Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well... That was fun.

Finally seeing some ruthlessness from this team. Game done and dusted by halftime.

Palace never had a chance to get into the game. More of that please and thanks
Yep. The usual slow complacent start just gives the oppposition confidence & then they fancy there chances. Let's be on it from the start :lamelaaghh:

Great result, much needed energetic performance.
Yes, 4-0 up at HT the subs could have been quicker for sure, I can definitely understand both arguments on it.

My only gripe with the over all game would be if they had anyone but Benteke up front in that 2nd half then we may have been a little more freaked out than we should have been....

Anyway, job done, much improved performance all round, so cant wait until we fucking go again...COYS!!

Give me any reason why you would put a player on for 5 minutes....

...... Not those reasons.
When a player is injured and needs replacing. When the game is looking like a draw and heading towards a penalty shootout and you want to put a proven scorer on. If a player is given a late yellow and you don't want him risking a suspension for the next match.
There's three....will that do ?

Just like all the other games though wasn’t it?

Wasn’t it?

You know....the games where we were excellent like at the Etihad......right?
No.

Now you see how excellently this team can play.
It’s the first time in a long time too.

As others have said great to see us play with intensity again, missed that.

Sonny was relentless, just listened to his Spurs TV post-match interview, now that puts a smile on my face!!.

Lamela in the oppo faces, Winks excellent with and without the ball, Eriksen was fantastic as were Toby & Vertonghen. Realy enjoyed Aurier's performance, now for fuck sake, if that doesn't shut the moaners up on here nothing will just give it a rest on RB, we've got it covered!!

Boring 2nd half but with 7 games in 21 days no need to go banzai, job was done in the first half!

I swapped my ST around with a mate today, so the first time in The South Stand. I was central and one row from the top, great view but fuck me I won't be looking to go back there in a hurry, couple of nice lads around me but it's a fucking morgue, 3 Indan(??) blokes in front of me asked who won when it was half time, they didn't even notice that we had scored one goal let alone four!!! To busy taking selfies. This wi-fi has to be killed, we score a goal and everyone just reaches for their phone so they can WhatsApp their mates or whatever the fuck they are doing on there, one for for sure is they aren't celebrating a goal. 3 or 4 sat to my left went for a half time pint, never came back. People leaving for half-time 15 mins before the whistle, then turn up 15 mins into the 2nd half, then leave 15mins before the end of the game! Sum total of songs today was 5, COYS, Stand Up if you hate, Oh When the Spurs and Yids! We are Tottenham. No one knows the words to The Thing I like most!

Anyway, we've got great depth to this squad, look at the bench and that didn't include Sess, Lo Celso, Foyth.
So you're saying you loved the atmosphere & fellow spectators. :eriksenlol:

Great result and all but I am most satisfied by Aurier to be honest, I feared that Poch was ready to ship him off in December and he wasn’t even going to occupy the subs slot.

Most relieved that he’ll be given a run, I really hope he uses today’s performance as a platform to rebuild his career.

We looked very good with a proper right back.

It’ll be the media darlings first, we’ll be second to last I imagine, and only because Brighton v Burnley is tantamount to contracting cat aids
Forgot about the Proms on before too but I'll forgive them. Absolutely love watching the last night...magical moments. :thumbup: Recorded it to watch tomorrow afternoon with a few sherberts.

Forgot about the Proms on before too but I'll forgive them. Absolutely love watching the last night...magical moments. :thumbup: Recorded it to watch tomorrow afternoon with a few sherberts.

It's the same every year! :allitongue:

You've spoilt it now....:( It's traditional in our house. Like watching Zulu at Christmas.

Ouija Board session and sacrificial kitten drowning round our gaff for Crimbo..... We're a bit 'hippy' like that, but I guess everybody's got a 'thang'.....

I've only read the last few pages, and judging by some of the comments, life's too short to go back through the thread!
Best first 45 minutes for aaaaaaages.
Have to give Sonny MOTM, as he didn't stop running or pressing, for the whole game. I think Serge had a good game, considering he has played so rarely. Also Jan deserves to be mentioned in dispatches.
Lost count of the yellow cards for petty fouls - am I right thinking that they were all for fouls against Zaha?
Didn't bother me that we took the foot of the gas for the second half, but I was hoping for a few more goals. Still, a clean sheet is always a plus.
Loved the half time special guest, 90 year old Brenda, celebrating her 70th anniversary of attending her first game - I've only got 20 years to go to catch her up :)
Did something today that I haven't done since I was 15 ............ we waited at the car park exit. Saw Toby, Tanguy, Tiddly, Erik, Ossie being driven by Steve Sedgley, Pat Jennings and Mario from TOWIE. Hundreds of Sonny fans hanging around but he must have left in a car with blacked out windows.
Lovely to make the acquaintance of BernardMatthews BernardMatthews and Johnboy40 Johnboy40 , and of course to see Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor again.
Lots of sightings of the 3rd shirt, think I may have to treat myself, as it's a beauty.

It's a mystery that the drones are out in force with the disagree button for you when you dare to suggest something like giving Kane a rest and giving Moura 45 minutes when we're 4 nil up.

Its like they feel like they're being disloyal if they question some of the stranger decisions that Poch makes.

And rather than engage in meaningful debate, you're just shouted down as being a whinger.

These are the same people who will be crying into their keyboards and moaning Kane is fatigued come Christmas time.
Thanks for that, much appreciated. Nobody enjoyed the win more than me. I just thought it was an opportunity missed to rest Kane., didn't reckon on such a response.

Last edited:
What a scintillating 45 minutes that was.

Joy to watch. TBH, i was nervous about this game. From the get go, we looked so sharp.

Clean sheet, no injuries... Off to Greece we go. #COYS

Back
Top Bottom