Is this fixture list our best chance ever of winning Prem?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That makes the difference clear.

However, Poch says Football is fluid. Liverpool finished below us 8-10 seasons (?) before last, so it is not helpful to suddenly cower beneath them mentally (not saying you are, but most seem to perceive them as out of sight). Though the gap was big, we had a smaller (quality) squad with a fatigued core, this fatigue should now be resolved (or equal to peers), plus we have signed 3 first team squad players (2 first teamers).

KWP and/or Foyth are both capable of having Robertson style breakout seasons.

We should have enough to bulldoze more teams this season I hope, giving the squad more minutes, keeping us fresher.

Get Eriksen a new contract and I will believe it could be our year (if we remain undefeated after City).

This season could be our best shot, if we keep Toby and Eriksen it will be very difficult to improve next season (replacing two like those leaving on frees).

Brian Clough got Notts Forrest back to back European Cups, Poch has performed miracles with 'top of second tier' players (on the whole), let's see what he can do with 3 of his choice (NDombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon were all his picks, and top picks it appears).

COYS

Leicester won the PL so anything's possible. I agree with your point that this may be our best team for a while (if Eriksen runs his contract down) with him and Toby halfway out the door. And I definitely agree that we can't be mentally cowered by City and Liverpool. Which I'm not worried about--our team has shown itself to be very mentally tough.

Something magical will have to happen at RB for us to be a contender though. Along with of course a lack of injuries, our new players bedding in and contributing at the level we hoped for, etc.

It doesn’t matter what order they are in. Upside down, back to front , written in Hindu. We arnt even going to be challenging for the league, let alone winning it . Saturday proved we still have major problems that still haven’t been addressed.

It’s a race for a cl spot. That’s it

More rubbish on this front....

GLC was bought yet expected to make no difference?

Between him and Ndombele we have a new MF to bed in which should spell increased creativity.

Getting the likes of Dele, Son, Vert and others back won't help get us up and running?

Ditch the shit-tinted glasses, you bore!

Just starting to scan the forum again after a summer break. Came across this beaut. Must say, the OP has a point. I’ve checked the fixture list and ... wait for it ... if we win all of our games (currently 100% on track) then we will win the Premier League. It’s pretty much guaranteed. See, we’re in the Premier League and, by some crooked magic, so is everyone else we’re playing. FINALLY a fixture list we can do something with.

I’m in.

COYS!

:hugoshock: :pochohshit:

The magic formula is 1.6 billion pounds in player purchases.
We dont need to come from being a rubbish side to winning the league. We are already in the top 4 for a long time now.

Once they reached 2nd-3rd, how much more did they spend to become PL winners. ?

Answer is in 2010-11 they finishined 3rd

Then they added another 80m worth of players in the summer and won the league in 2011-12.

Of course they kept on spending similar amounts every year to stay up there. But we dont need to spend 1.6 billion to win the league as our position right now is much further ahead of their starting point.

More rubbish on this front....

GLC was bought yet expected to make no difference?

Between him and Ndombele we have a new MF to bed in which should spell increased creativity.

Getting the likes of Dele, Son, Vert and others back won't help get us up and running?

Ditch the shit-tinted glasses, you bore!
Heaven forbid someone has an opinion different to your nauseating happy-clappy wankathon - even yet be allowed to express it on here

Last edited:
What is wrong with you. We won 3-1 and played very well in the second half.

If you take that little joy out of watching us, my polite advice to you would be for you to kindly close your account and never post on here again.

Thanks.

Bit disappointed in you. Searched the thread for the impolite advice post.

Wasn’t there. WTF.

Having a sharp and fit Harry Kane for 38 league games will be our best chance. To me he looks like a man on a mission.

If he can avoid injury you are guaranteed goals. And we have the squad experience around him now to cause real concerns for other teams.

But Harry is the key.

Having a sharp and fit Harry Kane for 38 league games will be our best chance. To me he looks like a man on a mission.

If he can avoid injury you are guaranteed goals. And we have the squad experience around him now to cause real concerns for other teams.

But Harry is the key.
I think we also need to tighten the back considerably. We went from having the best defensive record in the PL few year back to shipping clown goals and not being able to absorb pressure

Last edited:
I disagree on this as so many factors such as form, if you play away after champions league, if you have promoted teams early, relegation threatened teams late, teams with new players before they have settled in etc.....

All makes a difference.

But yes fundamentally every team home and away!
After CL games the most important thing is playing other teams who have also played in the CL/EL. You don't want, say, Sheffield United away and they are scrapping for their lives and the chance to overturn a big team at home....plus their players are all fresh. Worst case scenario IMO.

We dont need to come from being a rubbish side to winning the league. We are already in the top 4 for a long time now.

Once they reached 2nd-3rd, how much more did they spend to become PL winners. ?

Answer is in 2010-11 they finishined 3rd

Then they added another 80m worth of players in the summer and won the league in 2011-12.

Of course they kept on spending similar amounts every year to stay up there. But we dont need to spend 1.6 billion to win the league as our position right now is much further ahead of their starting point.

80m back then was a shit tonne of dosh!

I think we also need to tighten the back considerably. We went from having the best defensive record in the PL few year back to shipping clown goals and not being able to absorb pressure

Losing the best right back in the PL, our defensive rock suddenly suffering recurring injuries and the best LB in the league falling out of form, sanity and fitness regularly also had an impact. I still maintain that as a pair, Toby and Jan are the BEST CB two in the league, it’s just those support around isn’t as strong as it was.

Losing the best right back in the PL, our defensive rock suddenly suffering recurring injuries and the best LB in the league falling out of form, sanity and fitness regularly also had an impact. I still maintain that as a pair, Toby and Jan are the BEST CB two in the league, it’s just those support around isn’t as strong as it was.
100%. I remember some experts on here claiming we've 'mugged' City off by selling them our second-rate RB and Tripps the white Cafu cause he had 2 good games in a row. How much difference 2 seasons can make...

Back
Top Bottom