Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane moved past Robbie Keane and Anelka today into joint 13th position with Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink in the all time PL top scorers today, he also has the best goals to games ratio in the entire list at 0.7 goals per games slightly better than Aguero's 0.69

Harry Kane sets his standards so high it can only be a good thing for those around him.

When he said England should be aiming for the World Cup Final. The country laughed. We were one half of playing smart football away from it.

Harry talks like Spurs should be pushing for the biggest prizes. I’d love to know what he said at half time in Amsterdam.

I doubt there was a player who didn’t want him starting the CL final.

Great start Harry. Stay fit. Don’t make tackles on the halfway line touchline. And drive us to big things.

:kanegoal:

He's now 13th highest ever scorer in Premier League history with this brace overtaking Robbie Keane and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. With 127, he needs 18 goals to overtake Robin van Persie in 12th who has 144.

Also as a bonus stat attack to my previous stat bomb, Kane now has the best scoring ratio of any player with 100 or more goals in the Premier League with 0.70. Next best are Sergio Agüero with 0.69 and Thierry Henry with 0.68.

«I have been asked several times to appoint the toughest defender against whom I played and I said Chiellini. He uses his body well and knows how to position himself well. When you try to run, you know when to cut your way. He knows when to be hard and when to abandon the clash, always with the right times ".

Harry Kane

«I have been asked several times to appoint the toughest defender against whom I played and I said Chiellini. He uses his body well and knows how to position himself well. When you try to run, you know when to cut your way. He knows when to be hard and when to abandon the clash, always with the right times ".

Harry Kane
That’s definitely been put through google translate into Italian and then back into English. Either that or Harry has done a McLaren.

It's popular to dig out Eriksen in big games but when's the last time Kane's showed up?

Look, he's a legend, he's one of our own etc but he's not infallible. These injuries have taken its toll. He'll always score when given service but scoring goals was not the only reason he was considered so good. The all round play and bulldozing nature was special, but it's not there anymore. These days when Kane drops deep he either loses the 50-50 battle or looks for a free kick. It's not good.

It's popular to dig out Eriksen in big games but when's the last time Kane's showed up?

Look, he's a legend, he's one of our own etc but he's not infallible. These injuries have taken its toll. He'll always score when given service but scoring goals was not the only reason he was considered so good. The all round play and bulldozing nature was special, but it's not there anymore. These days when Kane drops deep he either loses the 50-50 battle or looks for a free kick. It's not good.

Up until today Kane had scored 33 goals in his last 33 away games. I don't really see how we can be digging him out even if his game has changed a bit

He's lost a bit of pace and I think he is pulling out of 50-50s due to a fear of that injury coming back. But Kane's come up with the goods for us in plenty of clutch situations over the years and has played well when the team hasn't. Give him a month and If he's still not 100% we can worry

Last edited:
Up until today Kane had scored 33 goals in his last 33 away games. I don't really see how we can be digging him out even if his game has changed a bit

When a guy got dropped for the biggest game in the club's history having dragged us there in the first place I don't think that way anymore. I don't think I'm digging him out either - he could retire tomorrow and forever be a legend. I am a big fan of his which is why in a way I'd rather he gets a proper recovery plan post injury rather than be parachuted back in because he's Harry Kane. I don't want to look back in 5 years with him peaking highest at 24.

Something's not been right with him for a while. Lo Celso didn't touch the ball I think yet he probably had as much of an effect on the game as Harry. Zilch.

When a guy got dropped for the biggest game in the club's history having dragged us there in the first place I don't think that way anymore. I don't think I'm digging him out either - he could retire tomorrow and forever be a legend. I am a big fan of his which is why in a way I'd rather he gets a proper recovery plan post injury rather than be parachuted back in because he's Harry Kane. I don't want to look back in 5 years with him peaking highest at 24.

Something's not been right with him for a while. Lo Celso didn't touch the ball I think yet he probably had as much of an effect on the game as Harry. Zilch.

Did you see the freekicks he won at important times today? The ones that took the sting out of the game? Harry didn't get a shot off apart from one that was 50 yards out, it's ridiculous to judge him on that today when he got no service.

Harry is fine, he'll always score goals and he's a top centre forward. If you want to have beef with certain things regarding H it's up to you mate but his record and impact on our team speaks for itself.

He's had a full summer to recover, he got himself a brace last week and as it stands has the best games to goals ratio of any Premier League footballer in history that's scored 100+ goals at a ratio of 0.7 goals per game. Harry is the least of our worries, especially now that he's finally had a full summers rest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom