Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These personal vendettas needs to stop between Poch and players. Eriksen is our best creator, Vertonghen is our best defender. Get Eriksen on for some actual creativity sub Lamela off. Then Lo Celso on for Winks around 60 minutes.

I don't want it to seen like I'm picking on him, but that's a classic first half performance by Lamela. The game's simply too fast for him, gets rushed into playing passes that aren't there, wants too many touches, too much time... I don't know how many times we've seen it now. We just don't play well when he starts.

I like Winks and what he brings but do we ever look dangerous when he’s on the pitch? This season we look pedestrian when he’s on the pitch. I’d be subbing him off right now and brining Eriksen on.

This has been pretty horrible, can’t even get Kane on the ball. Lo Celso and Eriksen need to come on ASAP.
Agreed, Winks is a good player but he cant affect a game like this too much, not creative enough.

Kane, Moura, Sissoko and Winks have been poor.

MotM at the moment is KWP....

Celso for one of the CM two at half time would be nice.

Why has Winks been poor. He's been the only one out there who's done what he's supposed to be doing.

What would really help would be putting a proper footballer next to him, instead of a fucking donkey who's got he mental alacrity and of a fucking foot stool.

I don't want it to seen like I'm picking on him, but that's a classic first half performance by Lamela. The game's simply too fast for him, gets rushed into playing passes that aren't there, wants too many touches, too much time... I don't know how many times we've seen it now. We just don't play well when he starts.

LMAO

THis is all you do

Why aren’t Lucas and son playing wide, whenever son gets wide things happen with rose down the left. Just let Harry and lamela attack the box.

Eriksen on for winks just because of the yellow card, I would rather sissoko off but fuck it. They’ve actually had the better chances this is a joke.

Must change it at half time, please Poch for once actually make a half time sub, mike dean is dying to send off winks.

Regarding Son and Lucas - I did tell you.

Absolutely cannot play on the same pitch at the same time.

We wouldn't have looked any worse with Eriksen starting instead of one of them. Like he should have done.

You may call me a "melt" but this highlights our total lack of investment in the transfer window. Newcastle are shit, managed by one of the shittest managers in history and yet we are losing. There is quite a lot of surplus to requirements in this squad, everyone raved about our strength in depth, let's wait and see on that front!!!
We have a better squad than Newcastle right NOW so we should be beating them NOW.

This has little to do with transfers and all to do with team selection.

Sometimes I really dont understand what training goes on before games like these.

Anybody with half a brain knows Newcastle are low on confidence and managed by Steve Bruce, meaning they were coming to park the bus.

Our gameplan seems to not start our best creative player, pass the ball sideways, no movement, long balls to nowhere and play at a snail's pace.

What worries me is every cunt and his dog knows Newcastle would come and play like this except for poch? Sissoko and winks is to defensive for a team that will come and park the bus! Wake the fuck up poch and stop being so fucking arrogant

Back
Top Bottom