Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SouthStand Billy

🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓🐓
This is the perfect opportunity to put today's shit show well and truly behind us. Win here and all is forgiven.

Poch must pick his best team and forget any disagreements he may or may not have.

Lucky enough to have a ticket for this. We will not let the club down so hopefully the players will do the same..

1-2 and all will seem good again.

COYS !!!!

Dreading this in all honesty.

Theyve been far more up for this then we have over the last few seasons and I think they have the pace in their attack to cause us problems.

No idea what to expect from our line up either. Will Ndombele be fit? Dele wasn't even on the bench today so how fit is he really going to be next week? KWP seems to have picked up a hamstring injury, who starts at right back!?

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Lo Celso - Ndombele - Winks
Eriksen - Kane - Son
I assume?

Though I imagine if those are the personnel involved it'd likely be a diamond with Eriksen just behind Kane and Son.

Is it smart to bring in Aurier and Vertonghen for this without any match sharpness against a rapid Woolwich attack? I remember last season when we rushed Vertonghen in and he gave away a penalty and got sent off.

Wonder if we'll go 3 at the back and utilise Sanchez' pace and perhaps play Sissoko.... Gulp... As a right wing back!?

Fuck knows but I am worried

In a weird way this game suits us more than today's.

Woolwich will attack which will surely means we will create more than the toothless showing today.
The main area of concern is defense and conceding goals - we've already leaked 4 this season and cant see us keeping a clean sheet at the shithole.

If we can improve on the awful display today, will hopefully be a case of another 2-2 like City or nicking a 2-1 win

Dreading this in all honesty.

Theyve been far more up for this then we have over the last few seasons and I think they have the pace in their attack to cause us problems.

No idea what to expect from our line up either. Will Ndombele be fit? Dele wasn't even on the bench today so how fit is he really going to be next week? KWP seems to have picked up a hamstring injury, who starts at right back!?

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Lo Celso - Ndombele - Winks
Eriksen - Kane - Son
I assume?

Though I imagine if those are the personnel involved it'd likely be a diamond with Eriksen just behind Kane and Son.

Is it smart to bring in Aurier and Vertonghen for this without any match sharpness against a rapid Woolwich attack? I remember last season when we rushed Vertonghen in and he gave away a penalty and got sent off.

Wonder if we'll go 3 at the back and utilise Sanchez' pace and perhaps play Sissoko.... Gulp... As a right wing back!?

Fuck knows but I am worried

Todays display has made us all feel this way.
They will treat it like their cup final as they always do but i'm concerned we won;t have the same mindset.

Hope i'm wrong and we use this as the game we need to kick start our season.

Todays display has made us all feel this way.
They will treat it like their cup final as they always do but i'm concerned we won;t have the same mindset.

Hope i'm wrong and we use this as the game we need to kick start our season.

Just cant see it.

This is the fixture I dread more than most every season. I can take losing a close game with Woolwich, its a derby and anything can happen.

But I can't take losing the way we have the last few seasons where they're more up for it. Want it more. Win every first and second ball etc.

Lose this and we are 5 points behind them. Potentially 8 points off the top of the table. Would be without a win in 3 games with just the 1 win from our opening 4 games.

Hopefully the closer the game gets and its clear where we are at with our squad and its fitness, I'll get slightly more confident but right now? It may get ugly.

fIFTsTc.jpg

Gazza, Aurier, Davies, Sanchez, Skipp, Georgiou, Kane

Like that team however, there is no way that Poch leaves Kane on the bench. Eriksen will also likely be gone come Friday.

I'm wondering if that's why he was sat on the bench today and then was perhaps reluctantly selected because Poch had no other cards to play. Time will tell.........

It’s funny how people would post their predicted first 11 and it would look the same for everyone. Nowadays people are posting different combinations something that tells me we haven’t found the winning formula yet.

I’d say we still need a proper DM. Winks is not a DM and we’re not Man City either to play with a Fernandinho type of a player. The only decent DM we have is Dier but when was the last time he’s played in a game?

In a fully fit squad I’d try -
KWP - Sanchez/Toby, Jan/Sanchez - Davies
Dier - NDombele
Lo Celso - Eriksen - Son
Kane

With that being said I don’t know if KWP will be fit to play so there’s Sissoko replacing him unfortunately. The rest of them can fucking start.

Last edited:
Realistically you would've expected 7 points from the first 4 matches (Win v Villa, a loss at the Etihad, win v Newcastle, draw at Woolwich). Still possible if we win on Sunday.

Poch needs to correct his mistakes and start Vertonghen and Eriksen
How can u start a player when he doesn't want to sign new contract and wants to leave?

Has Eriksen performed in last season or did I watched wrong matches?

Don't get me wrong, when he's 100% in he's great player, but let's not pretend like he wasn't wank for most of the last season.

Poch can be criticised for tactics, but don't blame a man for leaving Eriksen on the bench when it's clearly rational decision.

Back
Top Bottom