Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s funny how people would post their predicted first 11 and it would look the same for everyone. Nowadays people are posting different combinations something that tells me we haven’t found the winning formula yet.

I’d say we still need a proper DM. Winks is not a DM and we’re not Man City either to play with a Fernandinho type of a player. The only decent DM we have is Dier but when was the last time he’s played in a game?

In a fully fit squad I’d try -
KWP - Sanchez/Toby, Jan/Sanchez - Davies
Dier - NDombele
Lo Celso - Eriksen - Son
Kane

With that being said I don’t know if KWP will be fit to play so there’s Sissoko replacing him unfortunately. The rest of them can fucking start.

I disagree on the DM part. Winks is not the problem. It's our offensive players not creating enough. Using Dier instead would only make things worse. His distribution of the ball is 10 times slower than Winks'

How can u start a player when he doesn't want to sign new contract and wants to leave?

Has Eriksen performed in last season or did I watched wrong matches?

Don't get me wrong, when he's 100% in he's great player, but let's not pretend like he wasn't wank for most of the last season.

Poch can be criticised for tactics, but don't blame a man for leaving Eriksen on the bench when it's clearly rational decision.
Nonsense. If you’re not going to use him then sell him this week. Much better than sitting him in the bench to go for free next summer. As long as he’s here we’re daft not to use him, moreover contradictory given he’s started Alderweireld in all games.

Sell him or use him.
If 4th in the league for assists and crucial CL contributions is wank then I’ll take another wank season from him.

Nonsense. If you’re not going to use him then sell him this week. Much better than sitting him in the bench to go for free next summer. As long as he’s here we’re daft not to use him, moreover contradictory given he’s started Alderweireld in all games.

Sell him or use him.
If 4th in the league for assists and crucial CL contributions is wank then I’ll take another wank season from him.
Toby didn't express he wanted to leave. Eriksen did, clearly.

Toby's contract didn't fucked us up because he was truly professional about it. Eriksen wasn't.

He can be world beater, but if he doesn't want to be here, it's hard for Poch to start him. Of course, we'll have to wait couple of days to find out what's gonna happen, clearly Poch can't wait this saga to finish too.

Fearful.

Very Fearful.

You just know that this is the game that Pepe's career takes off, hate to say it but he was a quality buy, They have so much pace up top and are our defense looks ropey AF.
They are still dollop at the back but I think they might just sit in with numbers and hit us on the break all day long, in which case we will be bang in trouble.

You hope we can bounce back after today, but is the belief or desire even there anymore?

Could soon be back to the days where we are looking up at them, and with no trophies to show for it.

Pray I'm wrong though

tenor.gif

Spurs need a performance and a result next Sunday. This game is very much a “must not lose” fixture after today’s loss.
Hopefully Eriksen and Lo Celso will be more involved to provide some much needed creativity.

-----------Lloris----------
Aurier-Toby--Jan-Rose
----Winks--Ndombele--
---------Eriksen---------
-----Son----------Dele---
-----------Kane-----------

Gazzaniga
Sanchez
Davies
Sissoko
Lamela
Lo Celso
Lucas

No need for Dier or Skipp for this one. Time for Poch to get ruthless and to stop fucking about with laying down who is boss. Pick the strongest XI available, it's a North London Derby!

Spurs need a performance and a result next Sunday. This game is very much a “must not lose” fixture after today’s loss.
Hopefully Eriksen and Lo Celso will be more involved to provide some much needed creativity.
Unless Eriksen is no longer with us my friend. That window is still open remember and RM need to buy somebody creative desperately...he's not their first choice but he is on their shopping list.

Back
Top Bottom