Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A summer of shifting Janssen, Trippier (sorry sammyspurs sammyspurs ), Llorente, Vorm, Wanyama, Nkoudou, Onomah & Edwards and at the same time freeing up anything from £300k-£400k per week in wages, as well as getting roughly £50m back from peripheral figures is solid work.

Roughly £20m saved in wages of players that being brutally honest wouldn't have been taking us forward with a further £50m or so tucked in our back pockets is pretty well played if all these deals go through. I do think we need to be keeping Aurier for another season though. Going into the year with KWP & Foyth as our only choices reeks of teams targeting us down the right hand side.

Lot of sadness and (typical us sentiment). Was a 50m CM that no opposition would have enjoyed playing against before the injury .
Yeah absolute beast, terrified the oppo in the tackle and twisted them up #baller, really wanted him to come back to form but it's not meant to be. Just goes to show how fit these guys need to be to perform and why we shouldn't judge so quickly, he went from unplayable to dogshit in the blink of an eye.

Not sure keeping Aurier is going to make a difference to that opposition strategy. He’s hardly a top class defender.

Do you think going into a season with Walker-Peters and Foyth, who literally started learning the role of RB maybe 5-6 months ago gives us significant depth to fall back on across a 50 game season though?

I agree with you, I think Aurier has been a huge let down but to lose both him and Trippier in the same summer with no incomings in that position leaves it a little too threadbare for my liking. For me what have to keep Serge, even if he's really shot himself in the foot during his time with us so far. There's a player somewhere in there but he enjoys the clown life too much and it will hold him back from learning the game properly.

Do you think going into a season with Walker-Peters and Foyth, who literally started learning the role of RB maybe 5-6 months ago gives us significant depth to fall back on across a 50 game season though?

I agree with you, I think Aurier has been a huge let down but to lose both him and Trippier in the same summer with no incomings in that position leaves it a little too threadbare for my liking. For me what have to keep Serge, even if he's really shot himself in the foot during his time with us so far. There's a player somewhere in there but he enjoys the clown life too much and it will hold him back from learning the game properly.
Christ no, we’ve no depth of talent at right back at all. My only argument is that if we get offered anything above a soapy handjob for Aurier, we should take it.

As well playing an empty Tesco bag for life at right back than that accident waiting to happen.

Sadly totally logical. Wanyama's wages probably only make sense if Bruges get through to CL proper which they hope to do next week.

Support Bruges next week ?

Wonder if there are other clubs who fancy Wanyama in case Bruges do NOT get through next week ?

A summer of shifting Janssen, Trippier (sorry sammyspurs sammyspurs ), Llorente, Vorm, Wanyama, Nkoudou, Onomah & Edwards and at the same time freeing up anything from £300k-£400k per week in wages, as well as getting roughly £50m back from peripheral figures is solid work.

Roughly £20m saved in wages of players that being brutally honest wouldn't have been taking us forward with a further £50m or so tucked in our back pockets is pretty well played if all these deals go through. I do think we need to be keeping Aurier for another season though. Going into the year with KWP & Foyth as our only choices reeks of teams targeting us down the right hand side.

Aside from the funds freed up, which is important, probably of equal importance is to free up spaces for Overseas trained players - we currently have one space free and if Wanyama goes a 2nd one free etc.

Helps enormously both in January (when there is one month only) and the summer to know we don't need to start with shedding players to have a couple of spaces immediately available.

Translation :

#Wanyama File:

#Tottenham #Clubbrugge Are ok: 12M € plus bonus. The Brugge club can match the salary of 85,000 euros per week. But #Wanyama hasn't decided yet... Because #THFC in discussions with #ASMonaco the. #MilanAC interested in the sale of Kessie. #mercato

Unsure how reliable but Monaco now also interested in Wanyama - makes sense to have talks with several clubs if Bruges are waiting on the result of their match next week to decide.

With N'Koudou gone, we've finally opened up an 'Overseas Trained' player slot. If the Wanyama deal goes through (as it seems on course to do) we open up two Overseas Trained player slots.

I'd suggest that opening up two slots for Overseas Trained players suggests we'll go into the January TW with the intention of buying one or two players - if suitable quality players are available at 'realistic' prices

It also allows Parrott to be named in our UEFA squad - as he has only been at Spurs for one season and trained in Ireland before he will be deemed to be 'Overseas Trained' player for this season - but an u21 for the following season.

The full squad (after N'Koudou has left)
The players are categorised by position and UEFA designation of Club trained (Club) and Trained by other FA Affiliated Clubs (Assn) or Under 21 (u21), where there is no designation the player is Overseas Trained

Gk’s - Lloris, Gazzaniga
CB’s - Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth (u21)
FB’s - Aurier, Walker Peters (Club), Rose (Club), Davies
CM’s - Ndombele, Winks (Club), Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama, Skipp (u21)
AM’s - Eriksen, Dele (Assn), Son, Moura, Lamela. Lo Celso, Sessegnon (Assn) ,
FWD’s – Kane (Club)

There are a number of u21 players in the development squad who may also step up to the first team squad during the season including Parrott, Tanganga, White and others

UEFA Player Designation Summary

The squad shows the number of players designated as :

Overseas Trained (maximum 17) : 16
Club Trained : 4
Trained by other FA Affiliated Club : 2
U21’s – 2 (Foyth, Skipp, )
Total - 24 Players
N'Koudo was so far down the shit list, he would have been dropped from registration if a Polish builder came knocking and offered to play.

Back
Top Bottom