Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And after a year of lethargy (that last year you called fatigue due to the World Cup) how is it not on the manager?

We have the most grueling training regime in football and every week the players come out looking fucked. Who’s fault is that exactly?
I called it fatigue, in January, just like Poch did.

What you've just said isn't necessarily true. Against Palace we didn't look fucked at all.

This was our first week of two high intensity games this season, no?

We also broke down Villa due to our superior fitness.

I called it fatigue, in January, just like Poch did.

What you've just said isn't necessarily true. Against Palace we didn't look fucked at all.

This was our first week of two high intensity games this season, no?

We also broke down Villa due to our superior fitness.

We broke down Villa because we stopped playing shit tactics and they are a championship team.

Palace was the first good 90 minutes since Everton away last Christmas. And that’s in all competitions.

Confirmation bias.

Villa were fucked from the 60th minute due to our intensity and then we overwhelmed them.

The fact that in one year you can point to 30 minutes against a newly promoted team, at home, on the opening day of the season, and 90 minutes at home to Palace isn’t strengthening your point here.

Poch called it fatigue in January.
Against Villa he called it confusion.
Last night he called it lack of respect for his plan.

Three excuses for the same lame shit toothless football.

We have major issues, and the manager has made it abundantly clear since the season started that it goes way beyond what we are seeing on the pitch.

The fact that in one year you can point to 30 minutes against a newly promoted team, at home, on the opening day of the season, and 90 minutes at home to Palace isn’t strengthening your point here.

We have major issues, and the manager has made it abundantly clear since the season started that it goes way beyond what we are seeing on the pitch.
Not forgetting he said the squad is unsettled (we have players who do not want to be here).

Last night's lethargy was nowt to do with Poch.

The selection was fine, that tactics were fine. It was just pure lethargy from the players.

Sometimes you gotta put it on them.

I agree, I think this result was down to the players rather than Poch.
I didn't watch all of the game, but in what I did see there were regularly players out of position and overall the movement was quite slow and lethargic. There also seemed to be an issue with sloppy passing where often the ball was a yard out of the receiving players reach meaning possession was lost or the player had to break stride to collect it. That's down to the players, not Poch.
Also despite having international captains on the team there never seems to be anyone trying to lead the team on the field and gee them up.

Well nah, because I can go back to last season if you want. But these games were in the last few weeks and we're talking about current fitness levels.

The football wasn't toothless 5 days ago.

We still scored twice being ''toothless'' last night.

We're still the highest scorers in the League not called City or Liverpool.

You're overegging a ''crisis''

I think there's 3-4 players who have grown tired of Poch. At some pint it happens where the players just don't buy in to what the coach is selling anymore. It happens all the time.

Well nah, because I can go back to last season if you want. But these games were in the last few weeks and we're talking about current fitness levels.

The football wasn't toothless 5 days ago.

We still scored twice being ''toothless'' last night.

We're still the highest scorers in the League not called City or Liverpool.

You're overegging a ''crisis''
You’re still talking about 120 minutes of good football out of 540 minutes played this season though.

That’s a game and a third in 6 matches of convincing, determined authoritative football.

We’ve literally played one good team.

Poch would do well to actually play a settled team.

We whacked palace on Saturday and come Wednesday its a different team.....how often do the other big teams in Europe rotate as much as we do?

Fatigue is not an issue in September.

We will never see the best of moura if he is in one week and out the next, same with son, had a stormer on Saturday then benched last night.......meanwhile Eriksen still plays, yet again fails to perform but stays on.

Sanchez at right back is a lesson that was not learned from woolwich away. Aurier played well Saturday but didn't travel.

And we wonder why we are not consistent. All this talk of freshness of players is crap when you look at our injury list over the last 12.months..........

We broke down Villa because we stopped playing shit tactics and they are a championship team.

Palace was the first good 90 minutes since Everton away last Christmas. And that’s in all competitions.

You’re being kind Sammy

It was a good 45 minute first half
That’s all but then again that’s all that was required

Stolen from a far better writer than me --- just a brilliant post

Now the dust has settled, can I just point out that a lot of what you hear on TV, on talksport and in most of the gutter press, is utter garbage. I am sure there is a hidden agenda when it comes to Spurs.

For example, some of the crap I heard last night, during the commentary and after the match was totally disrespectful.

According to some - Dele Ali, at 23, is facing a career defining moment. He has more goals and assists than either Gerrard, or Lampard had at his age, yet the media have decided he has to prove his worth, or he is finished (at 23!) Worst still, some of our supporters have jumped on the bandwagon and spout the same shite. DO U BELIEVE THIS CRAP? SERIOUSLY? "We've got Deli Ali, I don't think u UNDERSTAND - HE COST £5MILL... come on people, support him, don't let them take that away from us.

Next up - Being Spursy. We stopped being Spursy in the Battle of the Bridge, the 2-2 when we lost the Title but also lost the moniker - the media hate that. Being Spursy would have ended in defeat last night. Liverpool lost away, Chelsea lost at home. We got a point in a hostile ground, in 26c at 85% humidity but that is Spursy. Let them use it though, we don't need to use it no more. In any case I'd rather be Spursy than a Numpty like Rio Ferdinand, or Jamie Redknapp.

Kane needs to move on in order to win trophies and they don't blame Eriksen for wanting out. They say that nearly winning, is not good enough. These mugs actually played football, so they get our attention. Only Crouchie talked any sense and they ignored him. This trophy hunt, is something everyone is after. Our lads have come close on numerous occasions but not quite got over the line. However, the aforementioned players moving on, won't guarantee they win something. There are maybe 8 major leagues where u can win a league title. But if you move to Celtic, Juve, PSG or Ajax, you are pretty sure of picking up a league title but how is that an improvement. It is like leaving a job in the bank, with a chance of promotion and going to Maccy fucking D's, to win Employee of the fuckin month. Winning the Champions league is not guaranteed. How much did PSG, Man City, Juve, Real and Barca spend to try to win it last year? How much did United and the Scum spend trying to qualify for it? Don't buy into the crap people, it is all this keeping up with the Jones and instant gratification, that is destroying our society. They cannot stand that Harry Kane is one of our own, they want to cause dissent amongst us. We need to stick together.

This group in the champions league will teach us a lot. The Karaiskaki is a fortress, the fans were non stop. Red star, more of the same, Munich too. To create that, the fans are united. Us against the world. Us against all. Not jumping on a media bandwagon which is designed to degrade all that we have improved over the past few years. GET BEHIND THE FUCKING TEAM, OR DO ONE. CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism yes, your own point of view yes but understand that if you want success, you need to play your part with some positivity. We are the Yid army, but if half go to battle believing we will lose, then lose we surely will. COYS TTID AND I LOVE ALL THE YID ARMY!

He seems to miss the point that it’s not about jumping on the media bandwagon and most people can actually think for themselves and have had many of these views for years.

But cheerleaders will cheerlead..

He seems to miss the point that it’s not about jumping on the media bandwagon and most people can actually think for themselves and have had many of these views for years.

But cheerleaders will cheerlead..

and whingeing basement dwellers will moan ... so what?

Spurs fans getting behind Spurs who knew that was a thing ... must be depressing always seeing the glass half-empty, much better if you think of it as half full, and guess what ... it's the same glass

Yup ... Spurs fans getting behind Spurs who knew that was a thing ... must be depressing always seeing the glass half-empty, much better if you think of it as half full, and guess what ... it's the same glass

The thing you and certain others don’t understand is that the people complaining are behind Spurs.

You are in a group of fans who pick and choose what you consider support, then judge everyone by those standards. But you have been deafened by your happy clappers so you don’t actually hear the massive hypocrisy and flaws in your campaigns of selective hero worship.

For example, there are people who are happy to slag off Dier, earlier Trippier, Janssen, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, Sanchez, Lamela, Nkoudou, Levy, ENIC, Joe Lewis.

People who a year ago would have been more than happy to fuck Winks off, who have written off Skipp already.....who think the squad is shit and poor Poch has been given a mission impossible and is working miracles with this underinvestment ravaged mob of turd at his disposal.

Those of you who wrote off half the squad and the owners, but think you’re all visionaries and elite supporters because you never find the time to criticise your favorite three players and the manager.

In short, you’re shit fans too.....but at least my ire is reserved to three people in the club.
Poch, Eriksen, Dele.

How long is your list?

Last edited:
Jesus christ we drew a champions league away game. People are reacting like we lost to a league one team at home ffs.

Since the season started we've had 1 bad result. Quit exaggerating.

Drew away to a team that in recent seasons has beat Woolwich at the Emirates and Atletico Madrid at home. It wasn't an easy place to go, apparently it was pretty hot over there and we had to rotate a bit due to heavy fixture loads coming up.

Should have had the game wrapped up at 2-0 but I think we can all agree that scoreline flattered us a fair old bit anyway. It's a sign of how far we've come that a point away in the group stages gets seen as a disaster. We were also without our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and probably 4th choice RB playing as well .

Not a great result, not a great performance but it's a better start than our last Champions League campaign got off to so all in all it really ain't that bad, just looks it because a few of us are irate. Season has only just begun

Back
Top Bottom