Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you are two nil up away from home and end up drawing 2-2 there are two viewpoints :

1) It could have been a whole lot worse (content with the point)
2) It could have been a whole lot better (gutted that a good win and 3 pts was not achieved)

This applies to any football team and any section of football supporters in the world. It's called life....glass half full/glass half empty. City and Woolwich away = 2pts :thumbdown: My personal viewpoint.....As Oasis said "Don't look back in anger" :thumbup:
:coys:

Look at the amount of replica shirts, absolute joke of a club.

The embarrassment of London

That is literally horrific.. As fans we deserve such better rivals..
I used to love the buzz of walking to and around a rivals ground but yesterday was so poor. They are so puny and half of them had spray tans the worst welcome committee I’ve ever seen.

I used to love the buzz of walking to and around a rivals ground but yesterday was so poor. They are so puny and half of them had spray tans the worst welcome committee I’ve ever seen.
They reckon they have a firm these days, I’ll be honest I’ve never ever been worried about a gooner in any capacity at any game or around the grounds. Ever.

The only stat figures for possession I can find are for the full game Woolwich 57% Spurs 43%. Can anyone tell me what they actually were per half ? I would love to just know how much ball we had in the first 45mins compared to the last. :thumbup:
Many thanks if anybody out there has the information....

I get banned because people can dish it out, but I can dish it that little bit fucking more.

I don’t care about bans Mick, so many people act like getting binned matters.
I’m here to talk about Spurs, good bad and ugly...

You’re here on patrol trying to tell everyone what support is. You’re army days are over, stand down Cooper.

When Poch leaves (because one day he will) you can follow him if he’s that vital to your existence as a football fan.

Or you can get behind the new manager.
The club is all that matters.
And again
Straw man sammy
...like a stuck record

Even though I’m actually ok with the result over all.

I just keep replaying that 30 seconds before half time where Danny panicked and just walked the ball in to one of their players. What the actual fuck was he doing?

He used to be the one player I would count on to leave everything on the pitch in these fixtures. I’m actually excited to see Ben Davies come back in, never thought I would say that. . .

Hopefully sess gets going soon, I really have had enough of rose’s mistakes this season.

Tarquin Army

Think it was Newcastle away this season,a picture was doing the rounds, literally the whole end we’re in replica shirts

What must the older lot think of the joke their club has become

I think it’s perfectly normal for the under 25’s especially teens and toddlers to wear replica shirts of whoever they support. I do though understand slagging off two hundred lard arsed middle aged Geordies in their latest rep-shirts, but I’d never slag off even an @rsenal kid that wears the shirt.

The cunts need a new song though. o_O

I think 16 is the limit, anything over that and you need a harsh word with yourself

When you are two nil up away from home and end up drawing 2-2 there are two viewpoints :

1) It could have been a whole lot worse (content with the point)
2) It could have been a whole lot better (gutted that a good win and 3 pts was not achieved)

This applies to any football team and any section of football supporters in the world. It's called life....glass half full/glass half empty. City and Woolwich away = 2pts :thumbdown: My personal viewpoint.....As Oasis said "Don't look back in anger" :thumbup:
:coys:
Actually, John Osbourne said it first. And he's a whole lot more literate than the Gallaghers

I was shouting at the telly exactly that, and about half a dozen times after. I wouldn't mind, but the ref was handing out yellows to ours like sweets!
For all those who think we are paranoid.
Neil / 15 minutes ago

Graham Roberts has claimed that there referees have a vendetta against Tottenham Hotspur.
Roberts made the claim after Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-2 draw against Woolwich where the lilywhites were denied two penalties through separate incidents involving Harry Kane and Dele Alli.
The former Spurs defender believes that since Mauricio Pochettino was involved in a war of words with Mike Dean following a defeat to Burnley in February, referees have been against the club.
The 60-year-old has suggested that the referees have got together and decided to not give Spurs the rub of the green in any matches.
Roberts was left amazed that when Harry Kane went down under a challenge from Sokratis Papastathopoulos in injury time at the Emirates, referee Martin Atkinson did not point to the penalty spot.
talkSPORT
@talkSPORT

Graham: “Referees for the last year have been right against Tottenham.”

Paul: “You believe there’s a vendetta?”

Graham: “100%! They’ve ganged up & said ‘Dont give them anything!’” @GrahamRoberts4 tells @talkSPORT2 that

Last edited:
For all those who think we are paranoid.
Neil / 15 minutes ago

Graham Roberts has claimed that there referees have a vendetta against Tottenham Hotspur.
Roberts made the claim after Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-2 draw against Woolwich where the lilywhites were denied two penalties through separate incidents involving Harry Kane and Dele Alli.
The former Spurs defender believes that since Mauricio Pochettino was involved in a war of words with Mike Dean following a defeat to Burnley in February, referees have been against the club.
The 60-year-old has suggested that the referees have got together and decided to not give Spurs the rub of the green in any matches.
Roberts was left amazed that when Harry Kane went down under a challenge from Sokratis Papastathopoulos in injury time at the Emirates, referee Martin Atkinson did not point to the penalty spot.
Mind you, Robbo is more biased than me, TBF :)

Domestic cups are ready made experimentation laboratories- experiments during bread and butter premier league must wins is not very bright!
Yeah.. But then everyone would be up in arms about the manager disrespecting the cups. Really, it's only pre-season and the rare early round tie against a weak opponent where we can truly experiment.

Actually, John Osbourne said it first. And he's a whole lot more literate than the Gallaghers

Think you'll find Mr Osborne said exactly the opposite my friend :thumbup:

"Don't Look Back in Anger" is a song by the English rock band Oasis
Look Back in Anger, play in three acts by John Osborne

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom