Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I told my brother before the corner that I fully expected the cunts to score and when they did I said "Told you fucking so"...never felt happier eating my words...

I felt the same and said to Mrs B about VAR being our only hope and she said well you never know

Get fucking in was my next remark which cost me a meal later on

City fans have well and truly overtaken Utd in the privileged, self important, sore loser stakes.

I presume its down to a massive influx of JCL's jumping on the hype train. But i see plenty of old school blue mooners justifying their position because they "did their time in the trenches".

According to their manager they "dignify the sport" and are "an honest team for the people"

Well i guess that blood money earned gold plated Bugatti owning human rights abusers are still "people" too.

But the "honest" part is a bit of a stretch.
A small nuclear device hidden in Manchester would solve everything.

The Lamela / Rodri incident? - very debatable, VAR isn't designed to completely irradiate borderline calls on fouls.

It can though, with the revised handball laws, say that the City goal 100% should be ruled out. Same with offsides. And they had already sorted goal line decisions to being 100% correct every time.

And the refs don't decide when it is or isn't used, every goal and major incident is automatically reviewed - it has nothing to do with refs discretion in the PL games.

Seems to me that the only people complaining are fans, where a rule change has cost them before its rewarded them, and pundits because they can't be arsed to learn the new laws.
Do you mean eradicate? I would hate to see footballers irradiated.

I do believe we've found a rival to Liverpool for the poor little victims -

Manchester City’s Troubled History with VAR

The first incident occurred on 20 February 2019 when Manchester City traveled to Schalke for the first leg of the Champions League Round of 16. During the match, full back Daniel Caligiuri danced at the top of the Manchester City box and unleashed a shot toward goal. His effort was blocked by City centreback Nicolás Otamendi and referee Carlos del Cerro Grande awarded Schalke a corner. After a review of the play via VAR, however, del Cerro Grande reversed his decision and awarded Schalke a penalty. According to VAR, the ball had struck Otamendi’s arm which was deemed to be in an unnatural position. City would go on to win the match 2-3, but many argued the Argentine could have done nothing to move his arm.

City would fall victim to another VAR decision just two months later in the second leg of the Champions League Quarter-final against Tottenham Hotspur. Trailing 1-0 on aggregate, City knew they needed to come out strong. The Sky Blues would score an early goal, but Tottenham Hotspur then scored two goals in quick succession to take control of the tie. By the start of the second half, Manchester City were ahead 4-2 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

What transpired was the first of two unfavourable decisions against the club. During the 72 minute, Spurs won a corner. The ball was delivered into the box and striker Fernando Llorente sent the ball into City’s goal but replays showed he had handled the ball. To the surprise of many, VAR allowed the goal to stand and this led to a series of boos from the City supporters.

Minutes later, Manchester City believed they had won the game on aggregate in the 90+5 minute when City winger Raheem Sterling sent the ball past Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. To the dismay of the City fans, however, the goal was disallowed by VAR as Sergio Agüero was deemed to be offside. Some argued Christen Eriksen’s deflected backward pass should have played Agüero onside, but City lost on aggregate and were eliminated from the competition.

I do believe we've found a rival to Liverpool for the poor little victims -

Manchester City’s Troubled History with VAR

The first incident occurred on 20 February 2019 when Manchester City traveled to Schalke for the first leg of the Champions League Round of 16. During the match, full back Daniel Caligiuri danced at the top of the Manchester City box and unleashed a shot toward goal. His effort was blocked by City centreback Nicolás Otamendi and referee Carlos del Cerro Grande awarded Schalke a corner. After a review of the play via VAR, however, del Cerro Grande reversed his decision and awarded Schalke a penalty. According to VAR, the ball had struck Otamendi’s arm which was deemed to be in an unnatural position. City would go on to win the match 2-3, but many argued the Argentine could have done nothing to move his arm.

City would fall victim to another VAR decision just two months later in the second leg of the Champions League Quarter-final against Tottenham Hotspur. Trailing 1-0 on aggregate, City knew they needed to come out strong. The Sky Blues would score an early goal, but Tottenham Hotspur then scored two goals in quick succession to take control of the tie. By the start of the second half, Manchester City were ahead 4-2 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate.

What transpired was the first of two unfavourable decisions against the club. During the 72 minute, Spurs won a corner. The ball was delivered into the box and striker Fernando Llorente sent the ball into City’s goal but replays showed he had handled the ball. To the surprise of many, VAR allowed the goal to stand and this led to a series of boos from the City supporters.

Minutes later, Manchester City believed they had won the game on aggregate in the 90+5 minute when City winger Raheem Sterling sent the ball past Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. To the dismay of the City fans, however, the goal was disallowed by VAR as Sergio Agüero was deemed to be offside. Some argued Christen Eriksen’s deflected backward pass should have played Agüero onside, but City lost on aggregate and were eliminated from the competition.
Christ do they forget the Rose penalty ?

A team funded by a repressive State, who bought their way to the top, not content with normal revenue streams started sponsoring themselves, admitted guilt in breaking the rules, and who won three trophies last season are moaning about the world being against them. God help us all. You are the real victims citeh - not the slave labourers of Qatar or UAE.

Last edited:
A team funded by a repressive state, who bought their way to the top, not content with normal revenue streams started sponsoring themselves, admitted guilt in breaking the rules, and who won three trophies last season are moaning about the world being against them. God help us all. You are the real victims citeh - not the slave labourers of Qatar.

Holy shit... Only skimmed through a few posts but they really do believe there's a big web of conspiracy behind all this.

Obviously Chelsea will always run them close, but never mind Liverpool's annoying cult-isms; they really are the most putrid thing in football right now!

Last edited:
Hope no City Fans play charades.....every time the answer is a Television Show they'll go bloody mental :thumbup:
38e5kk.jpg

Holy shit... Only skimmed through a few posts but they really do believe there a big web of conspiracy behind all this.

Obviously Chelsea will always run them close, but never mind Liverpool's annoying cult-isms; they really are the most putrid thing in football right now!

I know I took the piss with the charades pic but I've just read through them as well and talk about paranoia starting to set in 😯. A few more games with decisions going against them and their fans could get really violent. The last thing we want VAR to do is bring back those sad days again.
To suggest corruption and 'the world is against us' at this early stage of the season shows the arrogance of the supporters and the total belief in their team's invincibility if not for newly introduced 'dodgy' technology.
The irony is that this mega rich football club is insinuating bribery,corruption and match fixing going on.....having a laugh.

I know I took the piss with the charades pic but I've just read through them as well and talk about paranoia starting to set in 😯. A few more games with decisions going against them and their fans could get really violent. The last thing we want VAR to do is bring back those sad days again.
To suggest corruption and 'the world is against us' at this early stage of the season shows the arrogance of the supporters and the total belief in their team's invincibility if not for newly introduced 'dodgy' technology.
The irony is that this mega rich football club is insinuating bribery,corruption and match fixing going on.....having a laugh.

Indeed..... A mega rich club that is; whom happily flaunts the rules on the declared basis that they can comfortably financially outgun the authorities when it comes to legal representation in court.

The club and in turn the fans believe they're beyond reproach.

The one thing they can't buy and they're up in arms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom