New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else had trouble with the £5 Pie & Pint offer. In so much as the sever hasn't a feckin clue about it.
I asked at the touchline bar on Saturday (got there about 20 mins after opening) and was told it was only after the match, despite it being announced previously that it would be before and after

At the 2nd test event we queued for about 15 minutes before game to get the pie deal. Offer wasn't coming up on the till when they punched it all in so it was basically over double the price. Discussion ensued. I said it was for the first hour of the stadium being open (as very heavily advertised)... gates had been open only 45 minutes.

"Yeh but we turn the tils on 15 minutes before that"

Brilliant.

Then got told "there would have been shorter queues elsewhere"

It's that level of service which means I haven't attempted to eat anything at the stadium since and probably never will.

I'm in the South Upper and the problem with the atmosphere is the fans. There are some great people around me who sing and make alot of noise and their are some absolute bell ends who complain when people stand and just want to sit there like they are in a fucking opera. I have had arguements with these fans and there stock response is I have paid for my ticket so I can watch how I like. My response is why did you not go in the west, east and North stands you fucking pillock. These "fans" are a disgrace. The whole point of the south stand design is to have a "wall of noise" but at points it's like a library. The club ultimately is to blame because the moment they put the 1882 in the middle of the wall they ruined the park lane. Also with making season tickets the most expensive in Europe they have priced out alot of old Skool spurs fans who make noise and sing as well as younger local fans who would bring the noise. Imagine if instead of the 1882 they had cheap under 25 season tickets. The wall would be rocking but yet again Levy and Co. went for the greedy option. I have a season ticket but I'm getting to the point where I will just go to the big games and put my tickets for small games on the exchange. I live in Tottenham so can just watch it in the local boozer and go away. I went to the Haringey Boro FA cup game and you get more atmosphere there then half the games in the "Wall of Breeze"
Was talking to a Northern Ireland fan the other week and she says, when they built the new Kop (west stand) they built it with the seats slightly further apart to allow for standing (unofficially of course) as that stand just stands and sings the entire game anyway so they just made it a little safer to do so, the Stewarts don’t give one fuck.

They also know the backlash they would get from the fans if they started to get anal about sitting. There is more than enough seating around the rest of the stadium to accommodate those who prefare to sit more often than stand, also having every ticket the same price helps here too, so pick your seat wisely she says🤗

Was talking to a Northern Ireland fan the other week and she says, when they built the new Kop (west stand) they built it with the seats slightly further apart to allow for standing (unofficially of course) as that stand just stands and sings the entire game anyway so they just made it a little safer to do so, the Stewarts don’t give one fuck.
What about the Daves and the Kevins? Do they give a fuck?

I've only managed to get to the new stadium once so far which was the Inter game during pre-season and although I know it wasnt the usual matchday crowd, it still felt a little weird in my section. There were lots of families around me, but also a huge number of foreign tourists. Whilst it's great that tickets are selling and the club is world renowned, the atmosphere was pathetic and people were constantly getting up to go buy snacks or whatever all through the game.

I genuinely get the feeling that the club don't care who buys the tickets as long as they're sold. I get the impression that the stadium is more of a tourist attraction to the club and they're happy to keep ticket prices high because people clearly people will pay for them. And tickets are selling because as a OHPlus member I cant get tickets for the Sheff Utd game that I want to go to unless I pay well over £100 on the exchange. I don't want to spend that much though.
The longer Levy stays in charge the more I get the feeling that Spurs are run purely as a business with the football playing second fiddle.

Is it just the one or two tickets you need for Sheff Utd? I might be able to help you out.

Had a couple of mates in the Palace end Saturday and they said at HT one of the servers was dishing out 4 beers for £10 cash in hand. Probably only working the one shift so thought sod it i'll make hay whilst the sun is shining.

:levyeyes:

im fairly sure, at some point in time, someone said "a penny to watch football. you're crazy. let the crazy have it"

thing is, as Ive always said, the day that a price was put on going to a football match, then someone somewhere was being priced out.

When i had a season ticket in the 90s, when we were shite, it was still more than 400 quid.
you could just apply and get one in those days too. no waiting lists for match tickets, no waiting lists for season tickets. even as recently as the last season at old WHL, i bought tickets a cowuple of times in that season just by going on the website. Im gonna bet thats not gonna happen too often in the new place
Interestingly they let me buy three tickets for Saturday on one membership so I could bring non members, seems the new stadium buzz is already fading a bit :levywtf:

I’m waiting to get my letter in the post for standing up a bit.

Ridiculous really as no-one sits behind me and in front of me I can see 3000 people standing all game.

Main reason I was standing on Saturday was I was just pretty uncomfortable sitting down for long periods of time after spending far too long on a rowing machine the day before.

Can’t stand up even if you get cramp..... stewards really are like mini policemen. Mental.

Interestingly they let me buy three tickets for Saturday on one membership so I could bring non members, seems the new stadium buzz is already fading a bit :levywtf:
Via the ticket exchange, I assume? They sell out on ticket sale day, but by the time most people put their season tickets up for resale it's too late for lots of people, or they don't realise how easy it is to buy nearer the time

I've only managed to get to the new stadium once so far which was the Inter game during pre-season and although I know it wasnt the usual matchday crowd, it still felt a little weird in my section. There were lots of families around me, but also a huge number of foreign tourists. Whilst it's great that tickets are selling and the club is world renowned, the atmosphere was pathetic and people were constantly getting up to go buy snacks or whatever all through the game.

I genuinely get the feeling that the club don't care who buys the tickets as long as they're sold. I get the impression that the stadium is more of a tourist attraction to the club and they're happy to keep ticket prices high because people clearly people will pay for them. And tickets are selling because as a OHPlus member I cant get tickets for the Sheff Utd game that I want to go to unless I pay well over £100 on the exchange. I don't want to spend that much though.
The longer Levy stays in charge the more I get the feeling that Spurs are run purely as a business with the football playing second fiddle.
Don't base it on a pre-season game, get yourself into the South stand for a proper game
Via the ticket exchange, I assume? They sell out on ticket sale day, but by the time most people put their season tickets up for resale it's too late for lots of people, or they don't realise how easy it is to buy nearer the time
Yeah but options for both were available, never been able to get more than one per membership before

Had a couple of mates in the Palace end Saturday and they said at HT one of the servers was dishing out 4 beers for £10 cash in hand. Probably only working the one shift so thought sod it i'll make hay whilst the sun is shining.

:levyeyes:

He’s probably a south Londoner - made of stern stuff and not willing to be shafted over a days dough;
I forgive him as in my day I did the same :dembelelol:

I asked at the touchline bar on Saturday (got there about 20 mins after opening) and was told it was only after the match, despite it being announced previously that it would be before and after

Pulling strokes over £5 pint and meal deals has to be the pits. I never buy food or drink at the football;at any concert or even the cinema for that matter; I make sure I’ve had my fill before they have me trapped the thieving bassas . :roseunsure:

I've not yet worked out the purpose of the scanners at the bottom of the stairs. I guess it's just to stop there being queues/issues at the actual turnstiles? Pretty sure you could just slip past the pre check unnoticed at busy points.
I think they just use them to check that people are headed for the right part of the stadium. For example, if you're walking from the SE corner and your seat is in the East stand, it'd be much quicker if they let you go up the steps by the South stand, through the security checkpoint there and then just walk round the edge of the actual stadium to the right turnstile. But if they let everyone do that then certain entry points would get too busy and others would be under-used, so they have to make sure everyone goes through their designated security point.

Back
Top Bottom