Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because he has no attacking bones in his body. You could replace him with a wall most of the time; Toby passes to Winks, the ball bounces back to Toby. Most of what he does is negative or seems largely pointless, he doesn't play long balls, through balls, spread the ball, his passing range seems to be limited to 10 yards and he isn't great defensively.

He needs to be far more aggressive and offensive in these type of games imo. I think Sissoki has no idea what he's suppose to do as a CM this year, he's just standing around and following KWP like a lost puppy.

Nobody ahead of the defence has passed it forwards more than Winks. he's no Pirlo, but he's definitely not the biggest problem out there.

Fact is we have not grown as a team since that 2nd place in the EPL and now we have a far weaker first team, Winks and Sissoko couldn't tie the boot of Wanyama and Dembele. Walker were better than Trippier and Trippier better than KWP. Toby and Vert were better than Sanchez and anyone, but both have declined, Toby declined Far more than Vert.

I will be extremely disappointed and frustrated if half time changes are not made. Not Poch's usual way of working I know but the last thing we need is to be sitting here waiting for a sub to be made after 70 mins.

I've thought this for a very long time: we need some sort of final 3rd coach to train in penetrative combinations around the box.

We just can't go on like this. #Static

Also, the quicker we get Sissoko out of our line-up the better.

Look, great professional, did a good job last season of not looking as terribly shit as he did in previous years but ffs, we are a team that want to achieve something, right? You can't do that with someone in the MIDDLE of the park who has zero technical ability.

"We're boring" ?
"We're too slow" ?
"Always passing sideways and backwards" ?

Yeah, that's because we have one half of our midfield pairing pointing to where he wants his own team mate to pass the ball (INSTEAD OF HIM) or passing sideways or backwards with the technique of a gazelle on stilts.

Such a shame there's no Ndombele out there today. The reason this is looking like last season is because we are playing this fucking midfield 2.

Just you lot who literally only exist on this forum to moan about the club and everything connected to it. You're entirely miserable, and can't wait even 15 minutes into a match before you start slagging off the manager. Just piss off. Definition of shit supporter.
Judging other fans, moaning all the time about them & basically saying 'I'm a better fan than you' isn't exactly great support either.

Last edited:
I think the tempo is good, the idea is good and it’s the first time we’ve played this team, so for me some decent early signs.

I’d like to see Lo Celso come on later, but feel we’ve got this game.

Love the aggression and press, and don’t know how anyone can say we are slow today.
I can take losing, I can’t take a team littered with half hearted passengers though.

So far hats off to Poch for me. Big statement and more of the old way with relentless forward play and closing down.

But knock yourselves out......suddenly being a negative cunt is cool because Eriksen isn’t playing

None of our players have played anywhere near their best. This Newcastle team will fight for survival at the end of the season, wich just makes it all more sad.

And yes, I want Eriksen on, cos our only decent football this season was against Villa with Eriksen pulling the strings

You spineless whining cockwomble. We have been watching this scenario play out season after season. Clubs come here knowing that they will get hosed if they try to win so they defend in depth and hope for a breakout.
Some get one and still get hosed, and sometimes we get the rub and hose them anyway.
Chill the fuck out, stay with the faith and trust in the players and management.
Seriously, you were whining 10 minutes in.
We have the players, the experience and the infrastructure to do this. Do you really think they are better than us?
Grow a spine

Spineless? You never have the fucking bollocks to post an opinion about what you're seeing but you call me fucking spineless?

Don't make me laugh, I do trust the players and I have said I think we will win still but that doesn't mean what we are seeing is acceptable, I was commenting in the tactical predictability 10 mins in for the exact reason you have just pointed out, we have seen it COUNTLESS times.

I don't think they are better than us, they're shit, that's the whole point, we have had one shot on target against them, at home and conceded a goal.

You can try and spice it up all you like but that's unacceptable, even if we win the game it shouldn't be happening and it happens far too often now.

We have a better squad than Newcastle right NOW so we should be beating them NOW.

This has little to do with transfers and all to do with team selection.
Pick a better team then, clearly Poch has had a falling out with Verts
We have a better squad than Newcastle right NOW so we should be beating them NOW.

This has little to do with transfers and all to do with team selection.
I think you are missing the point, Newcastle were tipped to struggle this season, if our squad is so strong we should be able to rotate, clearly is isn't

Back
Top Bottom