New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem is supply and demand - we get 3,000 tickets and >30,000 want one - however you decide to distribute the tickets 9/10 will always be unhappy, that's simple math for you. If you go to away games then you know it's the same faces every week, the theory that 'loads' of tickets go on sale just isn't true. Sure some do, there are always reasons ST's can't make games, not least the bloody TV companies, but having been an away season ticket holder for many years I can say with absolute certainty that the vast majority of away season ticket holders are as hardcore Spurs as you will ever meet ... if it takes five years going to every game there is to get on that list, then that's what it takes. All I've read so far is people looking for short cuts to jump the queue, of course deal with the 'touts' but don't tar the vast majority with that same brush ... the guys with away season tickets have all done their hard yards, they deserve to be respected.
About 10 years ago I could go to every away game, most went on general sale actually. I don't know where these fans have come from. Not a dig just an observation. I don't know many people who go away games (who can get a ticket?), but the ones I do have some sort of ticket share system so points always accumulate.

I can only go to away games if my friend isn't going and I can have her ticket. She obviously let's me have it for cost price but I don't get the loyalty points.

They'd be your dedicated "never missed a game anywhere" man who'd miss out to a shiney new stadium season ticket holder who fancies Woolwich away. In a random lottery I think everyone would just apply for everything. The resale market would be chaos.

The problem is that there is a resale market at all, it's like viagogo with the concert tickets. The demand outstrips supply. There needs to be a strict standard that only the the named ticket holder can use it.

The idea that some people who always go won't be able to get their normal ticket does sound harsh but there are so many fans who don't get the chance to go away, even as season ticket holders, there does need to be a rebalanced approach, I think some lottery element would be great because if you want to buy tickets using the official route, you don't stand a chance, you have to know someone or pay well over the odds, now, that can't be right.

EBrduzhX4AATIPg

Ooooer. Before the game I took virtually the same photo. We must have been within spitting distance of each other :)

7RetAev.jpg

Those flourescent tops were a youth 'soccer' team from Florida. The interesting thing was that once they'd eaten their burgers and drunk their Coke, they took all their rubbish back to the counter. Is that normal in America?

Looks like someone replaced the cockerel by the time you took your pic.

I think the 'bottom up' dispensers just don't work, saw this mentioned by some Liverpool fans saying they had the system and dumped it because it didn't work!
Of course It won't work, if someone nicks all the magnets from the bottom of the glasses.

Ooooer. Before the game I took virtually the same photo. We must have been within spitting distance of each other :)

7RetAev.jpg

Those flourescent tops were a youth 'soccer' team from Florida. The interesting thing was that once they'd eaten their burgers and drunk their Coke, they took all their rubbish back to the counter. Is that normal in America?

Looks like someone replaced the cockerel by the time you took your pic.

Thanks for the high vis explanation. From the south stand it looked like it was all kicking off with a line of stewards wading in!!

I was a couple of rows directly behind the group in the yellow jackets.

Didn't see anything kick off. Nobody got across the divide. Literally just verbals. Pretty good natured for most of it.

pwagfqK.jpg

I was a couple of rows directly behind the group in the yellow jackets.

Didn't see anything kick off. Nobody got across the divide. Literally just verbals. Pretty good natured for most of it.

pwagfqK.jpg
Couldn't see from vantage point. Just saw the video of the two fat lasses with hepatitis.

Couldn't see from vantage point. Just saw the video of the two fat lasses with hepatitis.

Ah yes, the 2 delightful ladies. They were at the back of the lower section next to exit 113. The video you saw would have been taken by a home fan on his way out of the stadium after the match. You could get quite close to them as you got to the top of the stairs of the exit.

They were behind me and I hadn't noticed their existence during the game. Not even when I went out to the concourse at half time.

Went to the Chicken thingy in the stadium for the first time, oh my, the food there is rather tasty!

I went to the Chicken House in the South Stand for the first time on Saturday - was ok if a bit dry. Cost £7 for which money i could have had 4 Chicken Breasts and 2 monster portions of Chips in Chick King. And still have 40p change.

You dare to disrespect Chick King?
I am offended and affronted...
If I'm honest, it's a right dive. Chicken is greasy as fuck, not worth queuing, been with people who have shit through an eye of a needle following a visit.

Brown Eagle is my main place for grub just a couple of doors up. Havn't been since we've got back home, getting pangs just thinking about it.

Last edited:
If I'm honest, it's a right dive. Chicken is greasy as fuck, not worth queuing, been with people who have shit through an eye of a needle following a visit.

Browns is my main place for grub just a couple of doors up. Havn't been since we've got back home, getting pangs just thinking about it.
What sort of grub is browns? Never eaten from there.
To be honest, i prefer a sit down in a cafe to take aways.

Browns is my main place for grub just a couple of doors up. Havn't been since we've got back home, getting pangs just thinking about it.

I have eaten in there dozens of times and never had a problem. Nor have any of the people i have been with. Horses for courses i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom