Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not if he's said I'll only agree to the transfer if you pay up the rest of my contract...

In practice if the player is going to a club paying a higher wage the subject doesn't come up.

It's only if the player is going to a club paying a lower wage is the subject going to be a major debate I suspect.
No cos paying up your contract either way is an enormous amount of money that you wouldn’t forego if you were entitled

Your not entitled if you agree the transfer

It’s not like sacking a player and paying up his contract to get him out the club (which happens with managers for obvious reasons)

Not if he's said I'll only agree to the transfer if you pay up the rest of my contract...

In practice if the player is going to a club paying a higher wage the subject doesn't come up.

It's only if the player is going to a club paying a lower wage is the subject going to be a major debate I suspect.
well they can say that. It’s not going to happen

They might say look I’m not moving cos I’m not taking a drop in wage (Sanchez / Ozil syndrome) and then the club decides whether to supplement the wage to ease the wage burden

well they can say that. It’s not going to happen

They might say look I’m not moving cos I’m not taking a drop in wage (Sanchez / Ozil syndrome) and then the club decides whether to supplement the wage to ease the wage burden

Sure,a drop in wages is a good reason for a deal not going through

Sometimes a longer contract at the new club helps.

All part of the fun of a transfer - players have a big say in whether a transfer goes through, and wages to them is their interest

With N'Koudou gone, we've finally opened up an 'Overseas Trained' player slot. If the Wanyama deal goes through (as it seems on course to do) we open up two Overseas Trained player slots.

I'd suggest that opening up two slots for Overseas Trained players suggests we'll go into the January TW with the intention of buying one or two players - if suitable quality players are available at 'realistic' prices

It also allows Parrott to be named in our UEFA squad - as he has only been at Spurs for one season and trained in Ireland before he will be deemed to be 'Overseas Trained' player for this season - but an u21 for the following season.

The full squad (after N'Koudou has left)
The players are categorised by position and UEFA designation of Club trained (Club) and Trained by other FA Affiliated Clubs (Assn) or Under 21 (u21), where there is no designation the player is Overseas Trained

Gk’s - Lloris, Gazzaniga
CB’s - Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth (u21)
FB’s - Aurier, Walker Peters (Club), Rose (Club), Davies
CM’s - Ndombele, Winks (Club), Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama, Skipp (u21)
AM’s - Eriksen, Dele (Assn), Son, Moura, Lamela. Lo Celso, Sessegnon (Assn) ,
FWD’s – Kane (Club)

There are a number of u21 players in the development squad who may also step up to the first team squad during the season including Parrott, Tanganga, White and others

UEFA Player Designation Summary

The squad shows the number of players designated as :

Overseas Trained (maximum 17) : 16
Club Trained : 4
Trained by other FA Affiliated Club : 2
U21’s – 2 (Foyth, Skipp, )
Total - 24 Players

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom