Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Listless display, from Poch's comments about the unsettled dressing room... something clearly isn't right.

Lloris 7/10- did nothing wrong, okay save from longstaff shot

KWP 2/10- BULLIED off the ball many times, can't fucking cross. Downgrade on Trips
Alderweireld 6/10- Didn't have much to do.
Sanchez 2/10- Why the fuck wasn't he marking Joelinton for the goal? Quick but brainless
Rose 5/10- Made some good crunching tackles. But can't cross either.

Sissoko 3/10- Should have closed down Atsu for the goal. Not useful against a parked bus.
Winks 3/10- Didn't take enough risks. Not as brave as last season when dribbling.
Lamela 3/10- Did nothing

Son 4/10- Tried hard, first game back so wasn't sharp.
Lucas 3/10- Missed a sitter. Poor end product, off the ball movement not good either.
Kane 4/10- Got rugby tackled when he was about to score. Not enough supply.

Agree with descriptions but you have been very generous with the ratings. I was thinking 1 for everyone and 0 for kane sanchez and rose. Fucking diabolical. I'm angrier today than yesterday. Something is going on behind the scenes. Vertonghen is a model pro and must play whenever he is fit. Sanchez has never been good enough and I actually think he is getting worse, which is a miracle.

This is not said for effect. I would have offered to swap seats with him. I have done this numerous times for younger fans if my view was better than where they sat, smaller people are also disadvantaged when we all sit.

I would have thought with this fellas disability, he would have been able to make use of the ample spaces set aside for disabled people (quite rightly as well). How do you know he wasn't in that area ?
I appreciate that you have strong views on this subject, but if I were seated behind you, why should I have to ask you to sit down, so I can see the game?

I appreciate that you have strong views on this subject, but if I were seated behind you, why should I have to ask you to sit down, so I can see the game?

You shouldn't have to ask and wouldn't need to. FFS, if someone was sitting behind me, ofcourse I wouldn't stand.. Those behind me yesterday were also standing. You know why ? Cos, when I purchased the ticket, I knew behind the goal in the South Stand would be a good chance of standing, hopefully with some sort of atmosphere. It is just a shame those who prefer to sit don't try and pick their seat with a similar thought process.

If you were behind me yesterday and I sat down, another 5 rows in front of us were also standing. You would have also have to ask those to sit. Or you could speak to a steward or snitch with a TEXT, twitter or facebook post I suppose.

Getting bored of the whole subject tbh. It is what it is and not for the better of a match-day experience or atmosphere in my opinion.

The more I think about this game the more it fucks me off. We get a real bonus point against City and what do we do? Follow it up with that embarrassment. Speak about pissing away points.

I'm just sick to death of the lethargic, ponderous way we start these home games against negative opposition. Never any early energy or intent, and no seeming gameplan to deal with it despite having the talent on the pitch.

Not enjoying our style of football at the moment, and it's getting to the stage where playing the likes of Burnley, Brighton etc at home hardly fills you with thoughts of a good, solid win.

At least that game has cured me of my feelings of confidence going into games. At last I can go back to facing all games with trepidation and a fear of failure. It’s like putting on a pair of comfy slippers at the end of the day.

Last edited:
EC1aruBWkAA65jn

Would take a 2-0 tomorrow though. Everyone including Toon fans expect us to smash them... which makes me nervous because we have a habit of making hard work of these situations.

Optimistic prick.

Newcastle deserved to win because we deserved nothing but if they play like they did yesterday in their next 10 games they will do well to get 10 points.

As abject as we were they were far from brilliant.

Just fcuks me off to the hilt that after battling to a draw that many teams won't get at City we capitulate like cnuts against Newcastle.

Fcuking ruins my mind and means I have to stay away from the back pages or radio footy shows for a day or two.

I think for once, everyone on the forum is in agreement. What a tragedy that it takes a trainwreck of a game to bring this about.
The entire team structure starting from the top downward is ultimately to blame. We pour our hearts out regularly on here, arguing, cursing and calling each other names but it's all because we care about OUR team.
But behind the scenes, nothing is really being done to rectify the fact that we're not even looking like a PL team. And that is so sad considering our long and wonderful history. We are in the hands of people who don't care one way or the other. I can't see anything changing unless we have new ownership and new management. Poch's reign has clearly come to an end. I'll always be grateful for his wonderful contribution but we have to move on. I would be happy to find a hitman for Levy and Lewis. This is the biggest crisis we have faced for a while and we need to be honest with ourselves, no matter how much we may like any particular player or member of the coaching staff. We have to look to the future and accept what the game has become. Money, Prima Donnas. You all know what's going on. We need to play the game, so to speak. We must follow the examples of Liverpool, City, and other European teams if we are going to make an impact. It's not a pleasant thought, I know but we're being left behind and it's getting harder to catch up.

Last edited:
I think for once, everyone on the forum is in agreement. What a tragedy that it takes a trainwreck of a game to bring this about.
The entire team structure starting from the top downward is ultimately to blame. We pour our hearts out regularly on here, arguing, cursing and calling each other names but it's all because we care about OUR team.
But behind the scenes, nothing is really being done to rectify the fact that we're not even looking like a PL team. And that is so sad considering our long and wonderful history. We are in the hands of people who don't care one way or the other. I can't see anything changing unless we have new ownership and new management. Poch's reign has clearly come to an end. I'll always be grateful for his wonderful contribution but we have to move on. I would be happy to find a hitman for Levy and Lewis. This is the biggest crisis we have faced for a while and we need to be honest with ourselves, no matter how much we may like any particular player or member of the coaching staff.

As politely as I can put it, what a load of utter bollocks....

You've just projected YOUR meltdown onto EVERYONE ELSE. Nothing more....

"No-one cares.... Sack Poch..... 'Kill' the chairman & owner... We're in crisis..."

Get a grip. Get yourself a rub down from one of the nurses or somethin' man....

...Lucas and Kane fluffed obvious chances that could have won us the game - whenever we took it to the byline, we created a decent chance - but Poch insists on tippy-tappying it in front of the opposition forever a la AVB...he should start more incisive players like Eriksen and Lo Celso against teams that park the bus...
COYS

But behind the scenes, nothing is really being done to rectify the fact that we're not even looking like a PL team. And that is so sad considering our long and wonderful history. We are in the hands of people who don't care one way or the other. I can't see anything changing unless we have new ownership and new management. Poch's reign has clearly come to an end. I'll always be grateful for his wonderful contribution but we have to move on. I would be happy to find a hitman for Levy and Lewis. This is the biggest crisis we have faced for a while and we need to be honest with ourselves, no matter how much we may like any particular player or member of the coaching staff. We have to look to the future and accept what the game has become. Money, Prima Donnas. You all know what's going on. We need to play the game, so to speak. We must follow the examples of Liverpool, City, and other European teams if we are going to make an impact. It's not a pleasant thought, I know but we're being left behind and it's getting harder to catch up.
You dont speak for me with that post.
Root and branch top down restructuring is not the way to fix what happened.
You're way out of line with that analysis.

As politely as I can put it, what a load of utter bollocks....

You've just projected YOUR meltdown onto EVERYONE ELSE. Nothing more....

"No-one cares.... Sack Poch..... 'Kill' the chairman & owner... We're in crisis..."

Get a grip. Get yourself a rub down from one of the nurses or somethin' man....
No. It's not a meltdown. It's what I perceive to be happening. You may not agree, that's your right and that's what the forum is all about but I stand by my post. I think what is happening is shameful.

No. It's not a meltdown. It's what I perceive to be happening. You may not agree, that's your right and that's what the forum is all about but I stand by my post. I think what is happening is shameful.

Take ownership of your words man; you declared that as EVERYONE's united opinion.....

That's why your post is bullshit.

Calm down and maybe explain what YOU think is happening, rather than blurt out a load of melodrama and claim everyone feels the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom