Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That doesn't mean that I believe when everyone is fit, he's good enough to start.He's just being rewarded. Just like Vertonghen shouldn't start against Newcastle.

Isn't that effectively the true meritocracy that Poch claimed yet often has not delivered?

Reasons to love Lamela:

1) Has often contributed with goals or assists in big games eg City, Utd, Arse, Pool

2) Workrate is second to none across the frontline - Poch’s strategy requires players like him

3) Most importantly of all, he verbalised the same thought the whole country has when they see Wilshere: “F*ck you, p*ssy”

He’s not even a local but he knows who the enemy is - not only will he kick the sh!t out of them, he will then rub salt into the wound by winding them up after the game and then start laughing.

We’ll miss this mad b*st*rd when he’s gone.

Reasons to love Lamela:

1) Has often contributed with goals or assists in big games eg City, Utd, Arse, Pool

2) Workrate is second to none across the frontline - Poch’s strategy requires players like him

3) Most importantly of all, he verbalised the same thought the whole country has when they see Wilshere: “F*ck you, p*ssy”

He’s not even a local but he knows who the enemy is - not only will he kick the sh!t out of them, he will then rub salt into the wound by winding them up after the game and then start laughing.

4. Shit-housed Fabregas like only a boss can. :lamelaaghh:

Really? We all see it differently & im no fanboy. I support the team and whoever wears the shirt. But I think Lamela has had a strong start this season.
Hey ho 👍
He’s been uneven I’d say. He needs to have better situational awareness when in possession, especially in the middle third. That is most of my frustration with him, but he isn’t always like that, I think it’s correctable.

But he’s also not in my strongest XI, he’s a really good sub though.

He’s been uneven I’d say. He needs to have better situational awareness when in possession, especially in the middle third. That is most of my frustration with him, but he isn’t always like that, I think it’s correctable.

Am not disagreeing pal. Only that I think he’s had a very solid start. If he stays injury free, then we can fairly judge him.
He’s a baller imo but he’s always been judged by injuries over abilities
If he is shit this season and without injury then I will gladly admit it didn’t work out.
What I won’t accept is that he is “shit” by no fucking mark immigrants from weaker forums.

Let's not forget that Lamela also started last season with:

4 goals and 1 assist in his first 343 minutes of the season (Equivalent to just under 4 games)

His problem isn't usually his output. Its the ability to stay fit and consistent.

After that spell?

Just the 1 more assist in the league, in fact he only actually started 6 more games all season and missed a further 15 games due to injury.

This sums up Lamela perfectly for me. In the middle third he constantly holds the ball up seconds too late. Final third though he usually aces a great pass or decent shot.

I see the turnovers as well when he is on the ball, but he is probably our most creative through ball artist. He slipped harry in at Aston, even though the end product wasn’t there, and he found Eriksen with that deft lob at City. When running at the back four, I would honestly rather have him with the ball than Eriksen. He sees things many of our players don’t and it’s why he gets assists when healthy.

Reasons to love Lamela:

I would have added his Rabonna on that list.People take the piss, but football is built on memories like that. Only our Erik!

I see the turnovers as well when he is on the ball, but he is probably our most creative through ball artist. He slipped harry in at Aston, even though the end product wasn’t there, and he found Eriksen with that deft lob at City. When running at the back four, I would honestly rather have him with the ball than Eriksen. He sees things many of our players don’t and it’s why he gets assists when healthy.

Which in turn lead to the corner which he then assisted from.

You could argue that Lamela is our best final third passer when putting someone through on goal and he should have a lot more assists to his name because of it.

Good video there. He should have had double the assists he eventually got that year. I dont think he's ever had a season as good as that one for us though and that was 4 years ago now. A shame.

Which in turn lead to the corner which he then assisted from.

You could argue that Lamela is our best final third passer when putting someone through on goal and he should have a lot more assists to his name because of it.

Good video there. He should have had double the assists he eventually got that year. I dont think he's ever had a season as good as that one for us though and that was 4 years ago now. A shame.

Man, the football the attacking quartet of Eriksen, Dele, Lamela and Kane played at times that season was just breathtaking. Bringing back some great memories watching some of them clips.

Gave away a penalty but got away with it
Scored a goal from a weak effort the goalie would have saved 9 out if 10 times
Took a good but not incredibly good corner that took a fantastic header to score
Lost the ball countless times
Was better than all of his colleagues in midfield
5 out of 10 performance in a sea of 3 out of ten performances.
Good post. An average player. Not crap or as amazing as some make out. Never good enough to nail down a starting 11 place but a good squad player if can stay fit. Too expensive to be just a good squad player. So all in all he is still proving the doubters right season after season. Maybe this will be the season he stays fit. has a massive impact on our season & becomes undroppable.....

This is what people don't get.

He's a risk taker.

One way or another, Lamela makes things happen.

Back
Top Bottom