Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s going to keep refs honest even you’re not a fan of var

Be interesting to see at the end of the year what refs got the most decisions over turned
They should have a referee table. The most inconsistent refs with the most decisions overturned should go down to the Championship. The best of the Championship get promoted to the PL.

They should have a referee table. The most inconsistent refs with the most decisions overturned should go down to the Championship. The best of the Championship get promoted to the PL.

That would be great. I'm sure there are some good refs out there that can fight for promotion!

Just need son and Moura to stay wide. Both love coming inside or playing through the channels and it limits the space for Kane to play in. They need to be out on the touchline making runs diagonally behind the defense and putting balls across the box. Of course, they should mix it up, but we don't want all 3 playing in the 18 yard box, it reduces our effectiveness greatly against teams who sit back.

Think you can get caught up in who ‘deserves’ to play. Lamela has a goal and an assist in his first 2 matches but I’d still rather son started over him. Play your best players in every game

Think you can get caught up in who ‘deserves’ to play. Lamela has a goal and an assist in his first 2 matches but I’d still rather son started over him. Play your best players in every game
Forgive me for the correction but I would say ...Play your best suited players in every game....relative to the opposition. But I totally agree....a spearhead of Moura, Kane and Son please :thumbup:

Forgive me for the correction but I would say ...Play your best suited players in every game....relative to the opposition. But I totally agree....a spearhead of Moura, Kane and Son please :thumbup:
Yeah I should have said in these sorts of games to be honest. But form is kind of irrelevant this early on. I like lamela I just think Son offers so much more

Geez... ESPN here in the states says,

Woolwich will become kings of north London again
What was all the fuss about a power shift in north London? Woolwich are back in the driver's seat and there to stay, with the Premier League's most lethal centre-forward double-act (Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette) backed up by a balanced, energetic midfield and a bolstered back line.
Unai Emery has turned his side from stodgy to sleek, introducing the excellent Real Madrid loanee Dani Ceballos -- whose tenacity set up Aubameyang's winner against Burnley -- and showing faith in exciting homegrown midfielder Joe Willock.
It has given them a shot of energy that will surely create more chances for Aubameyang, who already has two goals to his name, and Lacazette. Given that £72m summer signing Nicolas Pepe is still being eased in, not to mention the fact that attacking left-back Kieran Tierney is still returning to fitness, Woolwich will only become more potent -- and the two-point gap they have already established over Spurs, whose attacking depth still seems light, will prove crucial by the end of the campaign.

Do they even... I mean.... what? They beat Newcastle by 1 goal and Burnley by 1 goal at home, and they're talking about a two point gap after 2 matches, and one of our matches has been away at the Etihad. What are they paying these writers for?

What was all the fuss about a power shift in north London? Woolwich are back in the driver's seat and there to stay, with the Premier League's most lethal centre-forward double-act (Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette) backed up by a balanced, energetic midfield and a bolstered back line.
Unai Emery has turned his side from stodgy to sleek, introducing the excellent Real Madrid loanee Dani Ceballos -- whose tenacity set up Aubameyang's winner against Burnley -- and showing faith in exciting homegrown midfielder Joe Willock.
It has given them a shot of energy that will surely create more chances for Aubameyang, who already has two goals to his name, and Lacazette. Given that £72m summer signing Nicolas Pepe is still being eased in, not to mention the fact that attacking left-back Kieran Tierney is still returning to fitness, Woolwich will only become more potent -- and the two-point gap they have already established over Spurs, whose attacking depth still seems light, will prove crucial by the end of the campaign.

Do they even... I mean.... what? They beat Newcastle by 1 goal and Burnley by 1 goal at home, and they're talking about a two point gap after 2 matches, and one of our matches has been away at the Etihad. What are they paying these writers for?

They've clearly been listening to Adrian 'Ars'nal are the only team that can challenge City & Liverpool' Durham and not seen through the call-baiting..... :avbfacepalm:

let them talk, it will make it sweeter should they fall.

Last edited:

Someone actually wrote this. Fuck

Fuck me if the fixtures had been reversed we'd be 3 points in front of Woolwich!! What planet's he on?! Boosted back line? It's worse. They lost a half decent centre back and replaced him with a clown!

Back
Top Bottom