Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah looks big there but wiki has him at 1.81m which is 5'9!!!! (have I got that right?)

He's definitely taller than 5 ft 9, that's for sure.

Probably still growing too.

I like this model of watching the Championship and picking up kids who look talented but don't manage promotion with their team.

Wonder who it will be this season...
:sonhmm:

Still surprised we (or anyone) didn't take a gamble on Jarrod Bowen. I am pretty sure his contract is up next summer though, so maybe we'll try and prize him away in January and send him back on loan until the summer...

I like this model of watching the Championship and picking up kids who look talented but don't manage promotion with their team.

Wonder who it will be this season...
:sonhmm:
Where as we exclusively buy our Wing Backs from teams who come up but immediately get relegated.

qM7t2C.gif

GettyImages-1136245825.jpg

Leeds fans suggest he isn't anywhere near back to his best yet.

Haven't seen much of him, but so far am thinking he has a good touch, change of pace, but with a reluctance to release the ball. Your typical ball hog maybe.

Still surprised we (or anyone) didn't take a gamble on Jarrod Bowen. I am pretty sure his contract is up next summer though, so maybe we'll try and prize him away in January and send him back on loan until the summer...
I'm a little surprised by that too. At 22 he's a little older than Clarke, but hardly past it! One to keep an eye on. A new contract hardly outside the realms of possibility before January.

Where as we exclusively buy our Wing Backs from teams who come up but immediately get relegated.

qM7t2C.gif

GettyImages-1136245825.jpg
Completely agree on Aarons, and I don't see a situation where we don't go in for him if Norwich City go down. He'll have a taste of the PL this season and will be hooked.

I like to wind my girlfriend (who is from a Norwich-supporting family) up by saying Max Arrons will be a fantastic right back knocking on the door of the England squad... for Tottenham.
:allitongue:

Haven't seen much of him, but so far am thinking he has a good touch, change of pace, but with a reluctance to release the ball. Your typical ball hog maybe.
Watched him a few times last season. Prior to his funny turn he was terrorising defenders but lacking a bit of end product. Wouldn't call him greedy.

I'm a little surprised by that too. At 22 he's a little older than Clarke, but hardly past it! One to keep an eye on. A new contract hardly outside the realms of possibility before January.

Completely agree on Aarons, and I don't see a situation where we don't go in for him if Norwich City go down. He'll have a taste of the PL this season and will be hooked.

I like to wind my girlfriend (who is from a Norwich-supporting family) up by saying Max Arrons will be a fantastic right back knocking on the door of the England squad... for Tottenham.
:allitongue:
I'm just going to call him Max Aarons-Walker-Peters

I'm not seeing it with Aarons but Bowen must be worth a punt.
Aarons is bloody good though, especially at only 19 years old.

People need to use a little caution in judging his performances in 19/20 because (the way I see it) Norwich are going for such suicidal attacking football that he'll probably look a bit sketchy defensively. I think his attacking play will be the thing to watch.

A bit like an anti-Wan-Bissaka.
:sonlol:

The young right back at Derby looks good too. Jayden Bogle.

Definitely talent in the lower leagues though and would be great to gamble on some of them.

I see a player who loves being out wide with the occasional desire to cut in and have a dig. I'm interested to see how he develops but if he eventually learns how to play the defensive side of the game I see a potential full back in him. Obviously it's impossible to say if he could become one but how he likes to run at people out wide reminds me of a right sided equivalent to Sessegnon.

Sessegnon & Clarke have the potential to make other teams fullbacks have a horrendous time.

Last edited:

Definitely talent in the lower leagues though and would be great to gamble on some of them.
Should keep an eye on that young striker Derby have signed from DC United too once he joins up in January, looks a real prospect.

Isn't he a former wing? I like him though. Only thing is his stature, he kinda looks weaker than KWP. Aarons being a little bloke have at least worked up a pair of Roberto Carlos thighs

74749663d3212c14ddaf46339d085c24dd7ab5dd86b4bfa2acb609fcb458a19a35ded026.jpg

Or not even close

We should also keep an eye on Norwich LB Jamal Lewis

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom