Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Other than a win, the other thing I really wanted to see yesterday was Aurier claim the RB position as his own and he certainly did that.. What seemed a problem has hopefully been resolved by a great performance..

Anyone else in the Billy Nic yesterday? Saw that Chris Cowlin dude interviewing people.

Aurier was not great in his first season then in his second looked good quite a bit when not injured (he was mostly injured).

He is settled now and a good player, he needs a long run without injury to forfill his potential. His pace and power make me worry less than when KWP is on the pitch, I like KWP but he does look like he needs to bulk up a bit.

Why is everyone forgetting why Aurier found it hard to get games? Some of you worry me.
He played that game without anyone to mark and under no pressure at all.
His "goal" was a poor cross into a tight pack of players that got lucky, and his cross to Sonny was either a piece of Hoddle like perception or a massively over hit cross.
He does have some great skills in his locker but unless he has had some massive epiphany he is a poor defender when under pressure who has a history of panic induced brain farts.
I think we should view his performance with a degree of caution, and not get too carried away with it.

When looking back on yesterday it amazes me that we had just 5 shots on target, which certainly doesn’t reflect the dominance Spurs had in the first half. We actually pressed and went for them.

Why is everyone forgetting why Aurier found it hard to get games? Some of you worry me.
His "goal" was a poor cross into a tight pack of players that got lucky, and his cross to Sonny was either a piece of Hoddle like perception or a massively over hit cross.
He does have some great skills in his locker but unless he has had some massive epiphany he is a poor defender when under pressure who has a history of panic induced brain farts.
I think we should view his performance with a degree of caution, and not get too carried away with it.

Aurier is not a personal favourite of mine but you have to acknowledge his attacking performance and contribution yesterday, he positioned himself well in an attacking sense, yes he had the occasional brainfart and I do see him getting caught goal side occasionally too.

I thought yesterday, he knew exactly what he was doing with the cross to the Son goal which is a lovely finish and if you look at the deflected goal, the cross was headed for a danger area, calling those bits of play lucky is a little bit harsh.

Christ almighty Mick.. Do you ever smile or get remotely excited.??
RB has been an issue but to see a performance like that from Aurier must have been just a tincy wincy bit pleasing..

Go and knock one out ffs..

So weird that when a non favorite does something well, it’s a “lucky punt into the box”.

Surely any player playing well, who hasn’t been very good should give hope, rather than accusations of poor play that got lucky.

For someone who hasn’t played with the first team in what? 8 months? Fuck knows, I genuinely can’t remember, he made a very strong comeback.

He’s not my favorite, but he gave me hope in both himself and the manager for picking him yesterday. Nothing but positive on that front.

RB has been an issue but to see a performance like that from Aurier must have been just a tincy wincy bit pleasing..

That's unfair Billy
Yeah I do, and yesterday was the absolute bollocks because we did for the first time in a long time, what we were doing to teams up and down the leagues 9 months to two years ago.
All I said was proceed with caution with Aurier, he has shown he can be a liability and was rightly criticised for it in the past.
Yesterday was a free pass for the guy.
I dont come on here crying and bitching about players (piss taking about sissoko early games aside) so dont lump me in with the posters that do.
We are all desperate for a right back, but we need a level headed one who knows how and when to defend.

So weird that when a non favorite does something well, it’s a “lucky punt into the box”.

Surely any player playing well, who hasn’t been very good should give hope, rather than accusations of poor play that got lucky.

For someone who hasn’t played with the first team in what? 8 months? Fuck knows, I genuinely can’t remember, he made a very strong comeback.

He’s not my favorite, but he gave me hope in both himself and the manager for picking him yesterday. Nothing but positive on that front.
Sammy you are the biggest critic of players you perceive to be under performing, and I didn't criticise what Aurier did yesterday, just advocated caution given the circumstances.
I never want players to fail, and have shown that I'm just as happy to support players I dont particularly rate when they step up.
If this is the start of Aurier doing a "Sissoko" then I'll be on here banging the Serge cymbals and chanting his name

Only saw motd but Aurier looked sharp and, of course, so did Sissoko it maybe ‘majestic ‘ suits better ?

Sammy you are the biggest critic of players you perceive to be under performing, and I didn't criticise what Aurier did yesterday, just advocated caution given the circumstances.
I never want players to fail, and have shown that I'm just as happy to support players I dont particularly rate when they step up.
If this is the start of Aurier doing a "Sissoko" then I'll be on here banging the Serge cymbals and chanting his name

Yes, I do criticise players that underperform.....just not when they play well

Enjoyable match, job done in the first half

The first time palace supporters so quiet

Few stray passes from midfielders S, W and N was annoying.

We need a decent free kick taker, coaches should spend more time on them.

80% pos against newcastle lost 1-0, 64% pos against palace won 4-0

Back
Top Bottom