Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regained possession more times (6) than any other Spurs player today.

Recovered the ball from a City player more than any other Spurs player on the pitch ... maybe you and Blakey need a separate "we hate Sissoko" thread .... when very clearly your post match comments bear little resemblance to reality ... a tough game for sure, but at least get the facts right, no question Sissoko achieved very little but he did put in another full shift.

We've done this before, it's the most meaningless fucking stat there is:

Recovery
This is where a player recovers the ball in a situation where neither team has possession or where the ball has been played directly to him by an opponent, thus securing possession for their team. It's not a tackle, an interception or even a turnover as a result of pressure.

We've done this before, it's the most meaningless fucking stat there is:

Recovery
This is where a player recovers the ball in a situation where neither team has possession or where the ball has been played directly to him by an opponent, thus securing possession for their team. It's not a tackle, an interception or even a turnover as a result of pressure.

It's about being in the right place at the right time week after week ... a fact you simply don't understand ... that says more about your bias against a player than about the game being played in front of your very eyes.

Sissoko is good at what he does, sadly Blakey doesn't understand what he does and will endlessly go on and on and on and on about it ... think we've all registered your opinion ... you need to accept that most of us simply don't agree with you. Sissoko is a beast, he's our beast, suck it up ....

I love you lot - none of you have me on ignore, you actually love to get offended just to show everyone what a virtuous supporter you are.

Mick Cooper - the Mary Whitehouse of the forum world.
Me telling you what a God awful poster you are get transposed into me making a statement about what a great poster I am does it?
You and other destructive, toxic posters of your ilk would see things that way, because your ego makes you blind to the fact that constant carping criticism, negativity based analysis and repetitive moaning about the club/team/players/tactics/manager etc just pisses people who want to enjoy all of the above - off.
I don't believe that I'm a great poster or supporter at all - but I am a supporter who knows that I cant change a damn thing that goes on by whining on here all the time.
The only reason I read your posts is that I'm terrified you'll get binned and I'll miss the pleasure of seeing it happen. That is literally all you mean to me.

Me telling you what a God awful poster you are get transposed into me making a statement about what a great poster I am does it?
You and other destructive, toxic posters of your ilk would see things that way, because your ego makes you blind to the fact that constant carping criticism, negativity based analysis and repetitive moaning about the club/team/players/tactics/manager etc just pisses people who want to enjoy all of the above - off.
I don't believe that I'm a great poster or supporter at all - but I am a supporter who knows that I cant change a damn thing that goes on by whining on here all the time.
The only reason I read your posts is that I'm terrified you'll get binned and I'll miss the pleasure of seeing it happen. That is literally all you mean to me.

You have seen me carded numerous times - it’s nothing new so now that has passed you can put me on ignore.

I dare you to or is it as I say you are the self appointed forum police who believes he sets the parameters for acceptable discussion on here ( and seemingly believe he represents everyone else as well).

As I said before you are a the Mary Whitehouse of the forum - you don’t have to read my posts, you don’t have to participate but you choose to because you want get to offended and because you want to virtue signal. That’s why why you don’t have me or someone like Bus Conductor on ignore ( what is your excuse with not having him ignore - he never gets carded?).

Just be honest about it - don’t fabricate ridiculous reasons about enjoying people being carded.

Last edited:
You have seen me carded numerous times - it’s nothing new so now that has passed you can put me on ignore.

I dare you to or is it as I say you are the self appointed forum police who believes he sets the parameters for acceptable discussion on here ( and seemingly believe he represents everyone else as well).

As I said before you are a the Mary Whitehouse of the forum - you don’t have to read my posts, you don’t have to participate but you choose to because you want get to offended and because you want to virtue signal. That’s why why you don’t have me or someone like Bus Conductor on ignore ( what is your excuse with not having him ignore - he never gets carded?).

Just be honest about it - don’t fabricate ridiculous reasons about enjoying people being carded.
I dont represent or seek to speak for anyone, but if you insist on continually trotting out your turgid agenda I have the right to pass my opinions on it.
I'm not on any moral crusade, I just happen to believe your opinions to be wrong.
You stop pushing them and I'll stop criticising them.

He's simply no longer needed in our starting eleven. We've replaced him. Nothing wrong with that, it needed to be done.

This. As well as he did last year lets not pretend we don't want better. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Very happy to have him in the squad now and there's plenty of game time for him on rotation etc - thats a lot more than we all thought we'd ever say a year or so ago.

I have the right to pass my opinions on it.
I'm not on any moral crusade, I just happen to believe your opinions to be wrong.
This is probably going to be considered a dig, but it’s more of an observation and something you may not be aware of:

The majority of your posts on here are criticisms of other posters. Very little do you share your own thoughts on the matter at hand. An example being here, where your last few posts have been to attack another poster but not discuss your own thoughts on our rampaging midfield bag of limbs.

I’m aware of the irony of me posting about you and not Sissoko, but i think if you took some heed, you may come across a lot less abrasive to others. Well within your rights to tell me to piss off though.

This is probably going to be considered a dig, but it’s more of an observation and something you may not be aware of:

The majority of your posts on here are criticisms of other posters. Very little do you share your own thoughts on the matter at hand. An example being here, where your last few posts have been to attack another poster but not discuss your own thoughts on our rampaging midfield bag of limbs.

I’m aware of the irony of me posting about you and not Sissoko, but i think if you took some heed, you may come across a lot less abrasive to others. Well within your rights to tell me to piss off though.
the problem with this site is the perennial loop of cuntery between a large group of posters. Too many agendas for a start, but the way some folk react just fans the flames.

the problem with this site is the perennial loop of cuntery between a large group of posters. Too many agendas for a start, but the way some folk react just fans the flames.
I am guilty of it myself, but trying to stay more on topic.

Sissoko couldn’t trap cement.

See? 😇

I am guilty of it myself, but trying to stay more on topic.

Sissoko couldn’t trap cement.

See? 😇
i can only imagine he must have been physically monstrous as a kid. Not sure how else a professional, and international, footballer is so unable to do the single most fundamental thing and was never taken aside and taught it properly... i mean, its literally day 1 stuff.

I wonder why at 22 he didn’t think. You know what my tekkers when striking a ball is basically abysmal

And spend a few years with a decent coach in that area ironing out the flaws

Because it really is that bad

I don’t think you can get better at something unless the ability is there. The ability for Sissoko to strike a ball accurately with venom simply isn’t there.

Remember how many years we used to say “when Aaron Lennon adds a consistent, quality delivery to his armoury he’ll be world class?” Until one day everyone came to the realisation it was 2014 and he was already 27.

Young players show their good attributes from early - the same things that make Harry Kane a world class striker today are the same raw attributes that he showed glimpses of pre 2014.

No reason too, you are right and I apologise.
I cant comment on the performance as I didn't see it, I was at a family memorial for my mother, scattering her ashes.

I'm only prepared to discuss things I see.

I'm happy to share opinions with most posters about players or performances, I just get pissed off with the same numpties peddling their tired old prejudices and agendas.

I dont represent or seek to speak for anyone, but if you insist on continually trotting out your turgid agenda I have the right to pass my opinions on it.
You stop pushing them and I'll stop criticising them.

Where as your constant moaning about other posters isn't tedious in any way is it? And your rightly be called out by another poster for this because that’s clearly you’re ‘agenda’. It’s the sheer hypocrisy that astounds with you and the others like you on here.

Do you remember me calling you ‘ Mick who?’ I was doing that because I had no clue who you were or why you were just inserting yourself into discussions simply to engage insults. There is pattern there you endlessly whinged when we had a new influx of posters from Spurs Community and you clearly have a deeply unhealthy obsession with Bus Conductor.

Now I haven’t agreed with some of the positions he takes but unlike you I don’t feel threatened by him and maybe just maybe I might learn something that I didn’t know before. I welcome that - that’s how you learn but you are clearly scared of it because it’s quite clear you lack confidence and conviction in your own views and address that by trying shut down others.

Why someone would believe that this a conducive approach on a discussion board I really do not know.

Where as your constant moaning about other posters isn't tedious in any way is it? And your rightly be called out by another poster for this because that’s clearly you’re ‘agenda’. It’s the sheer hypocrisy that astounds with you and the others like you on here.

Do you remember me calling you ‘ Mick who?’ I was doing that because I had no clue who you were or why you were just inserting yourself into discussions simply to engage insults. There is pattern there you endlessly whinged when we had a new influx of posters from Spurs Community and you clearly have a deeply unhealthy obsession with Bus Conductor.

Now I haven’t agreed with some of the positions he takes but unlike you I don’t feel threatened by him and maybe just maybe I might learn something that I didn’t know before. I welcome that - that’s how you learn but you are clearly scared of it because it’s quite clear you lack confidence and conviction in your own views and address that by trying shut down others.

Why someone would believe that this a conducive approach on a discussion board I really do not know.
Not sure how you could be any more wrong really.
I have no obsession with blakey, or you - just the content of posts (and his massive arrogance in posting war and peace epics.) I dont know either of you personally, so see neither of you as anything but dreadful posters. I care about pissing Pipes off, but not one jot about pointing your failings out.
I have no fear of science or statistics, only of idiots who think them significant in sports. That does not include the human science of conditioning bodies.
You are right about one thing, when I piss off good posters by digging in to you turkeys, I have become part of the problem, so I'll take Nutter Naylors approach and ignore you both.
If you post insults about me and I see them whilst I look for context in threads then you may hear from me again.
I have no problem about exiles from different boards, some have become valuable posters. You on the other hand have not.

We are definitely reaching the point where Sissoko's technical limitations begin to threaten his place in the team, there was a moment against City where he picked up the ball on the left touchline and started motoring forward but despite having the ball right in front of him he never actually had it under control and only made it a few yards before being easily dispossessed.

Son, Lo Celso and Eriksen are pushing to play and Dele will be back soon, he will probably return to being a player we put on to close out the game against tired legs for 20 minutes. That's how we will see the best of him, like with his assist against Villa. He just motored past three tired challenges and played a simple pass to Kane. He needs big spaces and knackered opponents to really affect games.

We are definitely reaching the point where Sissoko's technical limitations begin to threaten his place in the team, there was a moment against City where he picked up the ball on the left touchline and started motoring forward but despite having the ball right in front of him he never actually had it under control and only made it a few yards before being easily dispossessed.

Son, Lo Celso and Eriksen are pushing to play and Dele will be back soon, he will probably return to being a player we put on to close out the game against tired legs for 20 minutes. That's how we will see the best of him, like with his assist against Villa. He just motored past three tired challenges and played a simple pass to Kane. He needs big spaces and knackered opponents to really affect games.
His performances last season will probably mean that he will be brought on earlier and more often now as compared to when he first got here. Poch knows he has a player he can rely on and rotate in.

Back
Top Bottom