Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't even need to sleep on it. I was sanguine after the match

A point in our first away game in the champs league this year. One better than last year. Lets hope we go one better in the competition.
No new injury worries that I've heard of.
Almost perfect squad management from Poch. The whole squad should be fresh for Saturday as everyone except Winks followed the match plan of not putting in a shift.
Also masterful tactics from Poch to not let the fan base get carried away. Can you imagine if we'd smashed this lot 4-0. We'd all be off in "we're gonna win the world cup" territory.

Let's just hope that we play the Palace game again on Saturday.
I must confess a certain apprehension about Saturday.

What a load of shite...honestly if when 2-0 up against a bunch of what we can only assume to be at best low end championship standard players you just crumble...we have no hope his season, the team just looks out of ideas and dis interested in general..apart from the palace game which is just more annoying. It likes here is what we can do, but we don't want to do that too often lol...this team will be the death of me I really am sure lmao.....COYS PLEASE

Previously we were a young up and coming team. Against Palace the average age of our squad was 28.5 years. It is clear that we do not want older players on long contracts and Rose, Toby, Jan, Wanyama, Sissoko are all unlikely to be offered new contracts; and if they were its likely 1 or 2 years without a wage increase.

Seeing Walker leave to City for a lucrative contract and now Tripps shining at Athletico Madrid clearly has many players questioning their commitment to Spurs. Jan was disciplined at the start of the season and Rose's problems have been played out in the papers.

Add into the mix that Mourinho has been attending our games and praising the running of the club in the rags and we also see that Poch is feeling the pressure.

But it's not all doom and gloom. Kane, Son, Alli are still here and showing no signs of wanting away; we still have one of the best creative midfielders in the world in Eriksen and Ndombele will grow into a very very important player.

We all know how good Dele is. Injury has set him back the last 2 seasons and with Lamela, Moura playing very well and Lo Celso emerging he will be under a lot of pressure to win his place back into the team. I predict Alli will become God Like again by Xmas and reform the golden partnership with Kane and Eriksen.

It is absolutely incredible when we don’t win a game how hard the media go in. ‘Have Tottenham plateaued’ ‘does Kane/poch need to move on to win trophies’ etc I swear no other team gets this kinda scrutiny. So odd.
We do but other teams get just as much only we don’t see it as much from our side of the fence....Klopp got his fair share but finally won a big trophy and now they wank over him, Utd bosses since Fergie have got a good roasting a time or too and so on so on....

The media always love the glory story, but they also always love a negative story to be simmering away in the background as well, we just happen to be that team more than most in the top 6.

When Kane broke through and Alli was on absolute fire the media purred over us like a young kitten, young England were good to go, but 6 years of “nearly but not quite” its time to attack us again.....

We need a big trophy and we need it soon, because every year we continue to regress the media will increase their negativity, and players themselves buy into it unfortunately!!

We need a big trophy and we need it soon, because every year we continue to regress the media will increase their negativity, and players themselves buy into it unfortunately!!
Or if the players don't their agents will and will want to move their client on to "protect their investment"

Hello from Athens of Greece, I am a fan of Olympiakos and I read all your comments about the game .
I thought that we are criticising a lot, but you are a category of your own . Your team it's not bad at all and it's so early for conclusions, so take it easy.
Olympiakos it's not an easy opponent in his home, and this season is much better than previous years, thanks to coach Martins. Too many great clubs lost in Piraeus, such as Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Milan, Manchester United, Liverpool, Ajax, Dortmund, Monaco, Porto, and didn't win like Chelsea, Barcelona, Valencia.
And I must mention that we miss our best player Kostas Fortunis cause he is injured. Imagine your team without Harry Kane for example.
Anyway the reason I enter in your forum is to post a video of Olympiakos TV so you can watch highlights from inside the pitch.
Take care and I wish for a great game in London from both teams.

Hello from Athens of Greece, I am a fan of Olympiakos and I read all your comments about the game .
I thought that we are criticising a lot, but you are a category of your own . Your team it's not bad at all and it's so early for conclusions, so take it easy.
Olympiakos it's not an easy opponent in his home, and this season is much better than previous years, thanks to coach Martins. Too many great clubs lost in Piraeus, such as Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Milan, Manchester United, Liverpool, Ajax, Dortmund, Monaco, Porto, and didn't win like Chelsea, Barcelona, Valencia.
And I must mention that we miss our best player Kostas Fortunis cause he is injured. Imagine your team without Harry Kane for example.
Anyway the reason I enter in your forum is to post a video of Olympiakos TV so you can watch highlights from inside the pitch.

eíste éna polý oraío átomo

Attack should have been built around him Son and Kane a year ago

Why would we build an attack round Son? he's capable of the odd wonderful moment but he's less reliable and consistent than Eriksen, and generally even produces less in terms of goals/assists and you want him put before a firing squad.

The attack is already built around Kane.

Why would we build an attack round Son? he's capable of the odd wonderful moment but he's less reliable and consistent than Eriksen, and generally even produces less in terms of goals/assists and you want him put before a firing squad.

The attack is already built around Kane.
And Kane has been largely crap or injured for over a year. Maybe that’s part of our problem.

I’d rather build our attack around fast, creative flair players than the three slowest, bumbling players in the squad.

Kane for England has a different energy, because the attack is built around Sterlings insane movement and speed.
We could do something like that, but our manager prefers fairy flicks and sideways passers alongside him.

And Kane has been largely crap or injured for over a year. Maybe that’s part of our problem.

I’d rather build our attack around fast, creative flair players than the three slowest, bumbling players in the squad.

Kane for England has a different energy, because the attack is built around Sterlings insane movement and speed.
We could do something like that, but our manager prefers fairy flicks and sideways passers alongside him.

I don't mind the sound of that at all, every week I advocate playing a 433 and having the likes of Moura, Lamela and Son either side of Kane, but lets be honest here, Moura and Son aren't Salah, Mane, Sane, Sterling or Sancho. When we bought Moura he was a deluxe Lennon, Poch has turned him into a deluxe Defoe. Son's great one week, then can't trap the ball for the next three.

And those three aren't going to served by quick transitions if we have plodders ambling around who can't pass the ball like Sissoko and Dier in our midfield, who Poch seems to like.

Last edited:
Chester! I asked everyone to discuss and you disagreed! WTF?
we had a bad start to the CL Campaign last season, played badly but managed to scrape by somehow, no one thought we would get anything from it, we are just as bad if not worse now so I've every confidence in us reaching the final again. I also think there's something inKanes contract that says he's got to play, but we'll never know

I don't mind the sound of that at all, every week I advocate playing a 433 and having Moura and Son either side of Kane
Every week you want Moura to play with Son and Kane :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Lucas Moura the man you described as:

He's a pea brain because his movement is unintelligent, he runs into blind alleys instead of getting his head up and making a simple pass (hence him losing the ball so often) and he creates absolutely fuck all for his team mates.

Doesn't quite make sense that does it ??

BBC headline this morning I read as "SPURS LOSE!!! (2-0 lead to draw at Olympiakos)
Sod off you biased cunts
And what a surprise they ran with an Upson "analysis".
On balance I'm not too upset by last night, we've done better than this time last year, and an away point is ok, I'm sure that counts after head-to-head if points are level after group stage.

What exactly is so bias about stating a fact? I’m no fan of any major MSM outlet but there’s nothing wrong with honesty ffs!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom