Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meanwhile our former “Champo” RB is living the dream in Madrid at one Europe’s biggest clubs, and opening his debut with an assist

Good for Trippier.

Those key board warriors slaughtering him last season, might want to look at themselves to question whether their judgement was right.

Only good thing for their work is it seems to have worked out nicely so far for both Trippier and KWP.

And there are not too many outstanding RB's available atm.

KWP was exceptionally poor yesterday - doesn’t mean he’s doomed as a RB with but to dress it up any other way is laughable. Going to gym doesn’t improve your decision making - lol
I' m beginning to think that maybe you don't understand football a bit. Exceptionally poor? GIVE ME THE GOOD WEED MY FRIEND.

Good for Trippier.

Those key board warriors slaughtering him last season, might want to look at themselves to question whether their judgement was right.

Only good thing for their work is it seems to have worked out nicely so far for both Trippier and KWP.

And there are not too many outstanding RB's available atm.
Trippier is a much better fit at the tactical setup at Atleti than Spurs. He got unfairly blamed, but it's not like we sold him because Poch reads the comments. We sold him because we didn't think he was good enough at what Poch wanted him to do.

No one doubts Tripps going forward and his crossing ability.

Trippier is a much better fit at the tactical setup at Atleti than Spurs. He got unfairly blamed, but it's not like we sold him because Poch reads the comments. We sold him because we didn't think he was good enough at what Poch wanted him to do.

No one doubts Tripps going forward and his crossing ability.

Fair comments.

Although I do think unduly critical social media over a length of time does get back to players, which in turn may influence things such as their play in matches and their desire (or otherwise) to stay with the club.

Yep, his crossing was low percentage, unbalanced the team as most crosses failed to find a Spurs shirt and meant we conceded possession of the ball with him stuck a mile up the pitch (along with AM's also taken out of the game as the ball didn't find them too) unable to then get back and compounded last year with us devoid of a decent midfield meant we conceded more shots on our goal since Poch become our manager. Not rocket science to those that "watch football".

Unless you look at his assist stats only and fail to notice just how many attempted crosses failed, then realise that most assists he got for us came against Hull and Watford and the others weren't crosses but came from throw-ins and other situations other than fucking crosses, only then the penny should drop.

Yep, his crossing was low percentage, unbalanced the team as most crosses failed to find a Spurs shirt and meant we conceded possession of the ball with him stuck a mile up the pitch (along with AM's also taken out of the game as the ball didn't find them too) unable to then get back and compounded last year with us devoid of a decent midfield meant we conceded more shots on our goal since Poch become our manager. Not rocket science to those that "watch football".

Unless you look at his assist stats only and fail to notice just how many attempted crosses failed, then realise that most assists he got for us came against Hull and Watford and the others weren't crosses but came from throw-ins and other situations other than fucking crosses, only then the penny should drop.

Hes started very well at a massively successful club under a better manager than Pochettino....good on him.
Meanwhile, its dawned on everyone that KWP isnt actually "vastly superior"

:defoe:

Hes started very well at a massively successful club under a better manager than Pochettino....good on him.
Meanwhile, its dawned on everyone that KWP isnt actually "vastly superior"

:defoe:
I literally can't believe this post, off the back of KWP playing far better than Tripps ever did against City. In fact, EVERY league game Tripps played against City he was ripped a new arsehole and was directly responsible for many of their goals scored!

If ever a game demonstrated that KWP is superior to Frodo it was the game just gone against City.

You keep crying into your Tripps pillowcase though, we sold the useless shit and are now playing with a better player, who has a huge upside in the fact that he's only 22yrs old with years of improvement to come.

#ownofourown Too!!!

Last edited:

Here's a thought.... Maybe the civil war can finally end now he's no longer here?

The GAFFA opted to sell him so it's all a bit moot now really.

Fair comments.

Although I do think unduly critical social media over a length of time does get back to players, which in turn may influence things such as their play in matches and their desire (or otherwise) to stay with the club.

The stuff he got on social media was way over the top, even now he's been sold for a profit to Spain, some (complete wanker) Spurs fans are commenting on his IG posts still calling him shit etc. and saying KWP is better (he's not IMO).

What makes it worse is that he was a model pro, did a lot for charities and in the community with Spurs, always worked his socks off and that's the kind of shit he gets/got from some of the support.

I literally can't believe this post, off the back of KWP playing far better than Tripps ever did against City. In fact, EVERY league game Tripps played against City he was ripped a new arsehole and was directly responsible for many of their goals scored!

If ever a game demonstrated that KWP is superior to Frodo it was the game just gone against City.

You keep crying into your Tripps pillowcase though, we sold the useless shit and are now playing with a better player, who has a huge upside in the fact that he's only 22yrs old with years of improvement to come.

#ownofourown Too!!!

I love KWP mate, its no problem

Not saying you don't Sammy.

But can you at least concede that KWP's performance at the weekend (by no means perfect) was better than Tripps's games against the same opposition in the league? This is the only point I'm making.

Yeah, can you concede that Trippier ran the shit out of Real madrid and was better than KWP was against Barca though?

So what....if anyone thinks we're stronger without Trippier, even as an option, well words fail me

Yeah, can you concede that Trippier ran the shit out of Real madrid and was better than KWP was against Barca though?

So what....if anyone thinks we're stronger without Trippier, even as an option, well words fail me

Contary to what you and many other people think I praised EVERYONE of his handfull of good games. Bellow are my posts after the game in his thread!
Great first half from him today. Never seen him so energetic. Second half though he was getting shredded. Aurier still my pick but I don’t want to pour cold water on him tonight though. First half he was superb!
Fantastic in the first half, very advanced. He even done a dribble.

KWP made one mistake against Barca and was punished, he really grew into the game after that mistake, didn't let it eat him up, he ended up playing more than OK just as we did as a team, were it not for their 'keeper we would have scored 5 or 6 that night as we dominated them for the most of that game.

KWP is the better of the two players and he's only 22yrs old. He's not by a long chalk the best RB in the league, he has miles to go, but he's already better than Tripps who's 28yrs old. We had 44% possession against City, seeing as we barely got over the halfway line it shows that this possession was largely played in our half, by our defenders, as we played out from the back. Trust me on this now, we wouldn't have been able to do that with Tripps.

Don't get the bunting out, I'm making this point merely to point out we now have a player that enables us to build from the back whilst still being pressed (and at the weekend we were pressed by the best team in the World at pressing), they only turned the ball over a couple of times (against our defence)!!

From this base, we can start to dominate the oppo again. It's not the end game, it's the beginning but isolate everything else in that game and look how our defenders kept the ball with City aggressively pressing us. It's really encouraging.

We had a huge problem at RB and we've removed it by getting rid of it. KWP isn't the answer to our RB prayers but he's the springboard from which to build from and he's better than the problem that we got rid of.

Contary to what you and many other people think I praised EVERYONE of his handfull of good games. Bellow are my posts after the game in his thread!

KWP made one mistake against Barca and was punished, he really grew into the game after that mistake, didn't let it eat him up, he ended up playing more than OK just as we did as a team, were it not for their 'keeper we would have scored 5 or 6 that night as we dominated them for the most of that game.

KWP is the better of the two players and he's only 22yrs old. He's not by a long chalk the best RB in the league, he has miles to go, but he's already better than Tripps who's 28yrs old. We had 44% possession against City, seeing as we barely got over the halfway line it shows that this possession was largely played in our half, by our defenders, as we played out from the back. Trust me on this now, we wouldn't have been able to do that with Tripps.

Don't get the bunting out, I'm making this point merely to point out we now have a player that enables us to build from the back whilst still being pressed (and at the weekend we were pressed by the best team in the World at pressing), they only turned the ball over a couple of times (against our defence)!!

From this base, we can start to dominate the oppo again. It's not the end game, it's the beginning but isolate everything else in that game and look how our defenders kept the ball with City aggressively pressing us. It's really encouraging.

We had a huge problem at RB and we've removed it by getting rid of it. KWP isn't the answer to our RB prayers but he's the springboard from which to build from and he's better than the problem that we got rid of.
Yeah just 1 mistake that put us on the brink of elimination until Moura equalized in the dying minutes. If that was Trippier you'd be slagging him off for years. Our problem at RB has hardly been resolved. You and I both know the club's priority signing will be a RB in the next window.

Yeah just 1 mistake that put us on the brink of elimination until Moura equalized in the dying minutes. If that was Trippier you'd be slagging him off for years. Our problem at RB has hardly been resolved. You and I both know the club's priority signing will be a RB in the next window.
Best you re-read what I have written mate, in all of my last 3 or 4 posts. You're just making stuff up about what I posted or you are a thick as shit.

This is my main gripe, too. Rose rarely loses in a one on one and if he does he normally "buys" a foul.

But Rose's thicker set physiology means he is/will be finished at the top level 5-6 years before KWP might be. He (Rose) is now carrying loads of spent metabolic residue, which will manifest as injuries and/or aging.

KWP just needs some core strengthening work, he must not thicken up (IMO). If he does, IMO, he will end up like Aurier, unable to carry the metabolic load and getting continually injured (he appears to me as typical of a player carrying too high muscle relative to skeletal frame, for one who needs to be like a middle distance runner, maybe 5kg too much).

He is Ashley Cole, almost identical, that is his friend, it gives him the best oxygen potential, skinny, low metobolic turnover, higher resistance to game fatigue. Better able to cope with mid-long term demands modern full backs must have.

Last edited:
But Rose's thicker set physiology means he is/will be finished at the top level 5-6 years before KWP might be. He (Rose) is now carrying loads of spent metabolic residue, which will manifest as injuries and/or aging.

KWP just needs some core strengthening work, he must not thicken up (IMO). If he does, IMO, he will end up like Aurier, unable to carry the metabolic load and getting continually injured (he appears to me as typical of a player carrying too high muscle relative to skeletal frame, for one who needs to be like a middle distance runner, maybe 5kg too much).

He is Ashley Cole, almost identical, that is his friend, it gives him the best oxygen potential, skinny, low matobolic turnover, higher resistance to game fatigue. Better able to cope with mid-long term demands modern full backs must have.

Fuck 'em up Zesty! :tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom