Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citeh 0-5 Spurs

Well done Academy. 5 on show yesterday at the home of the PL holders

Kane
Rose
Winks
KWP
Skipp

And another Englishman who came to us very young and raw, Walker.
I must admit, I struggle with Rose being called a Spurs academy player. He joined as a pro and had been on Leeds' first team bench.

I guess it just means he didn't go straight into the first team, unlike Lennon who must have been about the same age when he came but went straight to the first team.
Sure, but it almost seems to credit us for the work Leeds did.

I guess Rose was a bit like Etete - signed on a pro to join the second years.

I must admit, I struggle with Rose being called a Spurs academy player. He joined as a pro and had been on Leeds' first team bench.
Yes I know what you mean.

However, I'd say he arrived as a championship level at best left winger. In terms of improving raw youth, I can't think of too many better examples - very average left winger to the best English left back in the country at his prime.

Starts with purely being a definition by PL and UEFA - must have been at a club for at least 3 years before the age of 21, and Rose I think joined aged 17 and spent his first season playing for Spurs u18's.

Kids move round Academies a lot when younger before signing up to a scholarship at a club - even Kane spent a season at Woolwich and another at Watford before joining Spurs, and probably would have trialled at a few more. So whilst some kids sign on at some football clubs academies at a young age (eg 8), many do not, which is why the definition came in.

However as White Van Jan White Van Jan says the Rose we have today is not the Rose who arrived from Leeds. He arrived as a LW, played in Spurs u18's as a CM, before being converted to a LB (I think whilst on loan at Bristol City) and became established as a decent LB whilst on loan at Championship Sunderland.

So Rose like many kids, are really the product of multiple clubs, in this case supervised on his journey by Spurs from the age of 17 after Leeds almost went bust.

Worth recalling as well that Rose was one of 3 'good prospects' leaving Leeds at about the same time - the other 2 went to Chelsea and (I think) are now playing non league football !

Nice loan for Georgiou.

Definitely something he's needed for a few seasons now. Don't know how much benefit the Levante B loan was for him but League One football will be good for him.

Hopefully he's played at left back.

Tanganga new contract announcement would be welcome now.

Nice loan for Georgiou.

Definitely something he's needed for a few seasons now. Don't know how much benefit the Levante B loan was for him but League One football will be good for him.

Hopefully he's played at left back.

Tanganga new contract announcement would be welcome now.
I hope he's played midfield.

I hope he's played midfield.

I personally think if he wants to make a decent football league career, it's left back where he succeeds. But I wish him good luck either way.

He's not going to make it here but I think he's talented enough to play at a good level. To think, he's the same age as Ndombele.

Might go see Ipswich tomorrow evening.. think Georgiou will do well for them but at 22 now? You'd think that this is a shop window loan so we can sell him to a league 1/championship side come Jan

Starts with purely being a definition by PL and UEFA - must have been at a club for at least 3 years before the age of 21, and Rose I think joined aged 17 and spent his first season playing for Spurs u18's.

Kids move round Academies a lot when younger before signing up to a scholarship at a club - even Kane spent a season at Woolwich and another at Watford before joining Spurs, and probably would have trialled at a few more. So whilst some kids sign on at some football clubs academies at a young age (eg 8), many do not, which is why the definition came in.

However as White Van Jan White Van Jan says the Rose we have today is not the Rose who arrived from Leeds. He arrived as a LW, played in Spurs u18's as a CM, before being converted to a LB (I think whilst on loan at Bristol City) and became established as a decent LB whilst on loan at Championship Sunderland.

So Rose like many kids, are really the product of multiple clubs, in this case supervised on his journey by Spurs from the age of 17 after Leeds almost went bust.

Worth recalling as well that Rose was one of 3 'good prospects' leaving Leeds at about the same time - the other 2 went to Chelsea and (I think) are now playing non league football !
I'm sure you're right there.

I remember in the past looking out of curiosity who they were, but of course I've forgotten their names as they've sunk into complete obscurity.

I've remarked before that Rose should thank his lucky stars he didn't end up at the Chavs with his mates. I don't think they'll be looking forward to retirement after hanging up their boots. Über drivers more like.

Might go see Ipswich tomorrow evening.. think Georgiou will do well for them but at 22 now? You'd think that this is a shop window loan so we can sell him to a league 1/championship side come Jan

Might be a bit early to see him tomorrow evening.

But interested to hear how he gets on and where he plays when you do go.

Don't think he has a long term future at Spurs given he's already 22 but he's a 'nearly man' for us at both LB and LW where he doesn't tick all the boxes we need, but he will upset some sides with his speed.

Might be a bit early to see him tomorrow evening.

But interested to hear how he gets on and where he plays when you do go.

Don't think he has a long term future at Spurs given he's already 22 but he's a 'nearly man' for us at both LB and LW where he doesn't tick all the boxes we need, but he will upset some sides with his speed.

Speaking to my mate who goes to Ipswich home and away (poor sod).. he reckons that they're hardly have a big squad and desperate for players.. would not be surprised if he is thrown straight in against Wimbledon!

Should boss it against league 1 defenders on his pace alone.

He actually signed a new contract in July which strangely was just until next year.

Noticed that.

Latest rumours a few weeks back though were he and the club were close to agreeing a brand new deal following his pre-season performances.

Considering his contract is up at the end of the season, you'd expect that to happen sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom