Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wants to sign a contract he has said so this week, we need to tie him down asap

It’s not that simple. He’s 32 years old. In a couple of years, he probably won’t be good enough for Spurs anymore. This is a tricky negotiation with his agent, who will want more years on the contract than we want to give. And at higher pay.

It’s not that simple. He’s 32 years old. In a couple of years, he probably won’t be good enough for Spurs anymore. This is a tricky negotiation with his agent, who will want more years on the contract than we want to give. And at higher pay.
That is not a tall order in the big scheme of things. The club needs to send a signal that it rewards loyalty to those who want to play for the shirt and not themselves.

I wonder what he did to warrant being dropped...maybe pissed Poch off in training so he put his foot down? curious one. Probably just a storm in a teacup but sure the media and ITK numskulls will blow it out of proportion

I just assumed he was injured, hope whatever it is they can be grown up about it and sort it out quickly. We will need Jan's experience and know-how over the season.

hope poch can forget about any problems with Jan for best of the team,
I can understand having Jan or Toby as sub to give Davidson more match time,

This all seems strange, JV loves it here and is always going on about how this is his club. He never has a bad game for us and is a great role model. Something's not right...

...also hes in my bloody Fantasy Draft team, so sort it out ASAP :vertna:

He might be wanting Jan to step up his game to another level. Dropping him may be what he needs to fire him up. Poch alluded to that being done to him in his playing days. Can't think of any other reason.

Probably just had a wank week in training. It happens.

No one should be a guaranteed starter just because they've been here longer than most people. If it was that, let's hope it makes him get back to his best.

Let's be honest, he's been far from his best for a while. And playing Sanchez/Toby yesterday were more than fine.

Probably just had a wank week in training. It happens.

No one should be a guaranteed starter just because they've been here longer than most people. If it was that, let's hope it makes him get back to his best.

Let's be honest, he's been far from his best for a while. And playing Sanchez/Toby yesterday were more than fine.
Sanchez screams insecurity. There is no way he's ever gonna be on Jan level.

Back
Top Bottom