against you, but if you dance it tends to go against you. Stop dancing.

2. Third away game in a row we’ve been up at HT and not won. Mentally shot after VAR decision. Never looked like equalising once 2-1. Wanyama cant move. Ndombele needs someone to do his work rate. We can’t make 6 changes every game.... no idea on our number one team or formation. No away win against current PL team in 2019. Nothing to dance about.

I’m trying to hold on to number 1.

:sandroscream:
I honestly think we'll have so much more about us when Foyth is back from his injury (Jan and Davinson both need a fire lit under their arses), Ndombele is up to speed (still very early days for someone who is meant to pull the strings and link defence and attack), and we actually have Sessegnon and Lo Celso getting minutes.

Honestly, if Lo Celso offers half of what Eriksen used to, it'll still be better than what we're currently getting out of Eriksen.

I fully believe that we'll be flying by the time Christmas rolls around and lamenting how inconsistent our start to the season was.

YouTube video showing how VAR is fucked and legit makes everything more contentious then it needs to be.

My personal opinion is if you can't see it with the naked eye no advantage was gained. If it comes down to mm what difference did it make?

Also the fact that it's still a bloke chosing when to stop the frames and where to place the mouse invites more human error. It's fucked and needs changing

That is actually a fucking dumb video that actually confirms VAR works perfectly.
Take for instance the Mahrez offside on that vid . At 2.32 Gray says "you can see there he's onside" but actually take a look at the incident and you actually see Aguero's very fractionally infront of the defender just like the Son decision today. Gray is just saying stuff without any substantial evidence to prove what hes saying.

VAR cannot rule so precisely on an offside like that as Andy Gray said. They should change how it's interpreted and go back to the advantage to the attacking team when it's that close. Today was farcical.

And Wanyama substition for the superb Sissoko was daft (he got booked straight away also).

That is actually a fucking dumb video that actually confirms VAR works perfectly.
Take for instance the Mahrez offside on that vid . At 2.32 Gray says "you can see there he's onside" but actually take a look at the incident and you actually see Aguero's very fractionally infront of the defender just like the Son decision today. Gray is just saying stuff without any substantial evidence to prove what hes saying.

You don't sound like a genuine Spurs fan.

There’s a mentality problem with the team and manager. Losing to Leicester away is no shame, they are a good team, but the Newcastle game, Olympiakos game and second half vs Woolwich are what the issue is. We fall apart.

It needs addressing because top 4 is going to be harder than ever this year.

I honestly think we'll have so much more about us when Foyth is back from his injury (Jan and Davinson both need a fire lit under their arses), Ndombele is up to speed (still very early days for someone who is meant to pull the strings and link defence and attack), and we actually have Sessegnon and Lo Celso getting minutes.

Honestly, if Lo Celso offers half of what Eriksen used to, it'll still be better than what we're currently getting out of Eriksen.

I fully believe that we'll be flying by the time Christmas rolls around and lamenting how inconsistent our start to the season was.

True, which is why I’m hanging on to number 1....

I had hoped the international break was when we “started” - Opening half hour vs Palace certainly looked that way.

If it’s the new year... then we’ll need a great run on the back stretch.... which we're capable of.

Back
Top Bottom