Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His passing. We've lacked someone in midfield who can spray the ball out wide (usually comes from our centre halves) and he was doing that effortlessly. Basically helped us run the game.

Plus:.

It was as close to Modric-lite that I've ever seen from him, if i am honest with you. The way he would control, spray it outwide with quick accuracy as well as defend relatively well.

Yeh that bit was pure filth, loved it.

He's special. Needs to try and add to his repertoire each season as he's fundamentally solid I feel.

Some more goals, assists etc would be the icing on the cake. If he's pushed he could be world class.

It's time for people to get behind Eriksen and Rose, they are professionals, both played yesterday despite all the bullshit about their head being somewhere else. You may not like what they've said or done but for now they are Tottenham players and while they are such, I have every confidence that they are committed to our cause.

I think Lloris is quite a good club Captain for us - Levy / Poch don't really like to reveal too much and he always toes the party line

Also, being Captain means more press exposure........if Kane's Captain that just means more endless questions about moving to Real Madrid, etc
Kane is England captain, he's already got too much on his shoulders IMO.

Still believe he played CL final unfit because of sponsorship, WTC

It's time for people to get behind Eriksen and Rose, they are professionals, both played yesterday despite all the bullshit about their head being somewhere else. You may not like what they've said or done but for now they are Tottenham players and while they are such, I have every confidence that they are committed to our cause.

And they were both two of our best performers

Kane is England captain, he's already got too much on his shoulders IMO.

Still believe he played CL final unfit because of sponsorship, WTC

I think he was just desperate to play for us in a CL final and fooled himself and Poch into going along with it
Nothing more in it than that and as we all know it didn’t come off
Shit happens

I think he was just desperate to play for us in a CL final and fooled himself and Poch into going along with it
Nothing more in it than that and as we all know it didn’t come off
Shit happens

Jesus we're close on opinions, don't suppose I can tempt you to the remainer camp?

I'll be honest, I have my doubts...

Jesus we're close on opinions, don't suppose I can tempt you to the remainer camp?

I'll be honest, I have my doubts...

God loves a trier!

No sorry mate
I made my mind up in the 70s and never wanted to join the Common Market in the first place and haven’t changed my mind as it’s morphed into the EEC or the EU and if you lot get your way into aUnited States if Europe complete with a joke of an army armed with broomsticks 🧹

Apologies for going off thread and let’s agree about our glorious team
lol

I just do not understand why Poch will never entertain a 433.

Ndombele-------Winks--------Lo Celso

Moura/Son/Lamela--------Kane--------Son/Sess/Moura​

If we still don't after this trf window's activity, I dunno what the fuck to think.

How many more times can Poch come out in a post match a say "'we (i.e. I) got the tactics wrong, but the players showed great persistence and character to get the result" (paraphrasing)?

Rewatched the game again and focused on Winks in that first half. What a player we have on our hands if he can keep himself fit. Hopefully Poch can rotate him more during some weekends, especially when the likes of Lo Celso are up to scratch to help keep him fit and make him realise no one's position should be safe in there.

First time we've played at the new stadium and it felt like the Lane in my view.
Do you still think he can't play in the holding DM role? Or are you warming to it?

Want to personally thank everyone who sang loud and clear yesterday. You helped drown out the plonker who thought it was a great idea to loudly argue with his wife on the phone in the train for 2 hours.

Thank you for making my train ride a little bit less miserable! And thank you Spurs for turning it around so I would not have to shove his phone into his fat gob out of frustration.

Last edited:
Bollocks. You were ignorantly whinging about this before the game.... We had 7 or 8 players missing today. Plus we bought GLC and Ndombele both whom have creative element to their games. Son and Dele also think you're talking gash.

They have creative elements? What the fuck does that mean? We could have 50 players all coming back from injury but they don't add up to one true playmaker. None of those you named can replace Eriksen. No one else in our squad is like him. We have a squad filled with runners, and almost no passers. It's been obvious for years and yesterday demonstrated that in the most alarming way.

Back
Top Bottom