Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every now and then when I am watching us play and a player like Eriksen or Lamela has a blinder, players who have people on here who won't stop fucking criticising them I just try and think of those posters losing their shit to themselves as they place their internet pride over their team - angrily kicking the shit out of a pillow while the player they hate so much wheels away in celebration.

The Eriksen argument for me regarding him being a top footballer is this. As a supporter would I rather have a player who gives a 100% performance level 70% of the time and 25% performance for the other 30% or someone who gives the team a 70% performance level 100% of the time :thumbup: Personally I'll take the latter.

Danish news reporting Spurs top is stunned that he does not want to sign a new contract even tho he has not been targeted by RM or Barca. Report that Madrid are planning a last minute bid to get him at the end of the window.

The Eriksen argument for me regarding him being a top footballer is this. As a supporter would I rather have a player who gives a 100% performance level 70% of the time and 25% performance for the other 30% or someone who gives the team a 70% performance level 100% of the time :thumbup: Personally I'll take the latter.

100% commitment; 100% of the time... Performances will always fluctuate. Form is temporary.

Commitment will get a player through dips in form.

100% commitment; 100% of the time... Form is temporary.

Commitment will get a player through dips in form.

Totally agree, that's the point I was trying to make but did it poorly. Give me someone who may not be the most talented player in the world but will always show 100% commitment and come off the pitch having put a full shift in every time over someone much more talented but unpredictable with regard to effort and attitude.

I’m an Eriksen fan and, like you, want him to stay but he was dire yesterday in a really big game and he just didn’t look interested
He got pushed off the ball too easily and that’s on the odd occasion he got near it

For me he remains on the bench until he gets sold or his contract is sorted out

I hope that he’s been summoned to Poch’s office and given a dressing down

I get loyalty and all that and I get that he’s a good player and been good for us but enough is enough

Yesterday’s performance was shocking!

No wonder Pep gave him a pat on the head at the end!

When Lo Celso is ready and Son and Dele back, hopefully
Every now and then when I am watching us play and a player like Eriksen or Lamela has a blinder, players who have people on here who won't stop fucking criticising them I just try and think of those posters losing their shit to themselves as they place their internet pride over their team - angrily kicking the shit out of a pillow while the player they hate so much wheels away in celebration.

You miss the point.

I want Eriksen to play well. I don’t pretend he is though

But why would they offer any money for him now knowing full well they can just get him for free next year?

In case he gets injured?

Another year at his prime?

But I take your point and if anyone offers anything close to that we should take their hand off

But why would they offer any money for him now knowing full well they can just get him for free next year?

I guess that's the gamble. But, if they allow him to go as a free agent, Real would risk the likes of Barca becoming interested again.

I personally hope he goes, for a sensible but significant amount, over the next couple of weeks. Great player and I wish him all the best, but his head has been turned and he wants to move. We need to start building a midfield without him.

I think he’ll end up at Utd because I don’t think any better clubs want him....hence the zero bids for him...,,,,ever

Why would they? And if Utd continue like they did against Chelsea, his ship will sail there too

I think he’ll end up at Utd because I don’t think any better clubs want him....hence the zero bids for him...,,,,ever

Why would they? And if Utd continue like they did against Chelsea, his ship will sail there too

Said above, maybe Pep fancies him on a free for the bench to take over from D.Silva next summer....

It’s not about hating a player, it’s about having to read how he’s world class and irreplaceable and our best player when the cunt only turns up 1 in every 4 matches. If people were not so over the top about how good he is then others wouldn’t feel the need to set them straight.

You don’t get this sort of thing with players like Vertonghen because the fan base doesn’t go mental every time he does 1 half decent thing.

It’s not about hating a player, it’s about having to read how he’s world class and irreplaceable and our best player when the cunt only turns up 1 in every 4 matches. If people were not so over the top about how good he is then others wouldn’t feel the need to set them straight.

You don’t get this sort of thing with players like Vertonghen because the fan base doesn’t go mental every time he does 1 half decent thing.
Moura >>>>>> Eriksen
Winks >>>>>>> Eriksen

No one gives a fuck if Moura is dropped or Winks constantly subbed off though

Sell him, grind it out until Christmas and re-invest the money with the signing of Dybala or Fernandes. It would suck but ultimately it's the best case scenario based on the likely outcome at present.
Don’t even think it’s too much of a grind if Dele and Son can stay fit and Lo Celso and Ndombele are integrated.

Back
Top Bottom