Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to Poch saying he was 'happy with the performance' in the press conference.
:pochfacepalm:

For what it's worth, he's not blameless but at the same time I'd want to see him juggling the squad with more of the unsettled/unwanted players gone (and we know they didn't all go this summer) and with stalwarts like Eriksen playing like their usual selves (if that is even possible now).

Fuck me, this week is going to be unbearable. League Cup game midweek but everyone knows that won't be a palette cleanser.

Bringing on someone Wanyama who had 0 minutes this season is a farce. Was at fault for the second goal and got booked within 10 minutes, how the hell he's ahead of Dier and Skipp I don't know.

Same old Poch though, soon as the game starts he has no impact on the game, shows it game after game.

Was at fault for the first one too imo. Made an errant pass in the middle of the park that quickly released barnes or vardy.

Very poor sub. Should have been Skipp if anyone. Would have kept Sissoko as he wasn't being risky.

Should of took son off for Lucas around 60 mins , he was wasting chances today

That’s the thing about Sonny.

You usually know from kickoff if he had it or doesn’t.

No reason to leave him on any longer than 60 today.

Takes Lamela off after one of his best performances

Mind boggling stuff

Unfortunately, football isn't for the fans anymore...
It's for the armchair cunts fans who don't really give a fuck either way... or, worse still, THE NEUTRAL!!

Don't no why people started singing Erikson's name as soon he came on , the guy has to earn it now after mid week

I’m taking a break from all this shit. Poch is just frustrating me too much. I don’t want to be one of those negative posters that has nothing positive to say and I'm starting to get to that point where I will get all Poch out/ENIC out etc.

What does Lucas need to do to get more than a 5 minute cameo in a game like this? Why can’t we motivate our players to defend aggressively anymore?

No away win since February is so poor, relegation level shit is starting to be served up and I’m afraid Poch no longer has the humility to go back to the drawing board and create something new and special like he did the first time round.

We aren’t progressing anymore, and it’s not like we can blame injuries this time.

Anyway I’m offski, see you in a bit lads, could be weeks could be months.

Hard to fully judge via TV, so I do want to say that anyone who was there would know more than me. So based on what I saw, from the limitations of TV, I am absolutely fuming.

The wilting in the sun effect after the VAR was horrible to see. That’s players who are without confidence and leadership.

The way the team got worse and worse with each sub and tactical change is reflecting poor investment and poor coaching. At least win your 1 to 1 battles on a pitch, lose fighting. Don’t surrender like we did in the final 15. Where is the backbone gone ?

Not winning an away game in 8 months is ridiculous at this level for an “elite” club and we got schooled AGAIN by Brendan. It’s just a nasty feeling and can’t become acceptable and yet it has become the norm.

The overall pattern of this season so far is showing Spurs to be quite far off the title and in a battle for a top 6 spot with the overall sense of frustration and anger building to a
point where many want to see Poch gone, not because it is his his fault 100%, but because something has to change and he is the only thing that at this stage that can be changed.

Levy won’t go. The players won’t leave....and something different is badly needed. After today, I have to go say I would understand Poch leaving. I don’t see much of a way forward like this.

On a slightly different day this easily could've been a 2-4, which makes the loss even more painful, but no need to panic. I think we will win the next 3 league games (Southampton at home, Brighton away, Watford at home). I would start to worry if we don't get at least 7 points from those 3 games.

Its gonna be a long painful season. Poch should have a clear the air talk with the whole team. Anyone not on board needs to be cleared out asap. Question is whether poch has the will and patience to do it all again.

I am going to nail my bollocks to the mast and say that I think we need a change of manager, I don't think Pochs heart is in it anymore, I think he is making decisions which are actively harming us in terms of results now and I also think that when you combine that with his consistent complaining to the press it just doesn't look good for us at all.

I am not sure who will be better as a manager, simone maybe? More importantly, who will work with Levy because he's a fucking nightmare of a chairman who has clearly no short term interest in winning a trophy at this club (I will be fucking 90 at this rate before we win something because of his vision of "long term sustainability")
I reluctantly agree,to a point.Something ain't right,that's obvious

We deserved what we got.

One day you’ll wake up and realise that everything bad isnt because the fairies put a spell on us and there is someone who actively manages this football team.
Fuck off you depressing cunt ... go support someone else if you hate Spurs so much ... cunts like you are a sad reflection on modern society ... back in the day you get smacked the moment you opened your mouth, and quite rightly to

Back
Top Bottom