Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't blame him.... You get the crap kicked out of you otherwise... Especially in less 'fluffier' times and leagues.
Very much so, he took no prisoners and I think his general attitude was to get his retaliation in first.
He was offered training/trials at a few pro clubs, but he was more interested in playing in a team with his mates plus booze and birds.

He had a decent enough game last night in the Copa America semi against Chile, pinged some pretty pinpoint long range crossfield passes during the match, still a bit suspect defensively at times.
For the first goal that Chile had disallowed, he and Ospina got in each other's way, but obviously watching on TV you can't tell who was at fault as regards giving the other player a call.
In injury time he pulled the attackers shoulder who went down for a penalty appeal. He got away with it but it was not smart. Frustrating when Sanchez, Aurier and Foyth continue to make mistakes they should of learnt from. All 3 could be great.

You've entirely revised your criticism... (Previously "Silly challenges" a la Foyth's who HAS made a number of rash challenges resulting in reds and pens).

Yeh, he had a steady run in the side the year before with a settled back line around him.... In and out and a line-up in constant flux this year.

He's a big lad AND athletic.. He's learning what his body can do for him... If required don't you WANT him to be able to mix it up with the bigger STs? (Afterall, his doubters also gave him shit for being out-muscled by Rondon vs WBA....)

Give the guy a break. Let him grow... You'd think his first season would buy him some patience, not be a measuring stick to beat him with.

Lol...def beating the guy up. Been a supporter of his and believe in his ability. Unfortunately for him he is behind a pair that are certainly in the running for best at their position.

I do think Sanchez has made rash and stupid challenges all over the park, luckily for him, most have come outside the penalty spot. Something he will learn not to do.

Lol...def beating the guy up.

Not quite what I said tho' is it.... "lol"?

(I said a good season shouldn't become a stick to beat him with, it should afford him some patience)

Been a supporter of his and believe in his ability.

Pretty sure we had this debate in the "other match thread' during last season however

Honestly thought he was awful in the first half, where he was all over the place, but excellent in the second. Hopefully all he needs is experience to get up to standard for a full ninety.

Clearly at 23 he's already an outstanding CB chances are he will only get better ... with Toby and Jan on the way out it looks like Poch has decided that our 40m replacement is now going to get game time. Fully expect him to be a near permanent fixture with either Jan, Toby or both alongside him.

His extra yard of pace around the box made all the difference in that second forty-five ... let's hope we have a decade watching Sanchez clock up 500 Spurs appearances ... the guy is a ready made legend

Last edited:
I thought he was terrible first half (but not in a defensive sense) but improved a lot in the second. I think our build up play becomes really awkward with two right footed centre backs. Too many times we could have played a ball if we had Vertonghen there but he was shifted inside back to Lloris who is horrendous with his feet.

Back
Top Bottom