Whats gone wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's not up to it / Years of under investment

• Poch not up to it

• Years of under investment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Our strongest XI for me is Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Ndombele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dele, Kane.

Our backup XI for me is Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Lamela, Sessegnon, Lucas, Son. (A little harsh on Sonny but it's my preference as I think Dele & Lo Celso in time will offer more against teams that sit deep)

The sooner we have as many of our first choice team in the mix the better. Today we had more players that make my 2nd string than my first XI and that has and will impact our performance. For me Poch isn't doing himself any favours not playing Eriksen or Lo Celso. I'd prefer both over Lamela, especially if Lucas and Sonny are on the pitch at the same time. Nowhere near enough verve or ability to know what's going on around them, it was all a little bit too crash bang and wallop.

Our outfield players today only saw us with Alderweireld, Rose, Winks & Kane from my preferred strongest XI when all are fit and for me it showed. Let's have a little patience until the team and form settles but today was a massive downer.

I pay a grand like most round me (I guess) but they spend the game sitting moaning rather than getting behind the team. We all have our beefs with how the team/club are but our atmosphere is fucking dire.

I sit next to the away fans and it’s embarrassing. I look over at the south stand and it’s no better.

You must be in a section near me and I do feel the same vibe from our own fans. But I can’t criticise them for pissing and moaning when they know they are being cheated by the players. Overall I think we have a very intelligent fan base that understands when a performance is lacking and when we are being mugged off. Anyone who paid money to see today or the shambles against West Ham would be a god to find anything to sing about in that shit show and certainly that’s going to be behind the lack of atmosphere. Mostly in the new stadium, especially in the league, we have seen a lot of turd and that’s why the place is a bit flat. Sad but that is how it feels.

The counter to that negative vibe is that when the players performance is bang on the backing they get form our fans is second to none.

& To be absolutely honest I have never been to any stadium and been more impressed with the home support than I am the away support, that’s just how it is. Our away fans are amazing, sometimes in the most dire of circumstances, watch them generate more atmosphere at the empty crates next week.

Fuck sake. We lost to Newcastle 0-1. Fuck fuck fuck. Not even got Tim Krul to blame this time.

You think he would win trophies up against Klopp and Guardiola over here with our team and budget do you? would he fuck and if he somehow did you would be complaining about the style of football in no time winning or not.
If Mourinho managed our club I would stop going until the cunt left-dont want a wanker like that anywhere near us either.
If simeone would of had the same amount of time and squad as pochettino yes he would of won us 1 or 2 trophies because he has shown he is a winner regardless of the football

or maybe they see us spend 130 million this year, and dont accept "wahhhhhh levy" as a valid argument?
Stop engaging with me then john. I don't reply to your posts. Surely you have the self control to not reply to a levy moaner . Put me on ignore rather than moaning "waahhh you said bad thing about levy".

Last edited:
Of course its not. It's the result I would have expected from the posters who engage on here.
It's not a us versus them poll. It's just a genuine look at who people point the finger of blame at for our worst run of form in years!

If it was the other way around, Im fairly sure there would be a bit more finger pointing from you

Yes, but what is it supposed to be?
Not sure really. Don't think we have the tools to carry out what he wants. Partly his fault for over rating his players. Sticking Eriksen on the bench & having Faith in the likes of lamela for example.

You must be in a section near me and I do feel the same vibe from our own fans. But I can’t criticise them for pissing and moaning when they know they are being cheated by the players. Overall I think we have a very intelligent fan base that understands when a performance is lacking and when we are being mugged off. Anyone who paid money to see today or the shambles against West Ham would be a god to find anything to sing about in that shit show and certainly that’s going to be behind the lack of atmosphere. Mostly in the new stadium, especially in the league, we have seen a lot of turd and that’s why the place is a bit flat. Sad but that is how it feels.

The counter to that negative vibe is that when the players performance is bang on the backing they get form our fans is second to none.

& To be absolutely honest I have never been to any stadium and been more impressed with the home support than I am the away support, that’s just how it is. Our away fans are amazing, sometimes in the most dire of circumstances, watch them generate more atmosphere at the empty crates next week.

Fuck sake. We lost to Newcastle 0-1. Fuck fuck fuck. Not even got Tim Krul to blame this time.

The home atmosphere will never be anything like the away fans and I can accept that. I think the standing issue is a big one plus the type of fan who sits where they sit. At whl we could have a good back and forth with the oppo fans but now it’s just dead.

I am one that thinks the fans should do their part irregardless of the teams performance but I accept that in the uk that we don’t all agree on that.

Surley people want to get something out of their 50 quid even if it is just fun in the stands??

Its bizarre the way our own fans justify this situation by claiming it's impossible to buy a decent striker cos they wont be happy to sit on the bench and watch Kane start every game.
Surely we're a big enough and rich enough club to bring in a player capable of challenging Kane .
He stunk the place out again today. It's the kind of thing thats inevitable when you have no competition for your place.
Shocking state of affairs tbh

Exactly.

It's completely ridiculous to rely solely on one player in that position.
Lucas and Son can do a job if needed but they are not strikers.

Without Llorente we have zero options and it's very risky to gamble on Kane's form and fitness for the whole season

The poll is running very close.
Considering the God like cult that's developed around our owners on here much closer than I thought, anyway.
It seems more people on here than I expected agree that the issus lie at a much deeper level than just the manager and tactics.

On a day of such abject misery, I find that reassuring.

Stop engaging with me then john. I don't reply to your posts. Surely you have the self control to not reply to a levy moaner . Put me on ignore rather than moaning "waahhh you said bad thing about levy".
He's like a bit of dog shit stuck on your shoe. No matter how much you wipe it in the grass, you can't quite shift it.
I don't think I've ever read an insightful post from him.
Just a few one liners only he finds amusing.

never put anyone on ignore, never will.
Im perfectly happy to engage anyone on anything. if you only engage with people that agree with you, it becomes a little self affirming circle jerk, doesnt it?

Our strongest XI for me is Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Ndombele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dele, Kane.

Our backup XI for me is Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies, Dier, Sissoko, Lamela, Sessegnon, Lucas, Son. (A little harsh on Sonny but it's my preference as I think Dele & Lo Celso in time will offer more against teams that sit deep)

The sooner we have as many of our first choice team in the mix the better. Today we had more players that make my 2nd string than my first XI and that has and will impact our performance. For me Poch isn't doing himself any favours not playing Eriksen or Lo Celso. I'd prefer both over Lamela, especially if Lucas and Sonny are on the pitch at the same time. Nowhere near enough verve or ability to know what's going on around them, it was all a little bit too crash bang and wallop.

Our outfield players today only saw us with Alderweireld, Rose, Winks & Kane from my preferred strongest XI when all are fit and for me it showed. Let's have a little patience until the team and form settles but today was a massive downer.
Sorry mate no excuses today a CL team should and has enough talent at their disposal to beat very average team's like this similar to west ham last season, but performance levels are nowhere near good enough and we got away with last week but not today.
We have no style of play still and looking like it won't change because our manager doesn't know how to, and worse still when did poch leave and AVB take over slow possession based football that goes nowhere and hurts no-one boring boring football.

He's like a bit of dog shit stuck on your shoe. No matter how much you wipe it in the grass, you can't quite shift it.
Agreed. Just did a few 1 liner moans about anyone criticising levy. He needs us to feel like a better fan. Another 1 of the I'm a better fan than you brigade.
EDIT: had to put him on ignore in the end. Just less hassle!

Last edited:
The home atmosphere will never be anything like the away fans and I can accept that. I think the standing issue is a big one plus the type of fan who sits where they sit. At whl we could have a good back and forth with the oppo fans but now it’s just dead.

I am one that thinks the fans should do their part irregardless of the teams performance but I accept that in the uk that we don’t all agree on that.

Surley people want to get something out of their 50 quid even if it is just fun in the stands??
6df.jpg

how very grown up Mr Thomas

and I thought you didnt get involved in insulting other people.

Just another turd in the long line of horseshit that you produce, i guess?

Back
Top Bottom